WorleyParsons Employee Reviews

Experience entirely positive in US and Nigeria, while not so positive in Saudi Arabia.
Project Director - WorleyParsons, Khobar, KSA (Former Employee) –  Lagos, NigeriaAugust 21, 2017
Poor Management with little or no feedback on job performance or how to improve or advance while working in Saudi Arabia. Experience entirely positive in US and Nigeria, both would have received five stars, Khobar was lucky to get three.
Pros
Good salary and benefits.
Cons
Not a people company.
Good working environment
PORTFOLIO/PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  LagosMarch 12, 2017
Multi-racial, multi-ethnic work environment with very good work place culture.

Interfacing with upper management and subordinates with primary purpose of ensuring quality service delivery to Clients.

Diverse Clientele across the oil and gas industry providing impressively challenging work activities.
Pros
Good healthcare plan, good work/live balance
Cons
Pay disparity due to expatriate/national dichotomy, Clients' goodwill dependent
OCONUS assignment in Nigeria, startup project
Deputy HSE Manager/ HSE Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Lagos, NGJune 7, 2017
OCONUS assignment in Nigeria on a startup project for remediation of offshore oil production platforms. Compensation was acceptable. Area was dangerous and there was limited freedom due to elections. Office environment and general area lacked infrastructure. Co-workers from all nations were delightful.
Great working atmosphere with very good team spirit
Principal Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lagos, NigeriaDecember 29, 2014
We start as early as 6.30 am when everybodyelse is at sleep. This itself produces a strong enrgy in the employees. A typical day starts with meetings with the superiors at arround 7 pm and then the team meetings there after wherein the goals are conveyed and percolated. Thereafter I get on with my daily routine of attending to the project team's problems. We work through till 12 Noon, when I take my lunch break and go down for a short brisk walk with my colleagues. Once again we are back at the work desk at 12.30 pm and work till 6 pm. In between I break atleast 3 to 4 times each for 10 minutes to grab a cup of coffee and relax my back. At 6 Pm sharp we pack our bags and head beack home. This has been the typical routine for the last year since I joined the Company for the Egina FPSO projectAt WPN , I learnt to work in a very diverse multinational evironment. The management has been one of the best managements I have worked with. The show empathy to the employees problems and treat us with great sympathy and love. We hoin together to celebrate each others birthday and the Company generally provides the cake and participates on such ocassions. The Management is very much concerned about the safety of the employees and they conduct the monthly safety awareness meeting wherein the safety awareness is imparted. Also we start all meetings with a safety moment on how to act safety for ourselves and our colleagues and families. "Know safety, No pain" has been the Project safety slogan. We have also had team building sessions to help know each other and promote the team spirit. The  more... Project teams members are encouraged to meet each other and talk to each other rather than send emails for communication. My co-workers have been like an extended family. Being a multinational workforce, we have all adapted to the requirements of the multinational work culture to succeed as a team.The hardest part of the job was coming to work at 6.30am ay after day. Sometimes as human beings I was too tired and felt like sleeping more. But the work timings needed us to be at the office at 6.30 am and hence I had to literally drag myself to be at office . This was the toughest part of the job. The Project work culture was so good that I enjoyed every moment of the job without exception. Interacting with the Clients, Contractor, my superiors and my team members was a wonderful experience and we worked as a great team to achieve the targets. As a whole this was one of the most enjoyable jobs in my career.  less
Pros
Good package including fully furnished housing and chaffeur driven car, Medical insurance, Rest & recreation break of 2 weeks after working contiuously for 8 weeks.
Cons
Early start, long working hours, short lunch break
Exciting productive creative work environment
Package 1 Piping Designer Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lagos, LADecember 8, 2015
Work office in Nigeria was very unique as the job was fast tracked and involved a lot of training for the Nationals. Nigeria Power grid was not very consistent so the power would go out throughout the day.
Great Company
Sr. Instrumentation & Control Engineer (Former Employee) –  LagosMarch 29, 2014
WorleyParsons is a company with strong reputation in sustainable development, environmental friendly, Safety and value for people. I will be happy to work with Worleyparsons again
Instrumentation Engineer
Instrumentation Engineer (Former Employee) –  LagosMarch 12, 2014
Instrument selections from vendors catalogs, data sheets handling, P&IDs and FEEDs evaluations, calculations, charts and graphs preparations.