World Health Organization logo
World Health Organization

World Health Organization Employee Reviews

Work-Life Balance

Highly productive organization

An organization that is focusedful and always mindful of capacity buildingAn organization that has highly respected expertsAn organization that cares for individual and family health, working towards communities herd immunity

Its productive and good atmosphere workingplace

At the first day of my work its really stressful and i was trying to catch up to speed, but overall it was Productive, competitive, excellent and great working culture.

Pros

Great meal

Cons

healthcare and wellness.

Productive and an addition to experience

One year and some months of Working there gave me the feel of filed work. It stressful but was worth it as it relate to my passion and soft spot for children. The program was meant for helping children to be immuned from the polio virus. I can say it, to some extent met it goals.

Productive and fun workplace

Working as an Independent Monitor at World Health Organisation was fun. It gave me opportunity to meet and interact with different kinds of people. It is also fun working for humanity.

Business wok placle

I may like to work any day any time and im alway want to busy my self.pocus on this company is wobbly,and i really like to work at the company is intellect.

Pros

Lunch

Cons

Health

WHO is an agency under UN therefore it is a humanitarian organisation, so working there is an opportunity to serve humanity

I worked with WHO on SPECIAL SERVICE AGREEMENT (SSA) and was relieved of my job due to polio virus eradication in Nigeria. Thete is no fund to maintain staff under polio eradication program. I really contributed to this historic achievement. WHO has achieved more in providing health for all around the globe and it need to be funded adequately in order to achieve more.

Pros

Salary is commiserate and is paid in time, Working environment is conducive with computers and cellphones to aid the work

Cons

No staff development programme in terms of training either locally or internationally

Conducive place to work

Actually,the kind of experience I derived from WHO is overemphasized, though it was stressful a-times it it groomed me to be self reliant and hardworking.

Pros

Free breakfast and lunch

Cons

Adequate welfare

Productive and Dedicated place and people to work with

Every day comes with its unique and different work and life challenges but above all I have learnt to take and tackle it one at a time. I have learnt patience and perseverance because I enjoy my work as a field officer/Epidemiologist. The most enjoyable part is I get to meet lots of people and I am always glad I am able to attend to their needs and proffer solutions to their questions and issues.

productive and good environment for career growth

A typical work day outside the office can be tasking, as visit is made to Health Facilities for supportive supervision. While on field you learn from the grassroots, decisions are made to suit the purpose at hand.the most tasking part of the job is when you need to visit rural settlement for supportive supervision.

My experience working for WHO

Due to my jurisdiction was on field. I worked collecting primary type of data directly from the source and collating it later after retiring from field the same day. The hardest part of the job, was some areas are far to reach due to their locations and also problem of getting transport to get me back to my destination. I trekked kilometers at times before getting bike to take me back to my destination. Workingwith W.H.O is an eyes opener for me. It makes me realize their is more to life than take, take and take. We have to give us also. With WHO helping the disadvantaged group with vaccines to prevent polio for free.

Independent Monitor

As an independent Monitor with WHO I was responsible for checking immunization status of children in house holds, investigating reasons for missing children in house holds.

It is about my work in the world health organization

In the organization i used to work with my utmost effort to make sure that i handle the work accordingly, the work i did was routing immunization which we used to go round to vaccinate children from zero to one year old. And we used to work all the days except Sunday only.

High-paced work environment

A god place to acquire skills. High-paced work environment. Worked under pressure. Many travel opportunities. Could be called upon at anytime. A lot of team work.

Job seeker

I was worked in immunazation program in many roles eg health worker, team supervisor and ward focal person, i like work with WHO becouse i haved getting many experience in health issues.thank

Good

My time with the WHO was a well spent one, where I learnt how to relate and handle critical cases with urgency and also a calm mind which would help me produce more effective and long lasting solution.

Good work and commitment staff welfares and consideration

Reaching underserved community and hard to reach settlement is my priority community engagement and awerness working with World health organization is a proud which many people are looking to be with them one of the recognize organization rander health Care services technical support

World health organization it helps the people and makes it staff busy.

I solicited this great organization helps people in managing their health and support in treating several disease conditions like malaria, cough, etc.

Great trainings, great experience and great exposure.

A typical day at work is exciting, i learnt field supervision of different groups of people of over seven groups daily, the management is good, workplace culture is good. The hardest part of the job is locating different groups of immunizers at whatever timid location they are for supervision, and the most enjoyable part of the job is meeting, discussing and sharing contacts with different people including foreigners.

It's a place with good working condition and there is knowledge update through trainings,orientations and reorientations.

A nice working place with vast experience and exposure. Working at different communities, sharing different experience. There is assement being conducted at regular intervals. To measure performance as a form of motivation. It's a contractual work, renewable at six months intervals.

Pros

Regular pay

Cons

Work is demanding

excellent work place with needed facilities

a typical day at work is just like any professional environment. i learned to work under pressure and stay calm, I learned how to use ona. the management is friendly and hospitable. The hardest part of the job is the fact that some mothers due to cultural believes do not avail their children for immunization and one has to go through a lot to convince them. The most enjoyable part of the job is the fulfillment i get from the fact that a child is away from the dangers of polio

Fun place to be

Has everything a work place had to offer. It was nice working with tbe team. Though it wasnt for a long time, but it was worth every sweat, because the healtb and safety of every individaul wiyhing the environment was paramount to us, so we had to make sure the task was carried put exceptionally.
  • World Health Organization