World Health Organization

World Health Organization Employee Reviews for Monitor

Working as an Independent Monitor at World Health Organisation was fun. It gave me opportunity to meet and interact with different kinds of people. It is also fun working for humanity.
As an independent Monitor with WHO I was responsible for checking immunization status of children in house holds, investigating reasons for missing children in house holds.
Be a volunteer, it sharpens my understanding based on my field of study as an health and safety educator. I get to meet alot of people who are predisposed to illness and rendering humanitarian and health assistance to them.
Pros
Free lunch and transport fair
Cons
Short breaks
Its a selfless environment, it is meant as more of a volunteer work than than actually a job, ensuring that the kids around get all the good health they deserve or they ought to get.
Pros
incentives, disinfectants, pens etc
Cons
shortbreaks
A typical day at work is hectic, there are briefings every morning after which everyone sets about completing their task for the day, i learnt a lot about community linkage and mobilization, monitoring and evaluation as well as timeliness and completeness of project report updates. There are strict workplace rules, albeit in a friendly and comfortable working environment. Sometimes, it might seem a little bit hard to meet up with the timelines, but the job is so enjoyable in that there is a lot of contact with the community.