World Health Organization logo
World Health Organization

World Health Organization Employee Reviews

Work-Life Balance

Highly productive organization

An organization that is focusedful and always mindful of capacity buildingAn organization that has highly respected expertsAn organization that cares for individual and family health, working towards communities herd immunity

productive work place

Provide quality training, competitive work enviorment, and make the employee competent and update. There is no work-frame. However, sometimes the employer is not able to implement the desired rules of WHO due to the local authority pressure.

Pros

competitive selary

Cons

job security

One of the best places to work at, considering the salary rates, benefits (maternity, sick & annual leaves) and most importantly the health benefits

Good organization salary-wise and benefits-wise, health insurance coverage is very good, dental, hospitalization, eye check-up, consultation expenses for which are reimbursable (80%), children below 18 y/o receive monthly allowances.

Pros

high salary rates and very good benefits

Cons

Chances for promotion is slim for admin staff, politics (sometimes) play a role in selecting staff for higher posts

Its productive and good atmosphere workingplace

At the first day of my work its really stressful and i was trying to catch up to speed, but overall it was Productive, competitive, excellent and great working culture.

Pros

Great meal

Cons

healthcare and wellness.

Productive and an addition to experience

One year and some months of Working there gave me the feel of filed work. It stressful but was worth it as it relate to my passion and soft spot for children. The program was meant for helping children to be immuned from the polio virus. I can say it, to some extent met it goals.

I was a polio Team worker with who

It was a good job, they provide us security and life safety because there in FATA polio is not consid good the think that it's a pree plan of others counties to down us, we as a Team worker give advice to people that these vaccines are good for children and protect the children from polio

Pros

The only gave to us security

Cons

Nil

Productive and fun workplace

Working as an Independent Monitor at World Health Organisation was fun. It gave me opportunity to meet and interact with different kinds of people. It is also fun working for humanity.

Overall great

Due to the work environment where people get together from all over the world, it was easy to speak out my opinions in a straightforward way even though there are lots of politics behind the scenes.

Pros

work life balance!

Cons

no benefit

Unique place to make an impact on the world.

The most unique and impactful place I've ever worked in. Its a place to see real results in improving people's health, and keeping them safe in emergencies. Surrounded by the top experts in their field. Always something to earn, challenges to overcome. Opportunities to become a leader in your field. Learn and grow. And contribute.

Pros

amazing colleagues, great learning and growth opportunities

Cons

some programmes require long working hours, travel to dangerous places.

Unrespectful treatment of staff, power wars and low technical development

The Organisation is full of unhealthy working climate, obviously lots depends on the unit, but in general the management is old fashioned,very hierarchical, applying micromanagement as a main tool, and with no respect for lower position tenders. The personal interest of a number of managers are put higher than the Organisation's needs. Very disappointing, knowing the history and initial purpose of the creation of WHO.

Pros

Salary, benefits, medicine knowledge (in the according departments)

Cons

Unhealthy emotional climate, disrespectful treatment, long years for career growth, low web culture and technical development

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at World Health Organization?

Awesome experience with WHO-Islamabad

I have excellent experience working with WHO Islamabad. The concerned staff was very supportive and helpful. You will learn how to be a team player and help each other.

Pros

Exposure

Cons

Difficult to meet deadlines.

Polio vaccine

Day nd night shift PTP working talking power Management very hard Security Not hard jon only 6 hour working shifts Night in enjoyable shift Very best and simple working team working

Pros

Cons

45 minute

Bureaucratic

Too Much Red Tape. Instructions are Top to Bottom. No voice for junior executives. Feels like typically working in Government Sector. No career advancement and outdated interview process.

Pros

30day Annual Leave

Cons

No Career Advancement or Growth

Business wok placle

I may like to work any day any time and im alway want to busy my self.pocus on this company is wobbly,and i really like to work at the company is intellect.

Pros

Lunch

Cons

Health

Nill

I am a hard worker and sincere to my duties. W.h.o didn't give Us such great opportunity to show punctuality. As the salary package is too low and not on to time.

Pros

Nill

Cons

Nill

Goodluck

Good atmosphere at World Health Organization is one of the best organization in the world who provides as many as job opportunities .I was nothing before joining world health organization today I am doing the duty of ttsp which was not effected since March 2020 just because of cov 19 . But I am still sat and with world health organization . I keep it up as long as possible.

Cons

Work environment was good. Lunch facility was available within the walking distance.

My main responsibilities were to train the mental health worker working in the Cox's Bazar district of Bangladesh as well as Ruhingya camp.I have followed mhGAP IG version 2.0 for training purposes.

amazing experience

it was a good experience and I have enjoyed the work with them, such good people and I found the team spirit present and all the conditions to be productive and creative.

Pros

free food

Cons

short hours

I think better if there is possible my interview

Training which is the best thing that I got from my working time Cooperation with friends during the working days Good place of work and fit in my life time Difficult time during field activities when during rain fall time

Pros

I wish I could be back to normal activities

Cons

Lack of communication in some areas, transport which affect my reports

WHO is an agency under UN therefore it is a humanitarian organisation, so working there is an opportunity to serve humanity

I worked with WHO on SPECIAL SERVICE AGREEMENT (SSA) and was relieved of my job due to polio virus eradication in Nigeria. Thete is no fund to maintain staff under polio eradication program. I really contributed to this historic achievement. WHO has achieved more in providing health for all around the globe and it need to be funded adequately in order to achieve more.

Pros

Salary is commiserate and is paid in time, Working environment is conducive with computers and cellphones to aid the work

Cons

No staff development programme in terms of training either locally or internationally

Conducive place to work

Actually,the kind of experience I derived from WHO is overemphasized, though it was stressful a-times it it groomed me to be self reliant and hardworking.

Pros

Free breakfast and lunch

Cons

Adequate welfare
  • World Health Organization