World Health Organization
World Health Organization Employee Review

excellent work place with needed facilities

July 10, 2019
a typical day at work is just like any professional environment. i learned to work under pressure and stay calm, I learned how to use ona. the management is friendly and hospitable. The hardest part of the job is the fact that some mothers due to cultural believes do not avail their children for immunization and one has to go through a lot to convince them. The most enjoyable part of the job is the fulfillment i get from the fact that a child is away from the dangers of polio
July 20, 2020
Same role
Surveyor (Former Employee) - Kano Nigeria
Actually,the kind of experience I derived from WHO is overemphasized, though it was stressful a-times it it groomed me to be self reliant and hardworking.
Pros
Free breakfast and lunch
Cons
Adequate welfare
March 31, 2019
Same role
POLIO CONTAINMENT SURVEYOR (Former Employee) - Owerri, Imo State Nigeria
A typical day at work is all about meeting people, asking questions, advising and listening to the complains and possibly the expected solutions to these complains. I learnt to persevere as most of the people you meet on the course of the work could be a bit hostile, unaccommodating not willing to attend to you. WHO management is of International Standard with excellent work place culture of organized administration. The hardest part of the work is visiting very remote areas where access could be very difficult while the enjoyable part of the job is the incentives that follow and the knowledge acquired.
February 10, 2021
Same location
DOPV (Directly Observed Polio Vaccination) Monitor (Former Employee) - Kaduna
One year and some months of Working there gave me the feel of filed work. It stressful but was worth it as it relate to my passion and soft spot for children. The program was meant for helping children to be immuned from the polio virus. I can say it, to some extent met it goals.
  1. excellent work place with needed facilities