World Health Organization

World Health Organization Employee Reviews

Nigeria28 reviews
Productive and Dedicated place and people to work with
Every day comes with its unique and different work and life challenges but above all I have learnt to take and tackle it one at a time. I have learnt patience and perseverance because I enjoy my work as a field officer/Epidemiologist. The most enjoyable part is I get to meet lots of people and I am always glad I am able to attend to their needs and proffer solutions to their questions and issues.
productive and good environment for career growth
A typical work day outside the office can be tasking, as visit is made to Health Facilities for supportive supervision. While on field you learn from the grassroots, decisions are made to suit the purpose at hand.the most tasking part of the job is when you need to visit rural settlement for supportive supervision.
My experience working for WHO
Due to my jurisdiction was on field. I worked collecting primary type of data directly from the source and collating it later after retiring from field the same day. The hardest part of the job, was some areas are far to reach due to their locations and also problem of getting transport to get me back to my destination. I trekked kilometers at times before getting bike to take me back to my destination. Workingwith W.H.O is an eyes opener for me. It makes me realize their is more to life than take, take and take. We have to give us also. With WHO helping the disadvantaged
group with vaccines to prevent polio for free.
Independent Monitor
As an independent Monitor with WHO I was responsible for checking immunization status of children in house holds, investigating reasons for missing children in house holds.
It is about my work in the world health organization
In the organization i used to work with my utmost effort to make sure that i handle the work accordingly, the work i did was routing immunization which we used to go round to vaccinate children from zero to one year old. And we used to work all the days except Sunday only.
High-paced work environment
A god place to acquire skills.
High-paced work environment.

Worked under pressure.

Many travel opportunities.

Could be called upon at anytime.

A lot of team work.
Job seeker
I was worked in immunazation program in many roles eg health worker, team supervisor and ward focal person, i like work with WHO becouse i haved getting many experience in health issues.thank
Good
My time with the WHO was a well spent one, where I learnt how to relate and handle critical cases with urgency and also a calm mind which would help me produce more effective and long lasting solution.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at World Health Organization?
Good work and commitment staff welfares and consideration
Reaching underserved community and hard to reach settlement is my priority community engagement and awerness working with World health organization is a proud which many people are looking to be with them one of the recognize organization rander health Care services technical support
World health organization it helps the people and makes it staff busy.
I solicited this great organization helps people in managing their health and support in treating several disease conditions like malaria,
cough, etc.
Great trainings, great experience and great exposure.
A typical day at work is exciting, i learnt field supervision of different groups of people of over seven groups daily, the management is good, workplace culture is good. The hardest part of the job is locating different groups of immunizers at whatever timid location they are for supervision, and the most enjoyable part of the job is meeting, discussing and sharing contacts with different people including foreigners.
It's a place with good working condition and there is knowledge update through trainings,orientations and reorientations.
A nice working place with vast experience and exposure. Working at different communities, sharing different experience. There is assement being conducted at regular intervals. To measure performance as a form of motivation. It's a contractual work, renewable at six months intervals.
Pros
Regular pay
Cons
Work is demanding
excellent work place with needed facilities
a typical day at work is just like any professional environment. i learned to work under pressure and stay calm, I learned how to use ona. the management is friendly and hospitable. The hardest part of the job is the fact that some mothers due to cultural believes do not avail their children for immunization and one has to go through a lot to convince them. The most enjoyable part of the job is the fulfillment i get from the fact that a child is away from the dangers of polio
Fun place to be
Has everything a work place had to offer. It was nice working with tbe team. Though it wasnt for a long time, but it was worth every sweat, because the healtb and safety of every individaul wiyhing the environment was paramount to us, so we had to make sure the task was carried put exceptionally.
Interactive and more knowledge acquired.
A typical day at work is all about meeting people, asking questions, advising and listening to the complains and possibly the expected solutions to these complains.
I learnt to persevere as most of the people you meet on the course of the work could be a bit hostile, unaccommodating not willing to attend to you.

WHO management is of International Standard with excellent work place culture of organized administration.

The hardest part of the work is visiting very remote areas where access could be very difficult while the enjoyable part of the job is the incentives that follow and the knowledge acquired.
To function optimally
PROFILE SUMMARY
I am a Physiotherapist with extensive experience in Public health developmental projects. With blended in-depth public health managerial skills, I provide strategic solutions in areas of Maternal and Child Health, Routine Immunization, Supplemental Immunization Activities, Disease Surveillance (Polio, Measles, yellow fever, Neonatal Tetanus, CSM, Lassa Fever and other epidemic prone diseases), Environmental health, Child protection, Education, Monitoring and Evaluation. With about Five (5) years’ experience, I have acquired skills in managing and mentoring teams and colleagues as well as providing effective and comprehensive support to my team, enabling the delivery of quality, accurate, precise and reliable results. I am currently coordinating high level polio eradication and disease preventive program and equally have an in-depth experience working in developmental projects. My experiences span across multi-cultural and religious settings in Nigeria, working with the United Nations Agency (WHO), an International Non-Governmental Organization and government institutions (PHCDB).
Helpful and fun
Working with World Health Organization as both in-process and end process supervisor is insightful, fun, and helpful.
The children and their parents are always excited about the program.
Pros
Free transport
Cons
training stippens
Worthwhile Programme
Be a volunteer, it sharpens my understanding based on my field of study as an health and safety educator. I get to meet alot of people who are predisposed to illness and rendering humanitarian and health assistance to them.
Pros
Free lunch and transport fair
Cons
Short breaks
independent monitor
A typical day at work-on a monday
i learnt on how to ask the five key questions on polio

The management is efficien

workplace culture-adequate

Enjoyable
Pros
Cons
breaks
Productive, Goal driven and educative
Its a selfless environment, it is meant as more of a volunteer work than than actually a job, ensuring that the kids around get all the good health they deserve or they ought to get.
Pros
incentives, disinfectants, pens etc
Cons
shortbreaks
A place with clients and staff with diverse cultural background
Part of my work routine included; undertaking general observations and other nursing related activities, recording information about Clients and ensuring effective communication with all staff members, and providing care and support as identified in care reviews. The management and workplace culture at the World Health Organisation was satisfactory. The hardest part of the job was trying to communicate with people who did not understand English. The most enjoyable part of the job was the thought of helping people to live a better life.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at World Health Organization. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2