World Food Programme

World Food Programme Employee Reviews

Nigeria8 reviews
WFP is an Agency of the United Nations and the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger globally. Every single day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. At WFP, we are driven and defined by our mission to fight world hunger, save lives, feed people’s dreams of a brighter future, reduce risk and help enable people, communities and countries meet their own food and nutrition needs. WFP goes anywhere it’s needed and does what it takes to get the job done.
Am yet to Secure a Job with WFP but Hoping so soon God Grace.an I will be Glad am working cos I need to work in a place where there is a lot of challenges.
My objective is to render services for humanity to reach out for children and disable people. I hope I will be given the opportunity to enhance my talent
I have been deployed on international assignment of United Nations to West Africa Nigeria with scale up team, this was United Nations corporate level emergency. I have worked in multicultural environment a staff from different countries and having high level of technical and professional skills. I was with the strategic assessment team to map out the entire supply chain functions of WFP Nigeria. World Food Programme was just started working in Nigeria, and very difficult to understand the complex and nature of work. I was responsible for effective coordination with Nigeria Government authorities and WFP emergency team in Regional bureau. The job was hard and complex due to sensitive culture, diverse workforce and insecure region. But I work not only for organization but for the sake of humanity.
1 exposed me to various projects programming
2 developed my problem solving skills

3 improved my ability to handle critical job challenges

4. Developed my multi task ability
The normal working days are monday to saturday
I leaned alot in wfp

The composition of management in wfp is standard

The workplace is nice nad colleaques are vary friendly
Pros
Lunchen is been provided to the office
Cons
The mgt. / Undss organised heatlh facilities where staff go for their check up.
It was a privilege for me to be part of the United Nation in the small world of WFP, which gives me more experience about the Humanitarian Work and Meeting different people from different part of the world.
The most definite and define characters of wfp is their charity by helping those who are really in need,I found it too convenient to opportunity among
Pros
Cons
Few minute break to ease yourself