Weatherford

Weatherford Employee Reviews

Nigeria12 reviews
The work atmosphere of Weatherford is friendly but serious at work. Social gathering is often cartered for. The company possesses stringent paperwork which may delay the execution or closure of technical tasks. Weatherford is more like a family as all levels of staff work together, creating a safe working environment to achieve success
This is a company that I would always like to work with. Weatherford creates environment for multi skill for interested employees. Health safety and environment is non negotiable both at the operational bases and at work sites.
Pros
Pension scheme is interesting
Cons
Mediocrity is not acceptable
I joined weatherford since 2005, and have worked from Mudlogging department to MLWD department. While with mudlogging have helped to train so many guys under me as aa trained Opito assessor. Have learned a lot with weatherford and undergone so many training while with mudlogging and MLWD. Weatherford management is excellent and serve as good back up to field staff.
Pros
free accomodation
Cons
sometimes no time off
Worked in a team where you are allow to contribute your quota and if your opinion is not in line, you will be corrected.
Transportation to location are well arrange prior to job offshore and on arrival
Pros
i enjoyed working with the employees, they were all fun to be around and work with. i miss those days. Good Benefits, Advancement and life balance. Work here if offered an opportunity,
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Non
Weatherford is a nice place to be, it helps to train you to a very high standards which the clients is expected with a good communication tool to work
Good working environment. Work/life balance with good management
Difficult for families due to frequent mobility

Good cultural and social diversity
Pros
Balanced Work/life
Cons
Poor training
Morning meetings to organize the days work.
Review order status of equipment. Visit customers. Answer e mails and calls as necessary.

I learnt how to manage a multinational work force.
Pros
Challenging enviroment
Cons
Dealing with local community and unions
Every days was different, dealing with Clients, personnel, equipment breakdowns,
Working overseas is challenging as there are over issues that is not in the normal scope of work in the UK.

Medical Evacuations, Base, Accommodation of Staff and Families security, coordinating with security advisers, ensuring that our escorts and vehicles are at the right place.

Route planning and evacuation procedures.

I have a lot of experience in dealing with planned and unplanned strikes some of which involved facilities closure due to Threats being made to staff.

The management have always been supportive, although we did disagree which is normal.

I have always had a good relationship with co-workers, the company had an open door policy which i encouraged.

the hardest part in work was dealing with negative attitudes, this is something I hate, being negative without giving input or ideas can ruin a company.

I found the whole job a joy from morning till night, loved the challenges, loved the people who i worked for and who worked for me.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Security issues
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Weatherford?
Tomar el turno de trabajo, recibir toda la información posible de las horas en la que no estube, realizar evaluación de lo que se hizo y queda por hacer, comunicar al resto de las personas lo que hay para hacer, discutir como se realiza lo que falta, y comunicar al cliente lo que se discutió y como seguirá el resto del días laboral.
He aprendido a ser pro activo, y en todos los años de trabajo en perforacón que tengo, lo importante es ser comunicativo, ser amigo del medio ambiente, solidario, y comunicador.

Tener un buen dialogo, y tratar que todos estemos comprometidos con el trabajo y responsabilidaddes correspondiente a cada uno.

Lograr un buen grupo de trabajo.

Todo lo que hago es lo que me gusta, no hay preferencia.
Pros
En esta profeción no veo algo negativo es muy bueno todo.
Cons
El descanso
typical day at work starts at 7.00am with routing calls/technical visits to clients. i learned to work independently, take decissions and take full responsibiulity for that decission. management was very supportive, but sets high revenue targets monthly. co-workers were very pleasant. hardest part of the job was doing business development, field visits legistlative compliance, deliveries, invoicing alone. i was hired to develop Weatherford Engineered Chemistry in Nigeria, and i did this alone from July 2008 when i was hired till 2012 when i hired a supporting engineer....because of this, i have not been on annual vacation till date. this is the hardest part of the job.

the most enjoyable part of the job is when having on spec crude (BS&W 0.05 - 0.5%) with demulsifier formulation i developed, and having depression of - 12 deg C with pour point depressant i formulated.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
What made Weatherford an attractive place to work is the people. Nice, warm, ready to teach you, and willing to make your learning process both productive and fun.
Pros
Access to information, knowlwedge, and fun