United Nations Development Programme

United Nations Development Programme Employee Reviews

Nigeria7 reviews

Corporate and multicultural atmosphere.

UNDP is the lead agency for the UN common system where International civil service for development is at its best. All processes have been well documented over the years, and you only have to follow the policies for effective operations in humanitarian work, international trade and development.

Pros

Organised setting

Cons

Highly bureacratuc

fun, productive and expository

Determine the reasons for the persistently low tax to GDP ratio and variables influencing non- oil revenue performance in the State. My analytical capacity and Resourcefulness were brought to fore Extremely good workplace culture Interacting with the respective stakeholders The welfare packages and work exposure

Pros

interesting work place

Excellent

The organisation takes the welfare of teh employees very serious and have good pay commensurate with the work. I enjoyed the very good work life balance approach.

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

Contract jobs

Productive work environment

The UNDP helped me gain confidence in note taking and report writing for my final few years of university. The team made sure that I was up to date with all tasks and where very helpful when I was unsure of what to do. However, the work environment can be dull and cold.

An ideal, high-performance enabling work environment.

A pleasant workplace to be associated with. Lessons are regularly learned in strategic project execution and teamwork management. Perhaps, the hardest part of the job involves organizational expectation of strict compliance with job specifications and performance expectations.- which should be normal and achievable for an experienced professional consultant. Most enjoyable part of the job is the organizational appreciation of qualitative professional service delivery.

Pros

Positive overall job experience and feelings by the professional service provider.

Cons

To a hardworking and experienced service provider, even the occasional limitation of service delivery timing should not be a problem.

Challenging and productive environment of work.

Typical day at work is exciting. Lessons learned included teaming and teamwork principles and values. Management style is consultative and bottom-up. Hardest part of the job was having to reconstruct and standardize poorly-crafted job outputs of other colleagues in the work teams. The most enjoyable part of the job was the appreciation of my technical expertise and human competencies.

Pros

Congenial working environment. Opportunity for independent thought and organizational learning.

Cons

The limitation of working time allocated to projects..

First Job but under National Programme

Very Interesting, starting a Career with United Nation, Involves Monitoring Program, Learn a lot about Documentation, Microsoft Office Packages, Designs

Pros

salary was very good for a young graduate like me then

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Nations Development Programme. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits