United Nations Development Programme

United Nations Development Programme Employee Reviews

Nigeria7 reviews
UNDP is the lead agency for the UN common system where International civil service for development is at its best. All processes have been well documented over the years, and you only have to follow the policies for effective operations in humanitarian work, international trade and development.
Pros
Organised setting
Cons
Highly bureacratuc
Determine the reasons for the persistently low tax to GDP ratio and variables influencing non- oil revenue performance in the State.

My analytical capacity and

Resourcefulness were brought to fore

Extremely good workplace culture

Interacting with the respective stakeholders

The welfare packages and work exposure
Pros
interesting work place
The organisation takes the welfare of teh employees very serious and have good pay commensurate with the work. I enjoyed the very good work life balance approach.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Contract jobs
The UNDP helped me gain confidence in note taking and report writing for my final few years of university. The team made sure that I was up to date with all tasks and where very helpful when I was unsure of what to do.

However, the work environment can be dull and cold.
A pleasant workplace to be associated with. Lessons are regularly learned in strategic project execution and teamwork management. Perhaps, the hardest part of the job involves organizational expectation of strict compliance with job specifications and performance expectations.- which should be normal and achievable for an experienced professional consultant. Most enjoyable part of the job is the organizational appreciation of qualitative professional service delivery.
Pros
Positive overall job experience and feelings by the professional service provider.
Cons
To a hardworking and experienced service provider, even the occasional limitation of service delivery timing should not be a problem.
Typical day at work is exciting. Lessons learned included teaming and teamwork principles and values. Management style is consultative and bottom-up. Hardest part of the job was having to reconstruct and standardize poorly-crafted job outputs of other colleagues in the work teams. The most enjoyable part of the job was the appreciation of my technical expertise and human competencies.
Pros
Congenial working environment. Opportunity for independent thought and organizational learning.
Cons
The limitation of working time allocated to projects..
Very Interesting, starting a Career with United Nation, Involves Monitoring Program, Learn a lot about Documentation, Microsoft Office Packages, Designs
Pros
salary was very good for a young graduate like me then