UNITED BANK FOR AFRICA

UNITED BANK FOR AFRICA Employee Reviews

Nigeria99 reviews
Could have been better with equal pay for equal work done. I had a great boss who was willing to help and also encouraged development. Overall, i learnt a lot and met different people.
Customer services Bank with consciousness of leadership position in the banking industry. The chairman of the Ann is an entrepreneur and inspiring to every young mind in Nigeria and Africa at large. UBA is one of the Nigeria strategic financial institution.
Pros
Training on Leadership and capacity to do whatever you believe
Cons
No job security
A typical day at work is competitive. One is expected to hit monthly targets and report to his or her supervisor daily. In five months i hit monthly target and increased sales for the bank.
Pros
Competitive
Cons
Stressful
A typical day at work is very stressful, but I learned many new things, management very ok, work place superb, going under the sun for customer, the compensation.
Their policies are rigid and not flexible , especially towards customers. Customer service officers are rude towards customers. Credit management department create rigid policies and when changes are made, they do not advise relationship officers
Fairly good place to work, zero work life balance, stressful and toxic business environment to work, also zero chance for growth and utilization of individual intelligence.
I support end user, engage with them to solve their day to day service issues, repair and replacement of faulty parts of computer, do browser configuration for their core banking application,finacle. Operating system installation and other application installations. LAN operations and switch / router configurations on Network.
As an IT peraonnel, your job is more secured.

The pay for their GT's was the con but has now changed.

Great collaborations and Nice place to work

Best manager ever is the Head of IT care
Pros
No bank parties than UBA
Cons
Too much eye service
Stressful work , too much work load, human resource is not adequately catered for , no job security. You learn a lot of new stuff , adequately challenged to think.
Pros
Staff is adequately challenged to think.
Cons
No promotion for staff
I worked with United Bank for Africa for Good twelve years with good records of honesty and integrity.
During this period I worked in verious department of the bank and even relief my supervisor whenever they are going on leave because they have confident in my ability to handle that role before they come.
As a relationship officer, I basically help in developing thriving business relationship with clients. I provide them with company's best practices on the go and keep them up to date with new technological innovations.
United Bank For Africa is a very great place to start financial sector work experience,employees are open to a wide and borderless range of training and exposure,which also depends on the willingnes to learn.
A good place to start your career if you want to learn banking. There are too many entry levels which makes it difficult for lower cadre staff to rise.
Working with United Bank for Africa is very memorable. However, I which the management will always listen to the voice of the Juniors staff the foot army of the organization. Also to review their contract from time to time and engaged them in training. Not meetings where only AOM will talk and talk with out any contribution. talkfhoursforhourswitcontribution from
Working with UBA is an opportunity I will live to appreciate because of it impart on me, especially giving priority to those that patronize me. It effort in meeting with customers needs by creating an enabling environment(platform) for them is something highly commendable and worthy to emulate because aside satisfying customers needs one also set a beautiful pace in the race for excellence.
Their staff welfare package is poor. The motivation rate especially those in operations department relatively low. If staff are well motivated, productivity rate will go up.
Pros
Good to work here
Cons
Usually stressed
A nice place to start a career as a developer, as you would be exposed to Software development on steroids and applications in the financial technology
The bank is a good place to start a career and horn your craft but certainly not a good place to grow a career.
the bank invest well oin infrastructure but needs to improve in the following areas:

staff welfare/compensation

risk taking in business
Pros
good place to learn
Cons
poor staff welfare/compensation
Great colleagues, nice working environment, there's opportunity to advance career wise and intellectually. Management listens to the staff requests and resolves issues
i love my job here as a customer service officer. it helps me multitask and i also challenge myself to do more each day. its awesome working here and I have also met a lot of amazing people
UBA is an international organization and a nice place to work. I have been working with them for over 11 years, I have been exposed to various international countries.