Union Bank of Nigeria

Union Bank of Nigeria Employee Reviews

Nigeria160 reviews

Productive and fun work place

It's a new world especially someone coming into the banking industry as a newbie, you get to learn different things all at the same time. It's also a fast paced environment you have to be on your toes and ready to learn

The working environment was very condusiveb

It was worthwhile working with the bank I left on retirement with my gratuity fully paid I have been receiving pension todate during my time there was oppunity for training both internal and external for professional training employees are subsidised in terms of refund of tuision and exam fees and you will be scheduled for promotion it might come early it might come early

We are trained to be productive and as well as make the environment a fun place for staff's.

Working in a good environment with understanding staffs and management gives me the confidence to perform my duties diligently. We always go for training inorder to be up to date in the banking sector.

Pros

They give us lunchion voucher for for monthly

Cons

Long hours.

Great

Vesnffkdk bank I've ever been to I love it so much there are so many dogs and I love to come to work here every day I love it so much xd member tpp to

Productive and fun workplace

Union Bank is a place to be especially for full staffs. Productivity is top notch with recent rebranding and I.T infrastructures. Salary and work benefits is encouraging for both contract and full staff.I think they still need to work more on next generation fintech infrastructure and move with the tide.

Fun, lots of training and exposure

A good place to have a career start that'll benefit you as you grow in the profession. The organization is still building and career growth is not very clear. All the same, it's a good place to start or rejig your career life.

Pros

Training, performance bonuses, HMO services, group life insurance

Cons

Slow rate of promotion, frequent changes in kpi metrics and make-up and slow change management process

Decent but can be better

They tend to loose lot of capable hands in the middle and lower management level due to lack of proper reward system For a company with lots of potential to become one of the best they have consistently failed to create a balanced reward system and working environment which can breed loyalty from employees. I think they have one of the best hands industry wise but often time fail to promote, recognize or even train their junior staff hence they don’t feel a sense of belonging in the company.

Nice place to work

The customers are very loyal as well as the staff .The management are doing their best to ensure that staff has the required tools to work with.There is a little bit of toxity especially if you are not meeting your target.There is alot of conversion from contract staff to permanent staff.Work life balance is very difficult especially for a sales person.They try a lot to ensure that customers funds are protected.They are very conservative.The management pushes the target to the junior staff to meet and always threatens to sack them if they do not meet the target.There is carrer path for staff.There is also high staff turnover which is understandable because its a target driven organization.Most promotions are not based on merit.They try as much as possible to ensure that you have your tools to work with.They also appreciate their customers.They are still work in progress.

Union Bank of Nigeria plc is a good financial organization

I am glad that I was privileged to be given the opportunity to work at Union Bank.I started as a clerical Officer and rose to the Post of Operations manager.Union Bank is an organization that build people that are very serious with their job,most especially if the person has integrity,Honesty is their watch word

Pros

Reward for excellent performance

Cons

No closing time

Stressful work experience as a DSA and poor renumeration.

The so called health care services was not rendered when I visited the clinic. I still paid out of pocket. No staff welfare. Poor renumeration. Stressful job.

Easy work environment.

Union bank was good at the time that I worked there. There is mutual respect for everyone irrespective of level of position. My best place of employment so far in my 14years of banking.

Pros

Regular pay

Full of opportunities

It can be a stepping stone but shouldn't be your retirement plan.Don't be too friendly, no one got your back. Do the work and goYes, you will do the work of 10personsDon't expect your supervisor to be just when filling your appraisal.

Pros

There are but I can't remember right now

Cons

No work-life balance Supervisors are not encouraging Favouritism Politics

The working environment is neat and clean. I like the office facilities, such as chairs, tables, air conditioning etc.

Their organizational culture is good. They provides staff with some lovely benefits, such as medical insurance, telephone allowance, bonuses etc. The hygienic environment is good.

Conducive working environment There is teamwork and goals are set and achieved.Salary is paid on time. There is structure and target must be met.Highly recommended.

No fun

Unionbank has no empathy for her staff. Staff arr exploited, very little salary, no welfare structure for staff. Too many KPIs.Staff are not appreciated, they do not per take in profit sharing of the bank. The staff are mot protected or given a second chance if there is any bridge in policy. The bank is just wicked to it support staff because their salary is being extorted by outsource companies.

Pros

Never

Cons

Productive place to work with lots of target to meet

It's a nice and fun place to work with lots of great talents. Thier work culture is great. The environment is top nutch with improved technology. I miss my boss back there and my colleagues.

Pros

Target bonus

Cons

High targets to meet

Promotion base on who knows you and eye service

Working in union bank can be enjoy when you have God father or mother. The salary is competitive however joining an organization with same salary over a period of ten years can be disturbing.

Pros

Timely payment

Cons

no career growth and poor promotion system

Productive and fun place to work.

Union Bank is a good place to work as the following are obtainable:Job Work/Life Balance, Compensation/Benefits, Job Security/Advancement, Management has the welfare of staff at heart and the job culture is exceptional.

Very productive and reliable

My work at union bank thought me a lot of lessons because the bank was not the way people talked about it. It is a nice and reliable bank one can ever have. We do receive our salary before any other bank could pay their workers.In fact, Union bank is where people obtain loan at all times. My work experience there was awesome. Thanks

Pros

Nothing like free lunch

Cons

There is provision for healthcare

Sentiment at decision making

My experience was a little bit absolute,it was in the 20 the where management are like a government agencies,is who you know.they were absolutely poor in decision making

Pros

Yes there are lunch

Cons

Tea

Well, union bank is a good place to work to an extend but the manners the top staff uses the outsourced staff is bad.

Working in Union bank might be a good experience to others but as far as I am concerned it is not. I can't forget how I was intimidated by CMO in retail marketing to meet his own target, denied me leave that is my entitlement and forced me to resigned In Jos main branch beach road plateau state. I don't like Union bank any longer unless as a full staff as the contract staffs are marginalised. Thanks

Pros

Clean environment

Cons

Poor salary and negative approach to outsourced staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Union Bank of Nigeria. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits
  • Union Bank of Nigeria
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?