UNICEF Employee Reviews

productive and very fun work place
LGA WASH Facilitator (Current Employee) –  BauchiMarch 14, 2019
the post is based in a Local Government area, and it involves field work and in some instances i worked in the office. However, the office is not provided as i am supposed to work with LGA officials which they too could not be equipped with office furniture. its sometimes boring to operate from the office.
The overall review is excellent
Team leader (Former Employee) –  Jos and EnuguJanuary 29, 2019
The project was a consultancy services, workday was hectic considering workload and the absorption capacities of the various faculties.

learnt to work with people at their pace and more importantly to respect individual's space and time

management was good, workplace excellent.

Hardest part of the work was to keep up with the diverse age groups capacity to be at alert and to cope with daily training after their rigorous exercises of the previous sessions

The most enjoyable part is that the products were delivered such that each team/state reps can own the delivered products
A very good place to work in, with creativities and lots more
Facilitation on girls child education (Current Employee) –  NigeriaDecember 24, 2018
It is a very good place to work on, as they are trying their possible best in terms of extending knowledge to rural areas and they are also trying their possible best to make sure their workers are paid in time.
Pros
Free Breakfast, dinner and takeaway
Cons
Short break
it is strict timeline organisation
Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  NigeriaNovember 25, 2018
Meeting of timeline is the in-thing in UNICEF to ensure that your programming capabilities meet the need of women and children.incentives are boosters
Pros
Your are technical built to deliver international best practices
Cons
poor work life balance
\very Good
Consultant (Former Employee) –  LagosOctober 11, 2018
A great organization contributing positively to the low income countries.
I had an opportunity to also contribute to the community in the area of research through them
more funding and expertise will help the organization to contribute more
Pros
Great organization
Cons
may require more donors
productory
nutritional health worker (Former Employee) –  ngala borno stateJune 7, 2018
It is good to work with unicef because unicef are very important organisation used to take care of peoples that are vulnarables on there hard live on earth.
Pros
free lunches, free accomodation
Cons
short break
I am an energetic young woman with the spirit of hard work, dedication to commitment, and responsibilities apt to learn and takes correction
Adolescent Facilitator (Current Employee) –  UNICEF MongunoJanuary 25, 2018
I am an energetic young woman with the spirit of hard work, dedication and commitment to responsibilities,I have a broad base skills and knowledge in capacity building and developmental goals, Child protection, to respond timely to Humanitarian needs.
Productive great place to work.
Nutritionist (Former Employee) –  NigeriaSeptember 21, 2017
Excellent organisational structure well define responsibility. As a national youth corper deployed its was my fun job we had good orientation my coordinator define our job clearly so there wss no problem what so ever. We usually meet and discuss what we need for presentation in the community we plan to visit.Before then prior assessment of the basic need of the people are done by supervisor .when we arrived we usually invite all villagers to village head compound to perform our task.
Pros
Free snacks lunch buy from canteen.
Cons
Working in the rural area
Great great great
Peer Educator's Trainer (Former Employee) –  NIGERIAJuly 24, 2017
The work unicef does is great,educating young teenagers and guiding them to a great future
punctuality and efficiency
team leader (Former Employee) –  nigeriaJuly 14, 2017
A very good organisation which is all over the world,it helps and assist the children.it plays a vital role as a result of achieving its aims and objective,as been humanitarian organisation so as to move every thing in accordance to international standard.
Pros
free launches
Cons
health assistance
productive and fun loving workplace
CMAM Provider (Volunteer Apprentice) (Former Employee) –  MaiuguriJune 21, 2017
environment friendly
honesty and equality
a well known organization
up to date in world happenings
prompts in actions/response to humanitarian services
Productive and ready to work
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kebbi state,NigeriaApril 21, 2017
Its fun to work with them,as a team leader/supervisor of the team it makes me prove my ability to be responsible and productive...its flexible, they are considerate and am able to give accurate data at the right time......
challenging and daring
RECORDS ASISTANT (Current Employee) –  MinnaMarch 12, 2017
There was this time at work where my team and I had to go to a hard to reach settlements but the road paths was flooded we had to cross some dangerous flooded path with no life jackets, I learnt that been a humanitarian sometime involves risking your life. The hardest path of the job is finding network to send data in hard to reach areas.
Pros
free housing
Cons
health care will be nice
Very Good Organization
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Abuja, NigeriaFebruary 10, 2016
it was a life changing moment volunteering for UNICEF because it gave me the opportunity to touch some lives and impact knowledge
Productive and full of leisure
Translator /interpreter French-English (Current Employee) –  nigeriaOctober 6, 2015
I had work for unicef as an online Translator ,most of the jobs were flexible .I can choose my personal timing at work which made the work easier for me
UNICEF, truly a humanitarian organisation
Programme Assosiate (Current Employee) –  Nigeria July 9, 2013
For me, a typical day at work in UNICEF includes reviewing funding proposals and processing same; following up with implementing partners on grants yet to be retired; following up on recommendations from field visit as well as reports writing.

I have always learned to develop the capacities of partners with a view to get the desired results from our partnerships with them.

Working with people requires enormous patience and understanding. I apply wisdom and tact in managing relationships and partnerships.

Co-workers at UNICEF are well trained, courteous and competent. I leverage the aforementioned in our quest to attain a common goal.

The hardest part of the job has been getting the government and beneficiaries to embrace and "own" the programme as against seeing it as a "UNICEF" programme.

The most enjoyable part of the job has been the enormity of capacity development, remuneration and health insurance coverage.
Pros
Labour is dignified
Cons
Limited training opportunities
Productive and Educative
Children and Elderly Support (Former Employee) –  LagosMay 28, 2013
It is an excellent place to work as the relationship among staff and children with special needy is very cordial
Pros
Life work balance
Fun place to see & help people
Facilitator assistant (Former Employee) –  LagosJanuary 29, 2013
An environment on the field were you see people living with AIDS/HIV. I assisted a facilitator on the job and it proved helpful, i was able to gain more knowledge on personal health care, work ethics especially when helping people and how to work with people.
Pros
great community
Cons
late nights
Interesting and a bit flustering, emotional and highly rewarding
PEER EDUCATOR (Former Employee) –  TABBA, PORT HARCOURT, RIVERS STATENovember 28, 2012
A typical day involves educating parents and teachers on basic health issues , counselling and follow ups.