UNICEF

UNICEF Employee Reviews

Nigeria39 reviews
My time at Kogi Water, Environment and Sanitation (UNICEF PROJECT) was awesome though I spent just a year there because it was during my NYSC. I learned how to log and interpret geological formation there.
The work of a vcm is to mobilize community members by going to house to house for sensitization which will help to create awareness of the dangers of poliomyelitis
A typical work day begins with a myriad of emails, some having work assignments, others follow ups and updates as well as inquiries from suppliers.
It is very challenging working here with great capacity building opportunities but little career progression opportunities within a country office unless you seek for international placements.
The salary is encouraging..according to global standard. Work here gives you an edge over contemporaries...and you get to develop your mental skills, as well as contribute to a larger part of the society.
The environment was friendly, and my workers were active and lovable.

My Focal supervisor was as well hard working and fun to work with, the health center we stayed all through the program was lovely.
Total commitment to improving the lot of the less privileged in the society through dedication, commitment and a very high sense of responsibility. Security is seen as top priority.
The environment was friendly, and my workers were active and lovable.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
We worked with UNICEF as a implementing partner nutrition in emergency program at 7 LGAs of southern Borneo. I started working as a nutrition supervisor monitoring house to house screening, organized mother to support group, infant and young child feeding program, food demonstration activities, hygiene promotion and lots more on nutrition.
It provided an opportunity to work effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision and coaching.
Developed cordial relationship with both old and new clients and customers there by increasing sales and meeting with monthly and annual financial target of the company.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Demanding
Potential improvements for greater engagement with stakeholders and through better needs assessments. It also noted that there's been a success in it's upstream work in support of policy and strategy development.
Pros
Support children for better education
Cons
Health care
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at UNICEF?
Working with field facilitators can be a bit tricky because most of them might have a conning way of delivering their job. they value the money more than their beneficiaries.
Pros
lunch
Cons
health
It is a pleasure to say when u find yourself teaching in primary school, because of the age of the pupils that you are going to teached and are difficult to control.
Pros
Breakfast
Cons
Short break
the post is based in a Local Government area, and it involves field work and in some instances i worked in the office. However, the office is not provided as i am supposed to work with LGA officials which they too could not be equipped with office furniture. its sometimes boring to operate from the office.
The project was a consultancy services, workday was hectic considering workload and the absorption capacities of the various faculties.

learnt to work with people at their pace and more importantly to respect individual's space and time

management was good, workplace excellent.

Hardest part of the work was to keep up with the diverse age groups capacity to be at alert and to cope with daily training after their rigorous exercises of the previous sessions

The most enjoyable part is that the products were delivered such that each team/state reps can own the delivered products
It is a very good place to work on, as they are trying their possible best in terms of extending knowledge to rural areas and they are also trying their possible best to make sure their workers are paid in time.
Pros
Free Breakfast, dinner and takeaway
Cons
Short break
Meeting of timeline is the in-thing in UNICEF to ensure that your programming capabilities meet the need of women and children.incentives are boosters
Pros
Your are technical built to deliver international best practices
Cons
poor work life balance
A great organization contributing positively to the low income countries.
I had an opportunity to also contribute to the community in the area of research through them

more funding and expertise will help the organization to contribute more
Pros
Great organization
Cons
may require more donors
good experience and a good way to help the community. i learnt a lot about the prevention of HIV and how to manage the illness. i met a lot of people who impacted positively in my life
Pros
experience
Cons
stressful
Being a supervisor in charge of monitoring the distribution of vaccines in different Local government areas required constant driving so as to cover all scheduled wards. It was a good learning experience for me because I met different tribe leaders and they showed me better ways to make health care accessible to the community.
Pros
Exposure to different wards, local government and cultures
Cons
So much distance to cover
It is good to work with unicef because unicef are very important organisation used to take care of peoples that are vulnarables on there hard live on earth.
Pros
free lunches, free accomodation
Cons
short break
Third party monitoring team is an interesting experience, to over seeing and verify the certification exercise carried out already, to asserting the genuineness of the initial result.

Inspecting house to houses across different state, seeing diverse of traditions and cultures, meeting different people with different mind set an understanding is a great opportunity for me, also is rare previllage given to me by UNICEF.

is fun working with UNICEF.