Sterling Bank Plc

Sterling Bank Plc Employee Reviews

Nigeria102 reviews
It's a place where champions are breeder and I didn't regret working there.
I learnt how to work with a team, how to lead a team and how to carry team members along.
Though I didn't work with Sterling bank for long because it was based on contract, but with the little days I spent there, I guess is good company on it owns
It have a good working environment. I learnt how to make different types of bank transactions and the processing which is really helping me. My challenge was the new management that came with his own policy which affected most of the staff.
The period I worked in Sterling is interesting with Excellent culture in the Sterling environment. I never regretted ework with Sterling. The Management staff always carry everyone along in decision making.
Pros
There's work life balance
Cons
Reduce hours of work
Sterling is face paced with a great culture that encourages innovation.

The environment encourages growth and expanding of learning

The bureaucracy and politics can be sickening depending on your team
Sterling is a great place to work. You will be surrounded by young professionals who will inspire you. The sterling brand is one that is daring, always looking to put its best foot forward which inturen demands alot from its staff but this is not with bias as the company also gives back in good measure to its employees.
Sterling is one exceptional bank with a difference. The is among the few institutions taking the lead to ensure employees are not only fulfilled but are moved to give their best towards moving the bank to a greater height.
A great place to work and sterling bank really cares. We all work happily because we devote ourselves to make the bank great. we take it as our second home.
It generally changed my perception in marketing and helped me attain to my professional goals, I got a lot of professional trainings and experiences from my senior colleagues and from the bank training sections.
Multi tasks taker, customer friendly, persuasive communication skills. Good team player, compiled and filed documents properly. Resolved customers issues with regards to their banking requirements.
I learned to be a team player and also learned autonomy. In Sterling Bank, you have to be proactive and make decision with little supervision. It is a great place to work.
Dress code is flexible, staff are addressed on a first name basis, innovation and hardwork is encouraged, indiscipline is dealt with, the workforce is largely young and vibrant, the management is young, vibrant and very knowledgeable, the work schedule is flexible. It is great place to work
It is a great place to work. The need to be ingenious is required to move up the ladder. Younger folks have a better chance at rising while new intakes will take over in a short while.
It a great place to work especially for those not in Banking Operations department (where senior staff may be sacked due to the perceived cost on the bank's profitability)
Agility, excellence service delivery, passionate, impactful, ethical, etc .
Great Place to Work.

Excellent place to learn and develop.

Best part is that I developed my passion for service delivery, ability to make my team members passionate about their contribution to the system. I enjoyed compliant resolutions. The joy of having customers (internal and external satisfied).

Will love to see better future for the operations team. Some of these staff are quite passionate about service delivery and will love to contribute for a longer period of time.
Sterling management cares about members of staff. However work life balance isnt exactly the best. Salary is pretty competitive with industry rate. Overall not so bad place to work.
Sterling Bank is a major player in the Nigerian financial sector. Work hours is 8am to 5pm on Monday to Friiday and staff are allowed flexible work times as well. Staff can resume 7am, 8am,9am or 10am and would close when they have put in their daily 9hours meaning if you resume 10am you leave at 7pm. My usual day starts with checking my branch reports, holding a brief meeting with my team and going out for scheduled appointments. Some appointments also hold within the branch. We have regional meetings about once weekly and monthly management meetings. The bank management team is sound and the bank has had good financial reports in the last few years. The best part of the job is when we close good deals and make profit as a branch while the hardest part of my job is handling irate customers which is often due to high level of bank frauds in my country.
Sterling offers an opportunity to disrupt the status quo with positive changes that offer progression in the finance industry. A great place to work with a focus on flexibility and work life balance.
I would recommend Sterling Bank to anyone who wants to work in a place where employees are taken seriously. Workers are well taken care of and they in turn, give their best. It is a 'win win' situation.
Pros
Great employee packages, friendly work environment.
Cons
Very demanding.
The work was really demanding but self building . It was fun for me because it's part of my hobbies, even sometimes when there seemed to be a work pressure, the team work made it better.
I'm happy that I worked among this great people's in sterling bank plc sterling bank plc is a great company I'm using this opportunity to say thanks to sterling bank south west