Sterling Bank Plc

Sterling Bank Plc Employee Reviews

Nigeria96 reviews
Sterling is one exceptional bank with a difference. The is among the few institutions taking the lead to ensure employees are not only fulfilled but are moved to give their best towards moving the bank to a greater height.
Excellent Place
A great place to work and sterling bank really cares. We all work happily because we devote ourselves to make the bank great. we take it as our second home.
It was an honor
It generally changed my perception in marketing and helped me attain to my professional goals, I got a lot of professional trainings and experiences from my senior colleagues and from the bank training sections.
Handled customers inquiry
Multi tasks taker, customer friendly, persuasive communication skills. Good team player, compiled and filed documents properly. Resolved customers issues with regards to their banking requirements.
Great Place to work
I learned to be a team player and also learned autonomy. In Sterling Bank, you have to be proactive and make decision with little supervision. It is a great place to work.
A great place to work
Dress code is flexible, staff are addressed on a first name basis, innovation and hardwork is encouraged, indiscipline is dealt with, the workforce is largely young and vibrant, the management is young, vibrant and very knowledgeable, the work schedule is flexible. It is great place to work
Relaxed work environment
It is a great place to work. The need to be ingenious is required to move up the ladder. Younger folks have a better chance at rising while new intakes will take over in a short while.
Work may be hectic sometimes and demanding.
It a great place to work especially for those not in Banking Operations department (where senior staff may be sacked due to the perceived cost on the bank's profitability)
Great place to work. Excellent place for learning and development.
Agility, excellence service delivery, passionate, impactful, ethical, etc .
Great Place to Work.

Excellent place to learn and develop.

Best part is that I developed my passion for service delivery, ability to make my team members passionate about their contribution to the system. I enjoyed compliant resolutions. The joy of having customers (internal and external satisfied).

Will love to see better future for the operations team. Some of these staff are quite passionate about service delivery and will love to contribute for a longer period of time.
Fun work place
Sterling management cares about members of staff. However work life balance isnt exactly the best. Salary is pretty competitive with industry rate. Overall not so bad place to work.
An agile workplace with work-life balance
Sterling Bank is a major player in the Nigerian financial sector. Work hours is 8am to 5pm on Monday to Friiday and staff are allowed flexible work times as well. Staff can resume 7am, 8am,9am or 10am and would close when they have put in their daily 9hours meaning if you resume 10am you leave at 7pm. My usual day starts with checking my branch reports, holding a brief meeting with my team and going out for scheduled appointments. Some appointments also hold within the branch. We have regional meetings about once weekly and monthly management meetings. The bank management team is sound and the bank has had good financial reports in the last few years. The best part of the job is when we close good deals and make profit as a branch while the hardest part of my job is handling irate customers which is often due to high level of bank frauds in my country.
A great place to work with a focus on flexibility and work life balance.
Sterling offers an opportunity to disrupt the status quo with positive changes that offer progression in the finance industry. A great place to work with a focus on flexibility and work life balance.
An excellent place to work.
I would recommend Sterling Bank to anyone who wants to work in a place where employees are taken seriously. Workers are well taken care of and they in turn, give their best. It is a 'win win' situation.
Pros
Great employee packages, friendly work environment.
Cons
Very demanding.
It was like working with family. I felt love working as a team.
The work was really demanding but self building . It was fun for me because it's part of my hobbies, even sometimes when there seemed to be a work pressure, the team work made it better.
It's good to work with sterling bank plc
I'm happy that I worked among this great people's in sterling bank plc sterling bank plc is a great company I'm using this opportunity to say thanks to sterling bank south west
Great Bank
Sterling is a great bank, the bank had really helped a lot of graduates. The training I had there is fantastic coupled with Aviation industry training
Policies are adhered to and staff work life balance is given top priority.
Meetings are normally held a the beginning of every working week to review the performance of the previous week and chart a course for the new one.

The culture is one that embraces differences staff have and encourages one to challenge the status quo.
A great place to work
People friendly environment which is constantly improving and investing in the growth of staff. One of the best places to work if you want to grow fast in experience.
Okay
Satisfactory working environment. A lot of abrupt changes taking place. Must be ready to adapt to change. Forward thinking leaders.
Some of the changes taken place do not take into consideration old and loyal employees that have served the bank for many years
Sterling bank is a great place to work. No wonder it has continued to win the "Best place to work" awards.

Sterling bank has allowed me to express myself and become more confident in what I do.
Productive, creative and fun place to work
Sterling Bank formed an integral part of my career progression and they ensured that their staff were trained to be the best and compete favorably in the international market.