Standard Chartered Bank

Standard Chartered Bank Employee Reviews

Nigeria52 reviews
Standard Chartered Bank operates a very high discipline culture which ultimately brings out the best in its employees. They offer a huge opportunity to grow by providing different learning avenues.
While it is a good place to work,there exist bad leadership and selfish individual of bossy type.I recomend the company but care has to be taken not to work with wolf in sheeps clothing
I have worked with Standard Chartered Bank for over 15 years and I would say it has been a wonderful experience for me. I was welcomed with the bank key values (courageous, international, responsive, trustworthy), this values help shapes the way I live my life. I had a good opportunity for growth and have moved from a trainee to a manager.
Family friendly
Loads of employee friendly policies, can do better to effectively implement them.

Have shown efforts of making company a better place to work.

Career advancement is well placed.
The Organization is a great place to work. Culture of good conduct is promoted amongst both staff and customers, ensuring operation with all level of honesty, transparency and integrity. The bank strives to build trust with its employees, clients, communities, regulators, investors etc.
Working with a global brand has helped to enhance my adaptability to various culture which is now a core strength to work with diverse people and race.

The job security and the work life balance is something of emulation for local competitors.
Pros
Gym room and work remotely
Working in Standard Chartered Bank was a beautiful experience for me. The belief in work/life balance, respecting people and their diverse culture (diversity and inclusion culture),being courageous and giving a voice to every employee are some life experiences I imbibed and which will always be a part of me.

They were lot of online and classroom trainings that helped my job function and interpersonal relationship with my colleagues, clients and my stakeholders.

I loved working with Standard Chartered Bank
Pros
Enabling work environment
Work life balance is top notch. I did every moment I spent as a staff of the organisation.

The Bank has flexible work hours and a great support for women.
Lots of training and personal development offered by the bank. A chance to meet great people that inspire you as well as become lifetime friends. Healthy competition encouraged, and performance is always rewarded and celebrated.
Pros
Good bonus structure for sales team
Cons
Distracting habit of changing staff location frequently
great work culture and well organised to meet future competition.
i have grown through the years and handled different roles.

the people i have worked with have been awesome in heloing me grow so much in experience.
Work-life balance is highly encouraged with many avenues for staff to experience same across the bank irrespective of location.
Work culture and ethics are of extremely high levels - with strong values and brands that are reinforced in your daily activities in the bank
Standard Chartered affords employee vast modules of compulsory e-learnings that cut across various topics in the financial management and excellence. excellent Global practice with common standards at all sales and operating units.
It helped develop my career and gave me great international experience. The job mobility within the structure is amazing.

I will recommend the bank to anyone who wants to start out his/her career within the financial sector.
The bank is well grounded in establishing businesses in emerging economies mostly based in Africa, Asia and Middle East.
The bank also has moderate business risk appetite and also aligns its process with the regulation of every country they establish business.

It’s a good place for an individual To work to learn ideal business processes and ethics.

The bank also believes in migration of day-to-day business functions to the digital platform which is the new worldwide drive.

They also equip their staff in all required training for smooth running of their operations in all their markets and while transitioning from one job function to another.
Pros
Good health insurance policy, enagage in community development and CSR activities
Cons
Work life balance, multiple job functions on a single staff, remuneration not in alignment with the market in general.
Not perfect but a lot of positives. They are a principled company offering advancement, opportunities and varied experiences across their numerous offices globally.

Great work life balance.
Pros
Great work life balance, fun and opportunities to move around
Cons
Pay isn't great
Standard Chartered Bank is truly International, Courageous, Trustworthy and Creative.
The bank tries as much as possible to inculcate its values of doing the right thing, better together and never settling among its staff.

The management structure is quite dynamic (can be good and bad).
Pros
Free Health Care
Cons
Weekend Trainings/Workshop
Working with standard chartered bank is very good, and there are many advantages when working there. It's a well discipline organization that doesn't give chance for corruption.
Pros
No lunch
Cons
Healthcare
good work life balance but bad reward system, management only wants someone who are good at shoe-shine skills
Pros
work life balance
Cons
shoe-shine culture
Very enjoyable, I had a lot of experience doing the job. Very motivational employees who wanted to see you do well and grow within the company. Had a very great time there!
They are so far the best company I have ever worked for!
Great pay, lots of perks work hard play hard !

Room for new opportunity, growth etc

Supportive knowledgeable management, honestly a real career
A typical day at work is quite engaging and learning process. I enjoyed the pleasure of meeting different clients, profiling these clients, having some need-based conversations, with a common goal of delivering the banks promises which by default result to a win win situation for the bank and for the client.
Pros
Diversity and inclusion, world class experience and great work life balance
Cons
Low salary especially for those who started their banking career with the organization, in most instances you get better reward if you leave and return or you join from another institution
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Standard Chartered Bank. Our community is ready to answer.
1.1K