Schlumberger
Coronavirus update
Information from Schlumberger:

Schlumberger Employee Reviews

Nigeria69 reviews
Always busy with setting up lab rest and running analysis of rig samples. Learned to be detail oriented and had a very supporting Manager and superior
One of the major attractions was the training culture which provided the basis for the organization success over the years. Emphasis was placed on this, both in training schools and on the jobs. The work environment was well conditioned for appropriate mix of multicultural backgrounds, and the experience of working well with others whose culture were different from mine was quite helpful. The management response to issues and commitment to promoting a healthy work environment helped to drive the best in the staff, and hence higher productivity.
Pros
Regular training schedules
Cons
High standard Service Quality and safety attitudes is a living culture in Schlumberger, Their training plan is the best amongst all service companies
Es una experiencia enriquecedora, ya que te abre la puertas a nuevos conocimiento en el área técnica industrial petrolera.
SChlumberger is a productive and fun work place with recreational activities such as table tennis, pool, scrabble, chess and gym facility. This encourage the employee to keep fit but mentally and physically.
In Schlumberger, they take Safety as a top priority, They help improve their workers through training and re training of their staffs. You learn new how to get it right at the first time of trial.
It used to be a good place to work, but not anymore.
The company has lost every niche that distinguish her from other service companies.

Management as an organ of the company does not understand/know what they're doing except the CEO, it's a shame!

Company wide the effect is bad, but in some regions, say Africa it's terrible!!
Schlumberger believes in doing it rite the first time every time anywhere you go, commitment good communication team work also good management to promote you as per when dues.
Highly educative.
Helped me in advancing my accounting Knowledge.

The management is a very good one and encouraging.

The work environment and culture was very decent.

I did not actually experience a had time because my superior and others were very helpful in the execution of jobs.

It was quite a very good and enjoying moment with them.

The environment also helped me in capacity development.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Break, Healthcare
Typical day at work is very busy from delivering normal work tasks to online trainings which always make one to be up and doing and thereby become more skilled day by day. the enjoyable part of the job is the ability to travel far or near while delivering the requirements of the job while the hardest part is being away from family for a while.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Schlumberger?
Worked hard and played hard the few times I had the opportunity. Got to a point where I had to work with too little resources and still under immense pressure to keep delivering outstanding results. It took a toll on my health and work life balance.

I learnt a lot though and took up responsibilities early in my career.
Pros
Strong in Ethics and compliance, Fast-track training
Cons
Long tedious hours
I was hired in this company and trained extensively to be a cementing specialist. I was also given great deal of exposures working in Cameroon, Angola, Gabon, Thailand and South Korea.
Schlumberger provides a very robust learning environment to its employees, it is a delight working on its cross functional and multi-cultural teams. The hardest part of the job for field engineers is lack of a fixed rotation schedule. You can spend months on the rig.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
No work-life balance
Anytime I look back to the days I spent in MiSwaco, it's always with nostalgia. I started my career in Drilling fluids with the company, so when I remembered the early days, I couldn't but be grateful to the company for giving me the opportunity to develop myself with them.
Pros
free Health care
Cons
Good days off
Carrying Oil and Gas field Cementing was a good experience of upstream sector of the industry. I was Field Supervisor II, leading crew of 4 to 6 team members for job execution at client facilities either offshore or onshore.
Pros
World class training
Cons
Work/ life balance is not healthy
Top standard in terms of character, professionalism, safety, team work and perfection. here i learned so much on safety and productivity at a very high level while being effective in the discharge of duties effectively. A very interactive and fun staff with the encouragement of team spirit and goal achievement orientation.
Pros
health care and benefits
Cons
perfection.
Culturally diverse workplace. Work life balance is fair and remuneration for local staff is not so good. Good for new entrants to industry who need a springboard
Used to be a great place to work
Hard work and perseverance

Below median salary for industry

Poor job security

Poor work life balance

Fast career progression in first 5years.

Inspiring place to work, lots of smart people, push to do develop

Employees develop high self confidence and technical knowledge
Every day work at Schlumberger is challenging. Personnel are well trained to tackle every challenge on the job. Started oil and gas experience with the company and was given opportunity to conquer the industry
Life in Schlumberger was beautiful. Colleagues that were like family. Work and play. Mutual respect for each other. Constant staff training to help ..
This a job-first company. The company is highly focused on performance of its employees and therefore provides all necessary training and tools required to deliver the highest level of performance.

The compensation is quite competitive. the management is top class.

Employee are empowered to succeed from inception.

Work day is fun and very challenging too.
Pros
Projects a good feeling of self worth in its employees
Cons
Very demanding on personnel time and attention
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Schlumberger. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8K