Schlumberger

Schlumberger Employee Reviews

Good place to work but the system is bias and corrupt. Lack objective and no job security which is the first and major challenge in working for Schlumberger Nigeria.The system is only good for field Engineers,Field specialist is better , equipment operators are the worst hit in the system, Some degree holder are working as equipment operators and as contract staff and the salary is nearly enough for them to eat.This group of staff should be considered for staffing and salary normalisation..
Pros
Good training
Cons
No job security and staffs underpaid
Cultura laboral exelente, armoniosa, mucha camaraderia. Buena preparacion en cuanto hay que mantener los cursos al dia.
Pros
Seguro medico
High work demands, high performance expectations, poor reward system, poor human relations. They are quick to hire and fire. High casualisation ratio. Career progression is low.
Schlumberger understand the importance of work life balance and are open to new ideas and feedback .Schlumberger is working environment that understands the effect of safe workplace practices both at work and in the office.
Pros
Free Christmas bonus
Working and collaborating with people. Team work and motivation. wonderful in terms of workplace diversity and they believe so much on gender diversity.
Cons
job security
Schlumberger exposed me to set of skills that will help me in career. Professionally inculcated in me administrative and management culture. Exposed me to presentation skills and on the job security and hazard control measures.
Always busy with setting up lab rest and running analysis of rig samples. Learned to be detail oriented and had a very supporting Manager and superior
One of the major attractions was the training culture which provided the basis for the organization success over the years. Emphasis was placed on this, both in training schools and on the jobs. The work environment was well conditioned for appropriate mix of multicultural backgrounds, and the experience of working well with others whose culture were different from mine was quite helpful. The management response to issues and commitment to promoting a healthy work environment helped to drive the best in the staff, and hence higher productivity.
Pros
Regular training schedules
Cons
High standard Service Quality and safety attitudes is a living culture in Schlumberger, Their training plan is the best amongst all service companies
Es una experiencia enriquecedora, ya que te abre la puertas a nuevos conocimiento en el área técnica industrial petrolera.
SChlumberger is a productive and fun work place with recreational activities such as table tennis, pool, scrabble, chess and gym facility. This encourage the employee to keep fit but mentally and physically.
In Schlumberger, they take Safety as a top priority, They help improve their workers through training and re training of their staffs. You learn new how to get it right at the first time of trial.
It used to be a good place to work, but not anymore. The company has lost every niche that distinguish her from other service companies. Management as an organ of the company does not understand/know what they're doing except the CEO, it's a shame! Company wide the effect is bad, but in some regions, say Africa it's terrible!!
Schlumberger believes in doing it rite the first time every time anywhere you go, commitment good communication team work also good management to promote you as per when dues.
Highly educative. Helped me in advancing my accounting Knowledge. The management is a very good one and encouraging. The work environment and culture was very decent. I did not actually experience a had time because my superior and others were very helpful in the execution of jobs. It was quite a very good and enjoying moment with them. The environment also helped me in capacity development.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Break, Healthcare
Typical day at work is very busy from delivering normal work tasks to online trainings which always make one to be up and doing and thereby become more skilled day by day. the enjoyable part of the job is the ability to travel far or near while delivering the requirements of the job while the hardest part is being away from family for a while.
Worked hard and played hard the few times I had the opportunity. Got to a point where I had to work with too little resources and still under immense pressure to keep delivering outstanding results. It took a toll on my health and work life balance. I learnt a lot though and took up responsibilities early in my career.
Pros
Strong in Ethics and compliance, Fast-track training
Cons
Long tedious hours
I was hired in this company and trained extensively to be a cementing specialist. I was also given great deal of exposures working in Cameroon, Angola, Gabon, Thailand and South Korea.
Schlumberger provides a very robust learning environment to its employees, it is a delight working on its cross functional and multi-cultural teams. The hardest part of the job for field engineers is lack of a fixed rotation schedule. You can spend months on the rig.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
No work-life balance
Anytime I look back to the days I spent in MiSwaco, it's always with nostalgia. I started my career in Drilling fluids with the company, so when I remembered the early days, I couldn't but be grateful to the company for giving me the opportunity to develop myself with them.
Pros
free Health care
Cons
Good days off
Carrying Oil and Gas field Cementing was a good experience of upstream sector of the industry. I was Field Supervisor II, leading crew of 4 to 6 team members for job execution at client facilities either offshore or onshore.
Pros
World class training
Cons
Work/ life balance is not healthy
  1. Employee Reviews