RTI International Employee Reviews

Excellent company
Field Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Various job sitesSeptember 3, 2019
Great people, working in the field with great respondents in home interviewing and paying respondents for their interviw time. It really is an amazing company with great people!
Great place to work with good management
Field Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Dothan, ALSeptember 3, 2019
If you don't mind being a self-starter following procedures exactly working different type of hours + weekend then this is the job for you supervisors don't micromanage they are there to help if you need it need to have computer skills for doing reports and we'll need at least a laptop or desktop computer for some of the reports and training
Pros
For me good pay good supervisors and good training
Cons
Weekends are a must in order to do your job
RTI has nice employee focus and does a wide variety of federal and commercial consulting in diverse markets.
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COAugust 19, 2019
RTI is a good company that is employee focused and takes pride in the work the employees do. In my role as a support person I feel I can sometimes get lost in the shuffle though and as with many businesses with consulting as a primary form of revenue there is a better more clear path for Technical Staff.
I would and have recommended it to friends and would again.
RTI was a good experience
Data Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 16, 2019
I worked a contracted job at RTI in the evenings after working my regular day job. The environment is every man for itself, and there is competition to make sure that each person is collecting the most surveys. There is no talking allowed, and no phones are allowed to be out. From what I understand, each contract is different, so this may not always be true.
no common culture, HR sucks, managers are incompetent
scientist (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 14, 2019
All RTI cares about is making money. There is no independent research done, all revolves around money making. Upper management squeezes the applied sciences out of funding by relocating their assets elsewhere in the company. Research is impossible to fund.
Data Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 5, 2019
Started working at RTI earning 10.50 but because u was so dedicated to my job and worked my correct hours they raised me to $19.45 in 4 months. Also they always worked with my schedule if i needed a schedule change it was done in no time I really enjoyed working there because they reward based off of performance and the staff are really good to work with.
The only thing is they hire soo many people in order for them to keep you you have to prove yourself but it's worth it.
RTI can be a wonderful company to work for, depending on your Manager
Field supervisor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 23, 2019
A typical day of work is approximately 12 hours a day, managing a staff of approximately 20 to 30 employees at any given times. You are on the phone 99% of the day and your laptop is always open. I have learned how train staff, recruit staff and schedule staff effectively. Workplace culture is dependent on your manager, It can be very pleasant or you can have a micro manager who is more then willing to break ADA rules and treat staff extremely rude. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know the employees who work on your personal team, encouraging them to produce and watching them learn and grow.
Great job
Field Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Citrus County, FLJuly 20, 2019
I thoroughly love working for RTI. Great ethics, very respectful to one another, payed for travel and mileage, full training, I highly recommend them.
Excellent
Custodian Worker (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 14, 2019
Excellent environment different cultures
I felt respected for the work I did, and the acknowledgements. That made me work hard and I enjoyed it......
Awesome Job
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 13, 2019
Great place to work at when i was younger and a student. the hours were flexible and they worked with my school schedule. Management was very understanding and nice. loved this place
Great way to supplement your retirement income
Bilingual Filed Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAMay 28, 2019
Hardest part of the job is internalizing the controlling atmosphere of a scientific research study. All procedures, no matter how ill-conceived, are set in stone. This was very different from other environments I had worked in. I arrived at the mantra "Tight research is good research", and that helped me let go of all the little things that initially made me feel as though I were not to be trusted and had no brain to think on my own.
I disliked that RTI (or perhaps the specific project I worked on) did not see fit to pay bilingual field interviewers any more than monolingual field interviewers. Yet, we had to be 'certified' (participate in a conference call where you read text aloud in Spanish so an RTI employee can evaluate the degree of your bilingualism).
On the positive side, I loved the part-time, temporary nature of the job. As a retired educator, this job provided me with funds for the little extra things in life: travel, new furniture, etc.
Cons
Bilinguals are not paid any more than monolinguals
Interesting Work but Poor Preparation and Communication for Required Tasks
Field Interviewer/Researcher (Former Employee) –  Trumbull County, OHMay 27, 2019
Training did not meet the objectives that were prescribed for the field. Interviewers were blamed for poorly designed study and necessary information to complete tasks were not given in a systematic manner to assist Interviewers in being successful. Interviewers subjected to illegal situations which were known by managers but not communicated to staff until after they had been confronted by situations in the field. Research objectives were put above safety and efficiency the workers completing the tasks. With that being said, the project was informative and I met some really nice people. Changed job schedules from what was requested with the job offer after their plans and goals were not meet and then staff given reprimands when they did not meet the new schedule/goals.
Guidelines are not for your benefit
DSC (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 23, 2019
The qualifications that are set are not fair to the employees and the supervisors use that as an advantage instead helping people it hurts you. It is not recommended
Negative extreme micro management environment bias workplace unless culture is Hispanic
Data Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 19, 2019
Extreme micro management. Negative work place culture Clicks . Inconsiderate of employees needs. Some projects have good pay and long temp assignments .
Pros
Cons
Racism towards Negroes, negative atmosphere
Great supervisor
Field Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 18, 2019
It starts with great support from supervisors and I love what I do and get paid good flexibility great and you get to get in person paid training as well as mileage reimbursement
Pros
Flexible schedule great support good pay
Cons
No set schedule
Do not recommend
Field Representative (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INMay 10, 2019
Disorganized, poor communication!! Difficult to get in touch with appropriate person/department. Couldn’t get concrete answers . My equipment failed which put me “under investigation” which was not communicates to me!! Lost 2 weeks of work due to this and would not compensate me. Couldn’t work without my equipment....
pas agreable
PREPARATEUR DE COMMANDE SURGELES (Former Employee) –  wissouxApril 9, 2019
j ai eu plusieur souci de sante pendant mes missions
toujour justifier .
ma conseiller rti
ma dit que le prochain arret de travail elle dechirer mon dossier
d interimaire.
j ai du quitte cette boite d interim.
Managment Driven By Numbers not Employees
Data Collection Specialist (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 7, 2019
This job is boring and tedious and a time killer. The paycheck is measely. 8 hours a day spent making outbound calls to conduct surveys. The rules were overwhelming. Management was non-existent. There was no motivation by supervisors on the floor. Employees are just a number. You are never in the same seat twice so getting to know your co-workers is near impossible. There is no camaraderie, no culture, no variety. I found it hard to wake up every morning and get motivated to even show up.
Cons
Poor working conditions; short breaks; low pay
loved it
Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 7, 2019
loved it. The people were great to work with. There were lots of opportunities to work with great people. You got to eat lots of great food. You got to have a lot of fun.
Very productive work place.
Research interviewer (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 3, 2019
Loved working there very professional helping. Easy to talk to management and staff. Interviewing was very easy and quick, they take there time to explain everything.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RTI International. Our community is ready to answer.