RTI International Employee Reviews

Excellent
Custodian Worker (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 14, 2019
Excellent environment different cultures
I felt respected for the work I did, and the acknowledgements. That made me work hard and I enjoyed it......
Awesome Job
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 13, 2019
Great place to work at when i was younger and a student. the hours were flexible and they worked with my school schedule. Management was very understanding and nice. loved this place
Great way to supplement your retirement income
Bilingual Filed Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAMay 28, 2019
Hardest part of the job is internalizing the controlling atmosphere of a scientific research study. All procedures, no matter how ill-conceived, are set in stone. This was very different from other environments I had worked in. I arrived at the mantra "Tight research is good research", and that helped me let go of all the little things that initially made me feel as though I were not to be trusted and had no brain to think on my own.
I disliked that RTI (or perhaps the specific project I worked on) did not see fit to pay bilingual field interviewers any more than monolingual field interviewers. Yet, we had to be 'certified' (participate in a conference call where you read text aloud in Spanish so an RTI employee can evaluate the degree of your bilingualism).
On the positive side, I loved the part-time, temporary nature of the job. As a retired educator, this job provided me with funds for the little extra things in life: travel, new furniture, etc.
Cons
Bilinguals are not paid any more than monolinguals
Interesting Work but Poor Preparation and Communication for Required Tasks
Field Interviewer/Researcher (Former Employee) –  Trumbull County, OHMay 27, 2019
Training did not meet the objectives that were prescribed for the field. Interviewers were blamed for poorly designed study and necessary information to complete tasks were not given in a systematic manner to assist Interviewers in being successful. Interviewers subjected to illegal situations which were known by managers but not communicated to staff until after they had been confronted by situations in the field. Research objectives were put above safety and efficiency the workers completing the tasks. With that being said, the project was informative and I met some really nice people. Changed job schedules from what was requested with the job offer after their plans and goals were not meet and then staff given reprimands when they did not meet the new schedule/goals.
Guidelines are not for your benefit
DSC (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 23, 2019
The qualifications that are set are not fair to the employees and the supervisors use that as an advantage instead helping people it hurts you. It is not recommended
Negative extreme micro management environment bias workplace unless culture is Hispanic
Data Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 19, 2019
Extreme micro management. Negative work place culture Clicks . Inconsiderate of employees needs. Some projects have good pay and long temp assignments .
Pros
Cons
Racism towards Negroes, negative atmosphere
Great supervisor
Field Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 18, 2019
It starts with great support from supervisors and I love what I do and get paid good flexibility great and you get to get in person paid training as well as mileage reimbursement
Pros
Flexible schedule great support good pay
Cons
No set schedule
Do not recommend
Field Representative (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INMay 10, 2019
Disorganized, poor communication!! Difficult to get in touch with appropriate person/department. Couldn’t get concrete answers . My equipment failed which put me “under investigation” which was not communicates to me!! Lost 2 weeks of work due to this and would not compensate me. Couldn’t work without my equipment....
pas agreable
PREPARATEUR DE COMMANDE SURGELES (Former Employee) –  wissouxApril 9, 2019
j ai eu plusieur souci de sante pendant mes missions
toujour justifier .
ma conseiller rti
ma dit que le prochain arret de travail elle dechirer mon dossier
d interimaire.
j ai du quitte cette boite d interim.
Managment Driven By Numbers not Employees
Data Collection Specialist (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 7, 2019
This job is boring and tedious and a time killer. The paycheck is measely. 8 hours a day spent making outbound calls to conduct surveys. The rules were overwhelming. Management was non-existent. There was no motivation by supervisors on the floor. Employees are just a number. You are never in the same seat twice so getting to know your co-workers is near impossible. There is no camaraderie, no culture, no variety. I found it hard to wake up every morning and get motivated to even show up.
Cons
Poor working conditions; short breaks; low pay
loved it
Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 7, 2019
loved it. The people were great to work with. There were lots of opportunities to work with great people. You got to eat lots of great food. You got to have a lot of fun.
Very productive work place.
Research interviewer (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 3, 2019
Loved working there very professional helping. Easy to talk to management and staff. Interviewing was very easy and quick, they take there time to explain everything.
Place for growth
Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCApril 3, 2019
Offer resources for career growth and professionalism within the organization. Provide extensive paid training. Partner with sponsors to research meaningful studies.
Great Field Management
Field Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCMarch 29, 2019
I liked working for RTI. As with many jobs in this field, there is not job security due to different study times and requirements. My experience was positive.
Pros
Prompt response from management
Cons
No job security
RTI IT Dept Needs better managers
Senior Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCMarch 27, 2019
The IT managers at RTI are doing a terrible job and have turned a company that was once a great place to work into a terrible place to work. Abandon Ship!
Pros
Some opporunity to work from home and some flexible hours
Cons
Management is the worst, work a LOT of hours, no appreciation
Worst place that I ever worked at!
Information Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCMarch 24, 2019
CIO quit, CISO has not a clue on what to do. Managers bully workers and Ethics Officer does nothing to stop it. Many people working there have not a clue on their job responsibility and blame others for their mistakes. Managers do not stick up for their people. Many butt into conversations, have no clue, and report false information. Worked over 250 hours every month for chump change. Nobody cares about work/home environment.
Pros
Cons
Way to many to list!
supervising call center workers
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 21, 2019
I used to supervise call center interviewers and make sure the quality of their work was up to the standards. I would review love calls and coach during the alls as well as recorded calls.
Flexible company
Senior Supply Chain Specialist (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCMarch 18, 2019
This is a pretty flexible company to work with, but the management wasn't the most organized. They were constantly trying to improve their processes, which was a good thing
Health Services Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 18, 2019
I truly enjoyed working at RTI. They have an amazing work culture and most of the people who work there are very passionate about what they do. There is also room to grow, as they allow you to work in areas of your own interest.
Field Reviewer
Field Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKFebruary 26, 2019
Great part time job going door to door getting surveys from households. Most of the time people are not home and returning multiple times to reach the tenants.
Pros
Job not the hard
Cons
Many miles on car and scared of big dogs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RTI International. Our community is ready to answer.