Redeemer's University Employee Reviews

Stressful
Electrician Technician (Current Employee) –  Ede, Osun stateFebruary 5, 2019
No day off (Essential staff).
I learned to multitask and to work without supervision.
The management is fair.
Hardest part is combination of Electrical & Mechanical work.
The enjoyable part is we make ourself happy despite the low pay
Pros
Nil
Cons
No free healthcare, no overtime, no allowances
Hard work with integrity
Senior Confidential Secretary (Former Employee) –  Ede, Osun State, NigeriaSeptember 26, 2017
Redeemer's University is known for its policies that must be adhere strictly to enjoy the benefits of timely payment of salary and competitive fringe benefits among other educational institutions in Nigeria. The slogan is you must work for the pay. The policies put in place a structure that makes all employer to be on their toes for efficiency and effectiveness of their contribution to the achievement of overall growth of the institution. Integrity par excellence is among organizational virtues imbibe in their staff and that I possess.
Pros
Lunch Hour allowed
Cons
Overtime not paid
Productive and interesting people
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Ede, Osun, NigeriaSeptember 3, 2017
I work 8 hours a day (8am-4pm)
I learned a communicative type of work, we work together like family
management is at 85%
Love
Not doing anything
Going out for inspection
Interesting
Coach (Former Employee) –  EdeAugust 25, 2017
Had a good working relationship and developed the sports unit to a satisfactory level. It was very challenging being a pioneer sports person with RUN.
my typical work place experience
LIBRARY ASSITANT (Current Employee) –  ede, osun stateJuly 28, 2017
A typical day at work is always fulfilling, having all the tools to work with available, made the work lot easier.
i have learned how to work with different people, how to manage working with people with different emotion, both staff and students.
Management is doing a lot better, only need to be up and doing in some areas, which is really affecting students enrollment.
we have a very good work place culture here.
I do not have any hard part in my job, because i see everything as a task to be carried out.
All are enjoyable.
Pros
regular salary payment
Cons
Nil
we did enjoy playing games like football, table tennins, Volley ball etc.
Senior Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Ede, Osun state, NigeriaJuly 20, 2017
A day at work is like joy everyday. you meet with staff who are behaving like your family. i learned that collaborative work is superb. the management take care of their staff by paying promptly. the hardest part of the job is you need to publish in high impact journals forcing you to do rigorous research. the enjoyable part of the work is that salary has never fails.
Pros
free lunches when we have seminars or lecture series
Productive and fun workplace
Social and Management Science Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Redemption Camp, Mowe, Ogun State, NigeriaApril 5, 2017
Redeemer's University is an organisation where productivity is taking very seriously. The administration is efficient. I learnt team spirit and high sense of value for knownledge. Employees are given opportunities for self development which I considered very important and self motivating.
Pros
Flexible break, free internet facility
Cons
Short break
very good work place
Adjunct Lecturer in Transport & Logistics (Current Employee) –  ogun state NigeriaApril 3, 2015
lectures prepared. arrives lecture hall before lecture time. interacts with students informally and delivers the lecture. interacts with office staff and leaves. fun filled. grading the examination is tasking but not hard. the most precious experience if organizing workload and interpersonal skills. the most enjoyable part of this job is imparting knowledge and moulding young minds.
upcoming University with great prospect internationally
Senior Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ede, NigeriaMarch 17, 2015
work starts 8am and ends officially at 5pm but the IT unit usually stays much longer due to the task on the job.
As a faith based university i had the priviledge of studying the bible more than ever before as there are regular bible study classes.
the management team is intellectually strong but i feel they seethe university more like a church which does not go well as there are too many restrictions in the campus. my co workers are technically sound guys with so much desire to transform the university into an ICT driven institution with the development of the student portals and network deloyment around the campus.
the hardest part of the job is that we have few technical staff to student ratio and there is always a new project to commence thereby requiring regular updating of knowledge