OK Foods

OK Foods Employee Reviews

Nigeria6 reviews
My job at OK foods was centered on distribution of finished goods (biscuits, sweets and chewing gum) to various customers and distributors around lagos.
The job gave me opportunity to know new places, enhanced my customer relationship skills and made me a better Accountant.
OK foods was only lagos company with 3 shift both morning,afternoon and night later change to 2 shift around July 2019.
And it was only company that pays high..
I work there as sales representative for Modern Trade (means supermarket )
The company also gives out a target to be meet before the end of the month
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Long hours from 9:00am to5:30pm
There was a day i'm working night shirt we supposed to five but i'm only one on duty so which given me a problem but at the end i manage and make up, the management are fantastic and the job is enjoyable to the best of my knowledge
Pros
Free transport
Cons
Long hour
You are a hardworking employee who has done excellently this year. Your work performance has been excellent. When performance review time comes around, you are sure that your work will speak for itself with management.
Pros
What is the economic meaning of the expression that there is no such thing as a free lunch
Cons
Short breaks often called ‘respite care’ is there to help carers, and the person they care for, to take a break. A break can be for a few hours, a few days or longer if needed.
A typical day at work as a Supervisor, there is usually an early morning brief pep talk with my team members where time is taken to highlight what the day's target would be. This is done so that every team member is in no doubt of his/her expectation. The day's achievement is evaluated against the target set in the mornings.
In Ok foods, I learned amongst other things the importance of time management and team work. The management of Ok foods were friendly and understanding however the remuneration did not meet the expectation. This is equally understandable in view of the economic situation in the country. I had coworkers I will gladly describe as a family and I still do miss the environment greatly. In my view, the hardest part of the job was having to deal with a colleague or team member who got to work feeling cranky and like the whole world is upon his shoulder. Secondly, there were a lot of times when the requisite resources were lacking but the target remains unchanged. It was as if one was expected to do some sort of miracle. We managed to get by all the same. The most enjoyable part of the work was working with a team that cared so much for one another as well as people one could actually relate to as friends.
Pros
what I will actually consider as Pros is having to be paid for annual leaves and casual leaves
Cons
Long hours and unpaid over times