Obafemi Awolowo University Employee Reviews

Trained under a laboratory technician
Industrial training student (Former Employee) –  IfeNovember 12, 2018
Trained at the deptmartment of microbiology. I learnt coliform test, bio fertilizers, MRVP tests. I learnt a lots as a microbiologist. I was always time cuscious. Must get to work by 7:30 am
Unlimited Challenge and Opportunities
Web developer Intern (Former Employee) –  OsunAugust 17, 2018
There are things i thought i could never imagine myself doing, but I did it in OAU, it's a home of challenge that drives ones towards success, there are just opportunities to grow, I learnt about the dynamism attached to web apps dealing with enormous data.
Pros
Work flexibility
Cons
no proper funds
leadership skills
Extension Officer (Former Employee) –  NIGERIAJuly 8, 2018
Working with Obafemi awolowo university afforded me the opportunity to get various skillslike communication skills, Team spirit, and leadership skills.
Productive and fun workplace
Graduate Research Student (Former Employee) –  Osun State, NigeriaApril 22, 2018
I was a Graduate student. I was involved in teaching undergraduate students variety of laboratory procedures as part of their course work. I was also participating actively in Microbiology research.
House boy, (Former Employee) –  NigeriaOctober 5, 2017
The company is a nice place and its a school as well where more people of different perspectives are. The school is a very nice place and its cool and there student are desciplined.. A very nice company took us all to the school to work on there very well
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Some hours
Friendly atmospheres
Lecturer 1 or Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Ile Ife NigeriaSeptember 22, 2017
Obafemi Awolowo University pioneered so many medical and surgical advances in the field of Medicine such as Renal transplantations and cardiac procedures.
Pros
Research grants
Cons
Remotely located
Help to gain experience in the field of microbilogy
Lab Trainee (Former Employee) –  Osun stateSeptember 3, 2017
I was opportune to had my industrial attachment in Obafemi awolowo university department of microbiology ile-ife osun state Nigeria.i gained alot from my supervisor,thought me the pro and con in my field of study.
Pros
No free launch none breakfast
Cons
No break
fun
water factory (Former Employee) –  nigeriaApril 27, 2017
i learn alot here , i learn how to produce bottled water and also sachet water , bottle water been produced starting from preform, where is been blow into it to give them the shape needed
Pros
water
Cons
hours
A challenging place to work
Epidemiology Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ogun State, NigeriaMarch 3, 2017
Great place to work, people are appreciative of my work. I educated nurses on disease prevention and control with emphasis on Ebola prevention. I collected data and I analyzed data and I wrote monthly, quarterly and annual reports
excellent working there
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  NigeriaDecember 1, 2016
I can recommend it to anyone interested. it was a great place to work. besides, They have all it takes. for example, the qualification of staffs and professional skills. also they were all welcoming. It was great working there.
Conducive and Productive atmosphere
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ile Ife, Nigeria.September 6, 2016
A day when we worked and slept over due to some problems including power failure.
I learned how to also work in tensed condition sometimes so as to achieve the best result
The management was fair and co-workers were friendly and helpful. We worked as a team.
The hardest part is when we could not be through on time as planned.
The most enjoyable was when everything worked as planne. I learned how to handle Liquid Nitrogen and use it to preserve biological specimen. also on how to use spectrophotometer-quantitative measurement of the reflection or transmission properties of a material as a function of wavelength.
Pros
There were free lunches and other incentives
Cons
I worked extra hours but sometimes with remuneration.
very productive and fun working with both students and other colleagues
(a) Lecturer I (Current Employee) –  Ile-Ife, Osun state, NigeriaNovember 8, 2015
It's is a Federal Government owned and sponsored university. It is one of the first six tertiary universities in Nigeria. It is definitely a university of choice for both students and academic & non-academic staff. Highly challenging environment and productive.
Pros
highly competitive with job security
Cons
unavailability of up-to-date scientic equipment for research
Tasking
Electoral Comm. Chairman, Faculty of Technology (Former Employee) –  NigeriaDecember 4, 2014
Led a team of 15 men Electoral Committee to conduct the general election of the University's Faculty of Technology and also conducted by-elections.
Learnt to multitask, manage and lead people, to discharge duties efficiently within time frame of work and to be accountable.
Productive and magnificent
Chief Accountant (Former Employee) –  ILE-IFE, NGDecember 7, 2013
Working with people is the most amazing thing that has ever happened to me because I get to learn a lot from them.
Academic environment with freedom for private practice
Geologist (Former Employee) –  Ile-Ife NigeriaNovember 17, 2012
Get to my office as early as 8.00am, Prepare my lecture notes for my students. Give practical classes which may involve more than two groups of 30 students each. This will take me till around 6.00pm in the evening.
There are days I will not have classes, and I will have time for my research work and other administrative engagements.