Norwegian Refugee Council

Norwegian Refugee Council Employee Reviews

Sweet INGO to devote your time for.

IIRC is actually the engine room for INGO work in Nigeria, here you will meet lot of experience Nigerians and expatriate alike who are willing to help you learn through the ladder and grow. friendly place to work with lot of opportunities.

Pros

an open door to the world of INGO

Cons

make up your mind to learn.

Team spirit

Team spirit was highly seen as a family. Trainings on basic system operations is given. Enough orientation given to know more of different core competencies for NRC.

Pros

Free air time

Cons

Learning and developing opportunites in productive environment.

Clear vision and mission, Profesional Humen Resource staff in national and international levels.on the job training opportunites. Welknown and reputable organization and the leading entity on humanitarian assistance to the forced displacement victims.

Pros

learning and developing opportunites, and avialibility of international positions

Cons

low salaries and rigid working hours.

Well aware of my submission even this has taken long time back.

Adherence to policies and up keep to their goals as an Organization. Work with team to do their described roles and responsibilities in the best interest of their beneficiaries.

Accurate, fully acknowledgeable of information made availble .

Serving as senior camp manager it was very challenging daily, I had to meet the basic daily needs for about 19 thousand Ivorian refugees. To where not knowledgeable enough to understand how things work in a refugee camp to that of their different home. The management aspect was perfect all of the refugees in the camp live in safety and dignity with all protection regulations applied. I learned to work with the culture of total discipline and respect human dignity considering the different in attitude among the refugees. To get refugees ascribed to reality was a difficult thing to do That was the hardest part of the job. The day for refugee food distribution was enjoyable for me all refugee had to assemble at the distribution hall to received their food. During this period, my office was relax no too many complain.

Productive and a Fun place to work in and have a good cause

Productive and a Fun place to work in and have a good cause help young employees to develop and reach their careers goals your voice always count in decision making

multicultural humanitarian atmosphere

for me working with NRC was an honor as it was the first place that I felt powerful and trusted within a project, although the high expectation made me work more under the stressful situation now I have the approval of NRC global project manager. My Contribution to the new vulnerability assessment project was the great honor. There was a need for designing a comprehensive assessment tool to avoid contacting beneficiaries a few times and raising expectations. I was in charge of conducting a statistical analysis on NRC beneficiaries back data to find the most useful questions for the new tool; so I investigate on which questions most of the beneficiaries got the score and on which questions they did not; in the case, 80% of them got the score or 80% they did not I eliminated the questions. Also, I designed a scoring system in KOBO when each individual survey reached the threshold of vulnerability the trigging question of each sector (livelihood, education and ICLA) opened automatically. Also, this platform was connected to an excel with URL code by the help of which I could produce the report through a private table. This excel updated automatically based on updates in KOBO. Therefore, there was not any need for entering data to excel manually for producing reports.

New culture

I believe working in a humanitarian organization is completely a different experience as the target you do are different with commercial organization.

great organization with best colleagues

Great organization to work for. I have learned so many things from this organization and the work place has its own culture. I have enjoyed working with this organization because it gives satisfaction by supporting refugees.

working with the refugee education sector was nice exprience for me

My role was to teach the school dropped out children and the adult as well. Being in the space of teaching others is more beneficial to me personally because as I teach I'm also learning

Jobs at Norwegian Refugee Council

See more jobs

Flexible and productive job with some entertainments, especially in holydays

According to Afghanistan situation, a Flexible and productive job was the good point. The security issues and sometimes mismanagement was the bad point. Overall, most of the clients were satisfied with NRC activities.

Productive place of work

NRC was one of the organizations that help employees to discover them selves and give them the capacity building needed. insure that all employees are on the same awareness level regarding their rights and work environment. Always insure positive vibes around, specially since i was the staff representative i was more involved in employees problems and delivering all needed message to the upper management. They value their employees and act as a one family.

very good employer

it was demanding although an extremely effective, challenging and rewarding work

Excellent time and friendly environment with considering community needs

Wonderful experience with NRC with friendly and caring team who think who think about the beneficiaries needs and right based response that can help people in need.

nice place to work in

NRC is working to respond to the humanitarian need of people affected by displacement (including refugee, IDPs and returnees). NRC work in such area as shelter, food, sanitation, water, protection, information counselling and legal assistance. NRC is a good place to work. the team is exceptionally good. the management and the supervisor is helping to learn and grow. the company has a good reputation in the community.

Worked as a volunteer

Work with kobocollect taking informations and data from remote area villages per say and saving it.increasing the knowlege of interactions between individuals from different environment

NRC as a humanitarian organisation works with the respect of code and conduct governing humanitarian work and missions.

As a humanitarian body the spread of NRC in so many countries across the board facing crisis has enabled the organization to actually understand most of the cultures of these societies with the opportunity of providing jobs to the locals in these communities making the organization to base its policy of inclusion and diversity in all it's missions and staff too.

It was one of the best job at NRC, KPK.

No doubt it was a risky job because the work place was located in hard area like kuram Agency and most of it was mountainous, roads were rough & tough , rain, snowing, and too cool. But my colleagues were so good , pleasant and co-operative. It was my good job.

Productive and fun place. The organization provided us with a full gym and a good working environment.

The field office is not located in the capital city of Ethiopia thus the managment managed to make the working place very friendly, good environment. The organization managed to provide a full gym to make sure all colleagues where in good shape and health. The continues refreshment and get together events were maintained to keep the team sprite of all colleagues. Most of all the growth opportunity and training provided for staff was remarkable and gave a lot of staff to grow and challenge them selfs by applying for the staff exchange which allows colleagues to have a different experience.

Pros

Provides growth opportunity

Cons

High staff turn over

Productive and good workplace

It was a very good experience I have there. nice and cooperative people who are willing to work together.

A real professional environment to work within. NRC is one of the best setups in the region, continues development for the staff, regulations and polices and a certain level of flexibility. Very transparent.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Norwegian Refugee Council. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3