Nielsen
Coronavirus update
Information from Nielsen:

Nielsen Employee Reviews

Nigeria7 reviews
It's been a great experience working with the company
Nielsen is a research company with its head quarters in Lagos. Though I was there on contract basis, which I left soon as it expired. During this period, we embarked on a research on access to Finance in rural /urban areas of the communities.
It has a great management structure which always ensure the growth of the organization.

It exposed me to lots of things which I could never do.

One of the challenges I had was that of language barrier, as most indigenes were unable to communicate.

Working with the team and learning new things made it a great experience.
fun workplace ,new work experience and good management skills
Its fun to work with them . Achievement of new knowledge and experience. Good management and organizing skills.they work hard and lay down the same examples .
Pros
Cons
lack of job security
Productive and fun workplace
Come to the office by 9am then collect devices for work (samsung tabs) then go to the field following the map on your device. then you start taking census of the particular outlets on ur grid and blocks, interview the owners, take the picture and GPS of the location and submit. we have a target of 20 outlets per day. By 5pm you should be done with the days work.

i learnt more on manner of approach, varous locations and looking smart.

Good management

Introducing self to the outlet owners

Interacting with collegues before stepping out of the office
Pros
daily money for transportation and feeding(1000)
highly innovative and productive
It was quite interesting because i devote my time and energy to work hard and bring more innovation and quality service.
Lessons and job overview
Not really the place to work if you are a part staff but a good place to work. The biggest lesson was to keep on working on yourself because of the challenges at work. Fun place because of the people from other departments and other extra curriculum activities. Was really difficult to relate with my colleagues because I wanted more fulfilment out of the job. I cant really say anything about the management because it doesn't care about part time staffs. The best part of the job is having to do different projects that involved survey about a product,disease or policy and it affecting availability and decisions of a management, government or company.
Pros
Benefits for extra hours and weekend
Cons
Nonchalant attitude of the management
Productive and full of fun during biweekly body exercise and health tips talk
Very productive in the sense that there is a team work on every project. The team work cut across all our offices across globe.There is also different kinds of training on how to make use of new tools to enhance prompt and quality delivery.
NHIS (health insurance), tax remittances and pension scheme payment are outstanding. So also payment of monthly salary is laudable.
Pros
Free beverage
Cons
losse omgeving waarin er ruimte is voor het individu
Nielsen is op veel vlakken een relax bedrijf, maar schiet daar ook vaak in door waardoor er situaties voorkomen die niet passen bij een professioneel bedrijf als deze.
Pros
relax, ruimte voor het individu
Cons
conservatief, gebrek aan goede leiderschap