MTN logo
MTN

MTN Employee Reviews

Work-Life Balance

I was a Network Specialist and had lot of exposure to both projects and operations environments. MTN offered best in-class training opportunities in its fast-paced business space

Pros

Collaborative colleagues and Management. Reward was not bad as well

Cons

Flat structured so no hiearachy for promotions

Not a bad place

We tried. It was not a bad place at all. We did the best we could do and we tried to answer every question that was thrown at us. I would recommend for an entry level personnel.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Long work hours

The day we went to a village in zamfara state for marketing

Working with mtn as a contract staff was fun for me I was doing what I love doing going to villages I have never gone to in my entire life meet people tell them about the new product tell them about MTN Nigeria tell them about tariff plan and their benefits it was fun the villagers were happy because we entertain them with music and give away too

productive

i take my time to listen to customer complains check my emails for any update on a product that i need to educate the customer Try as much as i can to do a follow up on a previous issue which may not be resolved. check my break time to ensure i can get something to eat (that is the enjoyable part of the job) i try to ensure i avoid traffic when coming to work because of the bad road (the hardest part of the job)

Pros

affordable food, cool friends to interact with

Cons

average salary, short breaks, longer hours of work

fun place to work

management was a poor but we the workers made it interesting and organized.. we also had to do some advert by the road side to make sure people are interested in out services.. this helped the company get more customers.

Great

Working with Mtn Nigeria, taught be alot about human relationship and management. I know how to profile a customer, manage pressure, control crowd, good listener, result oriented etc

Securing Parameters; Entry and Exit control

Security checks, patrolling, cctv surveillance and log book check Daily routine of patrolling; keeping the areas secured at all times Making sure unauthorized persons can’t go to designated places.

Awesome working environment with suitable transport to and fro work.

The company organise training to us quarterly to improve our performance of excellent customer care team and ensure we have team meetings every week to give reports and share different experience.

Pros

Free lunch and tea served

Cons

Productive and fun place to work

Mtn ensures customers are satisfied at all times. Market products whenever customers call in for enquiries. Ensure unresolved issues are escalated for resolution before the end of the day which is within 24hrs.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Long/short breaks

My experience

i worked as a customer care representative and a sales officer at the same time, i had a lot of obligation to carry. i sold devices such as phones modens etc and also attended to customers complain

Productive and fun place to work in

It'd be a great delight to have the same kind of feeling again.it was great fun and very encouraging environment.They pay salary on time and really care about the welfare of employees.

productive and fun work place

pick calls and attend to customers patience, listening skill, importance feedback and team work poor management (ISON BPO) customers priority no job security and no regards for worker ( ISON BPO) interacting with different people every day

Pros

free drinks sometimes

Cons

health care, small salaries

the best opportunity to think of

It is a good work, life balance it is compesating benefiting with it good job security an advancement good management an good culture it more than a good life time opportunity

Friendly work place

Coming to work early is one of the thing i enjoyed as a staff of MTN. But on this day i was late and to my utmost surprise, everyone was out waiting for wondering what went wrong while i was late.

Pros

Health benefit

Cons

Poor staff benefit

Thriving venture and a good environment for enhancing business career.

It was a beautiful, educative and rewarding work experience. Mtn as a giant communication or network provider company cares for it's subscribers as well as it's employees. It caters for its customers because it has a policy of customer orientation. It's aims is to reach every part of Africa that is why it has the slogan "everywhere you go" meaning reaching every client everywhere they are. It is a globalized communication company covering the whole Africa as no 1 brand. It was really a good experience. I wanted to make a career there but due to my relocation to London, that dream didn't materialise. I am happy and aspiring for new challenge in my new residence.

Pros

Good working condition

Cons

Long hour

Full of fun and togetherness,no discrimination (superior and junior staff)

Alot of seminar for staff.Encourages different trainings from one stage to another stages.Which brings out the real you.Working with MTN as sales representative has helped me to know how to manage my customers as well as my business.It tells you what ever bothers you put on a smiling face.Mtn has a logo:CAN DO MOTIVE.So with that there's nothing that can't be achievable.Once you have that at the back of your head,you look focus and you actualises every thing that seems to look unrealistic to become realistic.

Pros

Occasionally

Cons

Free Health care

Productive and fun work place

I loved working there regardless,it was fun and productive, I learnt alot.my co-workers were friendly and all mannered,my immediate supervisor also.it was generally fun.

Pros

Free lunch durung break time

Cons

Shorth break, health insurance, pension enritlements and vacations

productive

MTN is a leading telecommunication company in Nigeria that provides telecom services to the Nigerian communities. The company is one of the largest employer of labor

Customer relations

Working as a Customer relationship officer is great fun. I have come to understand a basic fact that a satisfied customer is a happy customer. And so much little is required to make a customer feel like a King. The ripple effect of a well organized customer relations department is shown by increase in periodic profit reflected by the sales department.As such, every organization needs a well coordinated customer relationship structure to survive. Workplace interpersonal relationship must be encourage, as every employee is a first customer.No one can give out what they do not have, so the adage that "Charity begins at home" comes strongly to mind. Individual behavioral pattern differs, all customers can't be alike.Some are docile, some are hostile but one lesson i have learned is that they both are "my" customers. Services must never be compromised. Being able to put smile on customer faces, brings joy and makes my day any time.

Pros

Regular side benefits

Cons

Over time comes up often

Productive and diverse workplace.

It's a dynamic and fast growing environment, this makes you to be on top of your game at all times. The infrastructure is massive with cutting-edge technologies and innovations.

Staff Relationship

Coordinate all departments in my organization, Ensure interworking relationship amongst the departments, Mapping out Strategies to win new clients and to retain them.

Pros

Free Lunch free & free Medicak

Cons

Extra working hours
  • MTN