Ministry of Justice

Ministry of Justice Employee Reviews

A typical day at work was to review cases that had been taken on in the past week and attend court sessions as they came up. I particularly liked working at the Ministry because it showed me the intricacies and workings of the legal world in the public system.
Pros
no work beyond working hours
Work resumes by 8am and closes at 4pm. Working there helped me learn and improve on my knowledge book-keeping, cooperation, researching, etc.Fellow Staff and manager and bosses were good people,I had good professional and interpersonal relationship with them. The hardest part of the job was Cataloguing. The most enjoyable part of the job was studies and research based on the new and wider knowledge gained on legal matters.
It shows a lot of works, particularly incentive packages for Counsel, frequent up date on advocacy generally should be encouraged and rewarded. Crimes increased because, there are no much vibrant lawyers at the ministry to handle serious cases with expertise.
The job is highly tasking. The office is made of 4 major departments.civil litigation department,director of public prosecution,legal drafting,estate.
Pros
Non
Cons
non
They lead by example, they provide a conducive working environment to work änd develop your skills and expertise .The right to make decisions and solve problems was given to employees. Excellent team work spirit was also found in the company
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Šhort break
Nigerian organization. Located in Lagos,. About 400 employees. Low Salary. Reported to the Attorney General. Learnt government administration and diplomacy
Working with the Ministry of Justice, has been a great experience for me, it's a place where work is easy, and team work is the main goal of the department.
Pros
Free training conducted by the company
Cons
Long hours, work loads
It's a nice place to work, friendly, lively, productive if everything are put in place. Increment in salary and catering for officers welfare. Rapid promotion as at when due.
Cons
Working as a state prosecutor was one of the most challenging phases of my career. Having worked with the Director of Public Prosecutor and the Attorney General, major obstacles faced was the slow judicial system which drags a case on for many months
Working at the ministry of justice gave me an opportunity to understand the need of being productive, and resourceful. Sharing ideas and being innovative
Cons
Short break, health care etc
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Ministry of Justice?
hardworking and business conscious co workers. Always having new things to learn, meeting new faces and solving there case.
Pros
lovely people and good team work
Cons
Short break
great place with a great boss and a great work environment for lawyers and paralegals.i loved going to aourt,making bail hearings
As a State Prosecutor or defence Counsel my schedule involved basically same as identified earlier in the first phrase of this preview. please see it.
Pros
meeting people
Cons
A typical day at work starts at 9am at your desk, you sign into the log book at the morning and before you leave work. Then begin reviewing the previous court judgements and sort paperworks. Report requested case files to my boss, attend court proceedings if I'm required to, take minutes and report that back to my boss as well. Co workers were friendly and easy to work with. The job in general wasnt harder than expected. Enjoyable part of the job was getting paid.
Cons
short breaks and health insurance.
A typical day at work is always stressful,either there is so many court sessions to attend or one assignment or the other to run.I learnt how to be punctual, how to do some legal drafting and how to conduct myself properly in a corporate environment.My co workers were very friendly and we worked as a team.The hardest part of my job was being punctual ,but im very proud of myself now because i learnt how to always be punctualThe most enjoyable part of my job was attending court sessions with my boss because i witnessed all i've been taught class ,and saw the practical aspect of my profession.
Pros
free launches