Microsoft
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

Microsoft Employee Reviews

Nigeria18 reviews
Great company to work for fast paced and exciting opportunities, fast at innovation with great solutions for meeting customers needs and delivering value to customers
Lovely palce to work, lots of exposure and push to succeed in career, work life balance greatly emphasized.
Global experience was clearly inherent and exposure to world class best practices.
At Microsoft it is seemless in delivery task with ease of productive resources to work with.A nice and fun place to work and upscale one skills.
Working at Microsoft is like being in an extended family and having than close unique bond.
Buen ambiente laboral, excelente equipo de trabajo
the management is not to good you really need to learn fast if not is going to be hard tools are good but training is not that good you really need to do research
A typical day at work involved reviewing data from sales team and a brainstorming session with the sales team.
Learnt- I learnt the importance of collaboration within a team

Management-Emotional intellegence is very important in the management of people.

The workplace culture encouraged collaboartion and innovation, which allowed us contribute ideas and provide crative solutions to everyday problems.

The hardest part of the job was execution and management of project risks.

The most enjoyable part was collaborating with colleagues to find lasting solutions to everyday problems.
Pros
Great free lunches
Cons
extra long hours
Microsoft helps bring out the best in you in terms of creativity and innovation. With a mix of highly intelligent colleagues and managers is a great place to start and grow your career.
Pros
Free Lunch ; Great team
Cons
Work never stops
I liked that I could work remotely once in a while..
My manager was great.

Some other managers were not.

working in a small subsidiary or as a contractor isn't secure.
operating culture is quiet intimidating especially from the management.
Strict about resumption especially Mondays, meetings are unending. I learnt about giving and reaching out to the deprived society while working microsoft.ff
Pros
free lunch, fruit, tea, gym
Being a Microsoft Student partner got me exposed to different Microsoft products and it gave me an avenue to learn,build and teach college students about Microsoft technologies and technology generally. It gave me opportunity to meet different developers across the world. Microsoft dream spark account made me have access to tools that I would not be bale to afford as a young developer.
Pros
Events
Microsoft is a very balanced organization where you work hard, but are also provided an enabling environment which ensures a work/life balance.

The company has a positive impact on a persons productivity as a result of the facilities and culture of the company.
Pros
Work-life Balance
Sincerely speaking, i really enjoyed my job with Microsoft corporation.they made provisions for all the necessary apparatus i needed to discharge my duties creditably well without any stress.i think best company i have ever worked with.
Pros
free snacks and coffee any time we had meetings
Cons
the welfarism of the their is very key to them
I enjoyed working at Microsoft Nigeria because of the diversity of cultures that join to form the company. my typical day at work was unpredictable and very challenging.

I found the staff really fun to work with because of different cultures cultures in the office. The only problem was that lunch was crazy because we had alot of staff asking for their own kinds of food, which we tried to accommodate as much as we can.

We had fun days like bring your child to school and dress down mondays, also every staff got a birthday cake on their birthday with a poem written by me of course.

Microsoft was indeed a wonderful place to work in.
Pros
Free Breakfast and Lunch, dress down mondays
Cons
healthcare system, unpaid overtime
As a Microsoft Student partner, you are an ambassador of Microsoft in your campus and you share knowledge with the student community at large!
I resume work 9am and settle down to check my itinerary for the day planning.

I have learnt a lot of values working for MSFT, I worked with the best team in the world which made me understand you can achieve a lot by been a good team mate.

I was a member of my local LT, every decision was subjected to criticism and aligned action points.

Again the best co-workers in the world.

The criticism can be extremely harsh but be rest assured it is never personal but business.

My colleagues, the meetings the strategy,
Pros
Free Lunches, New phone with every release
Cons
Leave & vacation always a tough negotiation
Very friendly environment. Excellent infrastructure, very strict on security guidelines. Friendly environment work place.
Waking up to work each day is fun. Faced with new challenges and the resources at your disposal to achieve success is the exciting part of my job. Collaboration with colleagues is very important as a team member. Hardest part is the ability to work with global colleagues across different time zones. Enjoying part of the job is the recognition you get when you achieve success and the incentives that comes with it
Pros
Free Lunch, Travels
Cons
Long hours of work when dealing with virtual global team
start by writing the work plan for the day and then immediately swing to action