McDonald's logo

McDonald's Employee Reviews for Manager

Work-Life Balance

Found 5,983 reviews matching the searchSee all 199,700 reviews

Make it a fun place

It is a very hard working job but you always have to take it easy and do your best to keep up with customer complaint. Train your employees as good as you can so that they can take of the business.

Fun

Very fun and exciting place of work. Flexible shifts & rotating hours. Great management and great place to meet new people. Customers are always lively.

Bad Franchisee Management

Working as a crew member, you could probably make it by. The pay isn't great but its fast food so you can't expect that much. You'll almost never be offered a promotion but have to ask instead. The lack of staff means almost anyone can become a manager causing the store to be ran terribly. Upper management expects you to bust your tail to make sure the store is staffed even if it means overtime. Managers are also expected to resolve issues that severely dampen efficiency because upper management won't pay for repairs on equipment.

Cons

Stressful

Everything sucked

Ive worked at many McDonald’s. Overnights mornings midsize everything in between. No matter where you work, it’s always just a McDonalds. Don’t work here please. If it’s the last option you have then be grateful you got it but immediately look for something else. McDonald’s has the worse respect for their workers that I have ever seen. Only good thing that came out of my choices at working at McDonald’s was my husband, turned out to be my grill cook and I never knew that I would find a good friend.

Pros

Coworkers

Ideal for younger workers

McDonalds provides excellent opportunities and experiences for younger workers, the hours are flexible and the pay is brilliant for those needing abit of money at college or university etc. The only fault in my opinion however is as you get older the pay can be beaten elsewhere and with progression you see a lot more pressure for not a lot more benefits.

Pros

Employee Discount, Flexible hours

Cons

Pay

Mcdonalds

working here is so much fun and I love the people I work with and I am happy coming into work. However some of the customers make my job a little harder the people around me make things go by fast and makes all the little things through out my shift seem like no big deal.

Pros

Flexible schedule for the most part, paid week vacation

Cons

short breaks, start pay sucks.

Low pay, no appreciation,

Pay is extremely low, the job is overwhelming with no support nor appreciating from management. Overworked and underpaid. Bosses always yelling or angry making it a stressful and toxic environment for everyone. No appreciation. They add more work without adding no extra pay.

Pros

Free lunch, flexible schedule

Cons

Low pay, stressful environment

Great for interacting with customers

All politics and the real workers who so all the work don't get enough recognition. No benefits and not enough salary increase for the amount of responsibilities you have as a Manager.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Short breaks or none, no benefits

Busy place to work at

A lot of the times we were short handed we couldnt keep employees, its a fast paced environment and you have to deall with a lot of customers managing wasnt always easy

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Stressfull, they have favorites

great place to work

great place to work especially for anyone starting a career must have great customer service and willing to work with the public flexible hour multiple location.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

great hours

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at McDonald's?

fun

had a great time working here because the people they love me and i love the people and cheeseburgers make me so happy and excited all the time when adding bacon especially

Bad job

Worst place to work in life is miserable, I would rather kick rocks than work here. Go out and sell crack for a living that working here, thought of killing myself everyday.

I loved working there

I honestly really liked working at McDonald’s. I was able to get promoted to crew trainer after six months and then to management after another six. I worked every available shift during my time there at some point but closing was the most fun. Being a manager was a lot of fun too, taking care of the balancing the safe, deposits, counting drawers, and petty cash encouraged me to move on to being a bank teller after leaving; something I never thought about prior to McDonald’s.

Pros

Free lunch for management, half off for crew, flexible hours and time off (one week paid for management)

Cons

Rude customers sometimes, very busy, not the best pay even for management

Little to no positives for working here.

Low pay, inflexible scheduling, no benefits, no sick leave. Numerous times I told management I could not work overnight shifts, only to be continuously scheduled for those shifts. I was also written up for staying home when I was sick.

Pros

Some tuition assistance

Cons

Low pay, no benefits, inflexible scheduling

Meal discounts

Poorly managed. Hard to use sick time you have earned. Too many close friends and family working together which shows favoritism. This place was high school all over again.

Cons

Not paid for all hours worked

Fun work place

The Hours here are always flexible the environment is very friendly and the managers was always nice and respectful and there is always work and guaranteed hours

Fast paced - can be stressful

Easy enough job, but lacks the staff resources to get the job done. It’s a balance between hitting labour and hitting targets. Which if you get easily stressed can be problematic

Pros

Few food. Flexible for crew members.

Cons

Can only take 3 weeks holiday when schools are off. Bad if you are a parent and a manager.

Soul Sucking Work Environment

Hated working here. managers have a superiority complex for some reason. I'm just glad that I got out there and found a much better place that pays more and actually respects me as an employee

Made bank

Pay was advertised as $12-$14 an hour. The most we were given was $11.50 an hour. Schedules were often messy and management treated the minors poorly. The location I worked at was entirely run by 16-18 year olds while the managers sat in the back office on their phones. When asking for help (we were often busy and understaffed), managers would simply nod and tell you to figure it out yourself. Easily the worst job I have ever had.

Pros

Made bank

Typical

Mcdonalds is as good as the area it’s in. The better the area the better the management and customers. Mcdonalds has immense room for improvement! Turn over is through the roof!

Pros

Flexible schedules

Cons

Low pay, stressful, horrible work atmosphere

McDonalds

Good company that allowed me to get a lot of hours and work multiple shifts. I had a good experience working there. The customers were a bit annoying though.

Pros

Good place

Cons

Customers

51.3K