McDonald's logo
McDonald's

McDonald's Employee Reviews for Fast Food Attendant

Work-Life Balance

Found 13,972 reviews matching the searchSee all 199,700 reviews

It is a great place for those who are looking for a first job. They are flexible in hours and accepts any who are willing to work hard in their company.

Pros

Free lunches and discounts

Cons

Intense working environment

Nice place to learn how to interact with people in a work setting

Nice place to learn how to interact with people in a work setting. The knowledge and opportunities gained there and what you get out of it is a reflection of you. Definitely a great place to get some work experience under your belt.

Pros

Lunch was free when I worked there.

Cons

It's McDonald's.

Stressful and poorly managed, some good people.

McDonalds is the worst pace I've worked at so far, I was treated poorly by customers, coworkers and management. Every time the owner came in people were afraid because of her callousness and tendency to ell about everything, sometimes even making my coworkers to quit or breakdown. Every shift people called in, Usually 2-3, along with how many people quit in the past few months the store is always short staffed. I was hired as part time and ended up working 50 hours some weeks when I was hired for 30 hours max. The training process was also highly stressful as my trainer skipped through videos and I was then put on a headset taking orders. The best part of this job was my coworkers as many were the same age as me and were very helpful and understanding in the many stressful situations we were put through.

Pros

Free Meal every time you clock in

Cons

Poor management, dirty working conditions, rude customers, missing checks, hours are either 15 or 55.

Unfair workplace, poor management

At first my availability was fine and I was well kept in between those hours, but as time progressed I changed my availability to 11a-1a and was constantly scheduled at 6am after getting off at 2am the night before. My complaints were never listened to and I was punished for refusing to come in outside of my availability. I am held to a higher standard and required to do so much more than everyone else, for no apparent reason. I was penalized for saying that everyone should be doing their fair share of work, and I shouldn’t be doing everything. Favoritism lives here.

Pros

free meals after a shift

Cons

short breaks, poor management, unfairness

Fun place to work

Fun place to work, but could be stressful when dealing with customers. Good first job and very easy to learn what to do. Pay is okay (not minimum wage).

Pros

Free food

Cons

Pay

Good place to start

The only downside I would put for working at McDonald’s is some of the people you will have to deal with. Besides that this is a great place to work. Would recommend.

Pros

Good atmosphere, Solid pay, Great staff, flexible hours

Cons

Some mean customers

Very busy and lonely

Good for people who want to gain experience and to get some money, but also not good to stay here for a long time. Management is not good, favoritism was a big thing and managers were always talking badly about everyone.

They don’t care about you as a person, and to keep the restaurant afloat you have to take over everyone else’s job. They’re lazy and don’t care. They slack off and hardly clean

Lack of people puts stress on others (way too reliable)

Way to reliable on 2 workers out of the many that work here. Try to get you to stay even though you are begging to leave. Not flexible on schedule, very demanding. Lots of favoritism

Pros

Free food

Cons

Not flexible on schedule, over worked, taken advantage of

Stressful and poor pay

Management only care about how much money they’re making. Work you for 7 hours into an 8 hour shift and then get your break. Constantly being blamed and pressured if you’re still learning something and are slightly slow. Don’t bother if you want something chilled or good management.

Pros

Free Food on shift, can make friends

Cons

Long hours, low pay, management, flexibility, overworked

Most of the chain restaurants are garbage

Please read. I’ve been working at Micky Ds for almost 2 yrs. yes I have tried to find a job but most are out of my area. Almost 20-40 away from where I live which isn’t convenient for my outside-life. First and foremost, it’s a quick pace environment which I love bc time goes by faster and I like knowing I can handle things even at that pace. BUT they pay you terribly and treat you as such. Managers aren’t deserving for their positions. I’ve been working for a long time and have soaked up so much knowledge that most managers don’t know how to perform certain actions which I have taught them time and again. People get promoted to manager based on whether they’ve known you or if they like you. If you’re “cool” as in talk about how much you take acid and talk behind other people’s backs, they’ll promote you. I’ve taught some new manager how to perform his duties which he’s only been working their for 3-4 months when he got the position. Your pay “raise” isn’t based on how well you do or progress. Let’s say you and coworker (A) both have worked the job for the same amount of time. Coworker (A) does bare minimum and slacks off to talk and joke with the managers. And you are consistently helping others, teaching the trainees when you aren’t even a crew trainer as well as doing your job with the utmost quickness while maintaining quality work. Pay raise comes, coworker (A) gets .15 raise, you get a .15 raise. (Yes I have asked for a new position and they kept giving me the runaround) They will never admit to you doing a good job and ever care. I’ve had coworker compliment several times -

Pros

50% off meals before, during, or after your shift

Cons

No promised break, no growth, management:bad, pay increase:insulting, constantly yelling at u 2 pick up pace when they r on their phones talk to their favorites, possible drama, complaints abt work r overlooked

Its ok

Dont look into bullying as much as they shouldn't. Mental health isn't looked into of the employees by the higher management which should be considered as their welfare comes first

Pros

Free meal

Cons

Mental health isnt consodered

No Just No

I have worked for a year and its not it. We are always understaff. They hire to many minors that now we don't have anyone for lunch rush or dinner. They truly do not care about your availability they will schedule you anyway and then get mad when you can't come in that day that you asked off.

Pros

Discounted Lunch

Cons

Won't give you availability, Stressful for no reason

Bad management

It was terrible. The management was bad. No one knew HR's number and the customers had no respect. I felt stressed and our management is underpaid. I wish they would talk to us and try to understand how we could make this place a better work environment.

Pros

Free Food

Cons

Terrible work environment

Stressful but worth it

The work is always stressful and tiring but I think that’s par for the course when it comes to fast food jobs. Customers are sometimes crazy but that can’t be helped. Honestly it really depends on the other workers, if there’s good people you’ll have a good time.

An okay place to work

The interview process was straight forward, work environment was hot and fast, though most managers were compassionate if you really needed 5 mins. Overall pretty okay but definitely depends which store you're in.

Pros

Flexible hours, mostly helpful colleagues

Cons

Low pay, fast pace work

Fun workplace nice people

Working at McDonald’s was crazy honestly from the cool managers to the people stealing out of registers it was very much hectic but the pay was decent at the time $15 a hr so I didn’t mind

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Always working

w Morgan st is trash

Don’t bother working here. pay is trash. customers are pretty great. employees are great. management is pure trash. you’d be better off just ordering from here than stepping foot behind that counter

Pros

Free food only under $7

Cons

roaches. constantly running out stuff. short breaks. mediocre pay

Crew

Not the best place to work at good starter though. mamager wasnt the best. Didnt really care about your hours just gave you whatever she wanted too. The company was good.

Easy

The scheduling is very flexible. In my opinion, fast food is hard. McDonald’s makes things laid back along with getting the job done. Sometimes you will have managers who are in a bad mood, but they usually are pulled aside by our general manager.

Pros

Flexible scheduling, Paid Vacation, College Benefits

Co-workers Are fun. Work wears on mental health

Co-workers are fun and make it enjoyable to work there. But the job is demanding of your mental health with having to deal with the customers, busy rushes, etc. If you can handle stressful situations and angry customers well then you'll be fine. But if that's something you have a hard time with, you'll only want to do it for a year or two

Pros

Flexable hours

Cons

Sometimes you'll get breaks late, miss breaks sometimes

51.3K