Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 23 reviews matching the search See all 18,285 reviews
Good service delivery
Head storeman (Current Employee) –  LagosAugust 18, 2018
8 hours of work
ways to meet and exceed guest expetations
management was great
healthy environs for associates and guest
poor salary
doing things right
Pros
free lunches
Cons
extra hours
hotel exprience
Secretary to Executive Chef/Chefs Supervisor (Current Employee) –  lagos NigeriaJune 19, 2018
A typical day is a day when you have like 500 guest to cover in the banquet function, and they would like to take their meal in the restaurant.

in m years of working here I learnt how to mange people and cope with there excess

my management, a great team player

the hardest part of the job is when you have to work in a section which is really not your filed
Free lunch
ROOM STEWARD (Former Employee) –  LAGOS NIGERIAMay 12, 2018
Beautiful hotel of 94 r00ms with 67 standard rooms and 11 suits with 9 delux rooms. A beautiful place to be and enjoy your relaxation come one come all
Flexible hours
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  san anMarch 26, 2018
Working at the Marriott is a fun but slow paced job. You meet all kinds of different people, some on vacation some regulars coming in for work. You learn so much about how the hotel works that you never would of before.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Slow paced
Muy bueno ambiente de trabajo
Auxiliar de bodega (Former Employee) –  Area de embalajeFebruary 7, 2018
Buena empresa que te deja superar profesionalmente
Pros
Todos los beneficios de ley
Cons
Ninguna
My typical day at work
Sales Representatives (Former Employee) –  LagosJanuary 3, 2018
In lieu to the post applied for ,I hereby wish to state my typical work routine . my typical work day starts by 8am in the morning and I close by 4pm I assume work by cleaning up the goods and furnitures and we are about 5 sale staffs and there is a peaceful co-existence among the staffs and the management which is the !most enjoyable part of the job
Pros
Free launch and Break time
Cons
Insurance, health care and Break time
Productive and Fun Workplace
Front Office Shift Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Front Desk Supervisor. Akwa Ibom State, NigeriaNovember 7, 2017
A typical day at work is always interesting.
I meet at least one new guest almost everyday.
Understanding each guest is one thing i have learnt over the years. Each guest has his/her uniqueness and a way i can meet their needs.
I have been opportune to interacts and make decisions which the management and the managment listens to staff opinion. Responsibilities assigned to me have always been successful with the motivation i get from the management team. e.g I was made the Ambassador for Check out for Children - UNICEF and am counting 5 Years now.

We simply love Arts.Art is our culture so you are bound to encounter Wlots of artwork when you stay with us. waking up to the best Golf Course ,lovely illy Coffee, a different eye opener every day at Breakfast, our live station which will delight your taste buds any day anytime @our Vista Restaurant during Lunch/Dinner, our Happy hour just for you to enjoy 50% discount on drinks [buy one get one free] Everyday 6pm-7pm and Our kids summer/festive holiday experience is enough reason to embrace the culture and serenity of the pride of Ibom.

The hardest part of the Job is the training of new staff on the Job, which requires lots of time and energy. Everyone has a learning style. Training employees according to their learning styles is the part that is hard.

The most enjoyable part of the my job is seeing my happy loyal guests return and also celebrating departmental / property success.
Pros
Free transportation, one free meal during your shift
Cons
no overtime allowance
Good and tidy environments
ROOM ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Lagos StateOctober 2, 2017
Happy working in the hotel everyday,
Learned to be friendly with all guest no matter there race,
The management is highly superb
Attending to all guest always make me happy
Ambiente de trabajo dinamico y ameno excelente trabajo en equipo
Auxiliar de Cocina. Pasteleria JW (Former Employee) –  Atudante de pasteleríaSeptember 22, 2017
Trabajar en una gran familia. Hotel que mantiene un alto estándar. Se aprende de todas las áreas. Cocina fría. Caliente. Pastelería. Banquete. Sushi cafetería. Un gran aprendizaje en general
Pros
Excelente espiritu de trabajo y dinamismo
Cons
La situacion del pais.afecta la productividad en general
summary
Food and Beverage supervisor (Former Employee) –  NigeriaJuly 7, 2017
Le Meridien is in my home country and my first job, was nice working with company with a lot training.
And they also transfer me to Dubai where i work today.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
sales
Service attendant (Former Employee) –  LagosFebruary 16, 2017
They have a good pay for staffs, and they place heavy priority on training and development.
Where I will like to see them improve on is to reduce bureaucracy and speed up there decision making process
its been a wonderful experince all the way
Reservations Agent (Current Employee) –  Port HarcourtJanuary 15, 2017
the work environment is very conducive, the management does so well in terms of trainings and development of the associates.
Very Strong organisation and admirable working culture
Accounts Officer (Former Employee) –  Abuja NigeriaJanuary 28, 2016
the Management was doing very well both in profit maximization and in creating good working environment for staffers.

I would like to work with them any day any time and i was able to learned much in my career.

They are professionals and expert in hotel management with dept international value.
Pros
Free training and career advancement
Cons
Negative government policies affected them
A good place to garner experience
NIGHT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Port harcourtJuly 10, 2015
I learned how to work under pressure and alone, also mastered the use of fidelio and opera. The hotel is managed by starwood and helps chart the my professional course.
The hotel does a lot of trainings which is what i liked the most as it helped me build my capacity and rose quickly in the industry
Dynamic Company
Boris Bornman General Manager, Sheraton Abuja (Current Employee) –  Sheraton, Abuja, NigeriaApril 2, 2015
World Class Hospitality Management company, one of the best companies in the world to work for, extremely innovative and focused on success in all areas - Owners, Guests and Staff
Pros
Training
effective
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  NigeriaOctober 18, 2014
Identifying a customer’s individual needs.
Dealing with challenges.
Able to handle complaints and difficult situations.
Can work with minimal supervision.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
The best place to work for the starters.
WAITER (Former Employee) –  NigeriaSeptember 20, 2014
At work is always a team work for a collective success with a lot of good and quality trainings to maintain a good standard of 5 star hotel by professional management team.

At work with my colleagues is always like family compound NO discrimination or nationality barriers, infact we could be speaking in other languages as if we are from the same country.

The most enjoyable part of the job is during WOW celebration on every 1st Wednesday of the month to celebrate and encourage some notable colleagues who have been recognised by our guests or the WOW Celebration committee.
Pros
Welfarism
Cons
NO pay if there is no notification for your absenteeism.
Service gericht
Executieve assistente van de General Manager (Former Employee) –  kantoor op de begaande grondSeptember 6, 2014
Een typische dag op mijn werk :

E-mails beantwoorden / telefoon beheeren , mijn gasten persoonlijk te woord staan met hun vragen en/of klachten
het oplossen van klachten. Alle bijkomende administratieve werkzaamheden en vooral een goede sfeer.

Wat ik geleerd heb:

Is geduld, begrip , opgedaane mensenkennis
ik heb tevens geleerd dat je je in andersman situatie moet kunnen verplaatsen, dit geef je de kans om een blik te nemen in hoe een individu denkt en wat hun verwachtingen zijn op het moment waarin zij jouw benaderen met een verzoek / klachten.

Directie: de beste

Mijn collega's:

Het is altijd 50% je moet kunnen geven en nemen
je kan zelf de sfeer bepalen, ik heb het altijd goed gehad met mijn collega's. Ik ben collegiaal.

Het moeilijkste van de baan:

is meestal in het begin als je bij een nieuwe werkgever binnen komt, kom je als een witte canvas binnen
en stukjes bij beetje moet je die kleur gaan geven, het is een
uitdaging waar ik geen moeite mee hebt.

Het leukste van de baan :

Is de collega's ,je bent 8 uur per dag gemiddel met je collega's op werk en heb soms een hechtiger band met hun dan als met je naaste familie. met dat gezegt te hebben, hou ik van mijn werk en bezig te zijn met nieuwe dingen/uitdagingen.
Pros
Ontbijt en lunch werden gratis verzorged
Cons
geen
ambiente de trabajo productivo
Encargada de Area (Former Employee) –  Salon de juegos, entretenimientoFebruary 13, 2014
llegar puntual al trabajo, revisar los pendientes, organizar el personal dividir el trabajo, aprendes a ser tolerante, organizada, flexible, era un salon de juegos dentro del hotel marriot, lo dificil del trabajo es que los clientes nunca son igual todos los clientes piden algo diferente y debes complacer sus necesidades por que estan pagando el servicio, lo dificil es saber lidiar con ellos y que se vayan satisfechos, lo que mas me gusto es que aprendi a ser responsable tolerante y conocer cada tipo de personas
Pros
seguro medico
Cons
no hay descanzo
kitchen chef
very good hotel (Current Employee) –  chef de partieOctober 6, 2013
Team night day and learn mour managing power management is very good team member all very good co operative nothing the hardest part of my job most enjoyable in working banquet time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott International, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

58.4K