Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

A very productive and involving working place with a lot of policy & politics
Every day at our property is full of activities and work load. from our local property responsibility to the head office duties. loads of training and online task to be done with target. lots of documentation and follow up is the routine of the job.
I'm really energetic and a great communicator.
I consider myself hardworking, dependable and can be counted upon finish what I start. I'm reliable, dependable, helpful, outgoing, organized, honest,
Bueno porque se que la empresa es Excelente
Hate todo tener pasion
Comprometerme

Positivo

Tener un excelente liderasgo

Trabajo en equipo

Verme bien sonrreir saludar

Asumir la responsabilidad

Etc.
Greeting visitors and determined their requirements
Answering phone, determined caller’s needs and routed to the appropriate person/department and Greeting visitors and determined their requirements. Maintaining files and reservation schedule Assisting in the execution of special projects
Good service delivery
8 hours of work
ways to meet and exceed guest expetations

management was great

healthy environs for associates and guest

poor salary

doing things right
Pros
free lunches
Cons
extra hours
hotel exprience
A typical day is a day when you have like 500 guest to cover in the banquet function, and they would like to take their meal in the restaurant.

in m years of working here I learnt how to mange people and cope with there excess

my management, a great team player

the hardest part of the job is when you have to work in a section which is really not your filed
Free lunch
Beautiful hotel of 94 r00ms with 67 standard rooms and 11 suits with 9 delux rooms. A beautiful place to be and enjoy your relaxation come one come all
Flexible hours
Working at the Marriott is a fun but slow paced job. You meet all kinds of different people, some on vacation some regulars coming in for work. You learn so much about how the hotel works that you never would of before.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Slow paced
Muy bueno ambiente de trabajo
Buena empresa que te deja superar profesionalmente
Pros
Todos los beneficios de ley
Cons
Ninguna
My typical day at work
In lieu to the post applied for ,I hereby wish to state my typical work routine . my typical work day starts by 8am in the morning and I close by 4pm I assume work by cleaning up the goods and furnitures and we are about 5 sale staffs and there is a peaceful co-existence among the staffs and the management which is the !most enjoyable part of the job
Pros
Free launch and Break time
Cons
Insurance, health care and Break time
Productive and Fun Workplace
A typical day at work is always interesting.
I meet at least one new guest almost everyday.

Understanding each guest is one thing i have learnt over the years. Each guest has his/her uniqueness and a way i can meet their needs.

I have been opportune to interacts and make decisions which the management and the managment listens to staff opinion. Responsibilities assigned to me have always been successful with the motivation i get from the management team. e.g I was made the Ambassador for Check out for Children - UNICEF and am counting 5 Years now.

We simply love Arts.Art is our culture so you are bound to encounter Wlots of artwork when you stay with us. waking up to the best Golf Course ,lovely illy Coffee, a different eye opener every day at Breakfast, our live station which will delight your taste buds any day anytime @our Vista Restaurant during Lunch/Dinner, our Happy hour just for you to enjoy 50% discount on drinks [buy one get one free] Everyday 6pm-7pm and Our kids summer/festive holiday experience is enough reason to embrace the culture and serenity of the pride of Ibom.

The hardest part of the Job is the training of new staff on the Job, which requires lots of time and energy. Everyone has a learning style. Training employees according to their learning styles is the part that is hard.

The most enjoyable part of the my job is seeing my happy loyal guests return and also celebrating departmental / property success.
Pros
Free transportation, one free meal during your shift
Cons
no overtime allowance
Good and tidy environments
Happy working in the hotel everyday,
Learned to be friendly with all guest no matter there race,

The management is highly superb

Attending to all guest always make me happy
Ambiente de trabajo dinamico y ameno excelente trabajo en equipo
Trabajar en una gran familia. Hotel que mantiene un alto estándar. Se aprende de todas las áreas. Cocina fría. Caliente. Pastelería. Banquete. Sushi cafetería. Un gran aprendizaje en general
Pros
Excelente espiritu de trabajo y dinamismo
Cons
La situacion del pais.afecta la productividad en general
summary
Le Meridien is in my home country and my first job, was nice working with company with a lot training.
And they also transfer me to Dubai where i work today.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
sales
They have a good pay for staffs, and they place heavy priority on training and development.
Where I will like to see them improve on is to reduce bureaucracy and speed up there decision making process
its been a wonderful experince all the way
the work environment is very conducive, the management does so well in terms of trainings and development of the associates.
Very Strong organisation and admirable working culture
the Management was doing very well both in profit maximization and in creating good working environment for staffers.

I would like to work with them any day any time and i was able to learned much in my career.

They are professionals and expert in hotel management with dept international value.
Pros
Free training and career advancement
Cons
Negative government policies affected them
A good place to garner experience
I learned how to work under pressure and alone, also mastered the use of fidelio and opera. The hotel is managed by starwood and helps chart the my professional course.
The hotel does a lot of trainings which is what i liked the most as it helped me build my capacity and rose quickly in the industry
Dynamic Company
World Class Hospitality Management company, one of the best companies in the world to work for, extremely innovative and focused on success in all areas - Owners, Guests and Staff
Pros
Training
effective
Identifying a customer’s individual needs.
Dealing with challenges.

Able to handle complaints and difficult situations.

Can work with minimal supervision.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
The best place to work for the starters.
At work is always a team work for a collective success with a lot of good and quality trainings to maintain a good standard of 5 star hotel by professional management team.

At work with my colleagues is always like family compound NO discrimination or nationality barriers, infact we could be speaking in other languages as if we are from the same country.

The most enjoyable part of the job is during WOW celebration on every 1st Wednesday of the month to celebrate and encourage some notable colleagues who have been recognised by our guests or the WOW Celebration committee.
Pros
Welfarism
Cons
NO pay if there is no notification for your absenteeism.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott International, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.
9.5K