Lagos Business School

Lagos Business School Employee Reviews

Eye opening and completely germane to my professional formation, meeting people from different spheres of life was really i informative to me, the entire work space was culturally ready for work
Lagos Business School provided me an opportunity to grow professionally. I was exposed to a great work culture and values. Lagos Business School preaches ethics and lives it.
The opportunities to learn from institution is endless. From the experienced co workers in the admin department, to the internationally-accredited professors leading the teaching, there is always something new to gleam from each interaction.
The atmosphere for work is wquite productive and inspiring. The organisation foster international collaboration with other institutions in the world. The mentorship structure has really helped to keep me on track.
Great place to start learning about research, the Nigerian business environment, and lots of great networking opportunities. Variety of challenging tasks is great.
Always excited to start a new week at work, friendly and professional environment. Always a new task every day. On the job and off-the-job training. There is always room for self development
Review emails and set out work for the day. Learnt about managing databases.Workplace culture thrives on continuous learning. The hardest part of the job was getting accurate and updated data on alumni. The most enjoyable part of the job were the social events with the alumni.
Pros
Networking opportunities
Cons
A friendly environment that tries to ensure work/life balance. The most enjoyable part of my job is that fact that I am not micro-managed and I am free to use my initiative and be creative. I have learned to be accountable and take 100% ownership of my job.
Wonderful work environment, friendly and fun.very ethical and sports with recreation available. best place i worked in my career. excellent work culture. Management listened to the staff.
Pros
subsidized lunch, regular training and development; health care, relaxation spot and chaple.
My typical day at work in LBS is fun, tasking, and challenging. I learnt a lot about Customer service, System and network administration in fast paced environment like LBS. I'm opportune to work with a well disciplined boss who is deeply rooted in IT systems and infrastructure. My co-workers are always supportive and challenges me to learn more. Hardest, but better expressed as most challenging part of the job is sometimes, I find myself doing the job of two or three people alone, thereby multitasking effectively, as well as fast decision making during critical situations. Most enjoyable part of the ease to delegate and supervise my subordinates in order to get a job done quickly. I enjoy being around my colleagues in LBS, and also rewarding to know that I'm part of lovely community where love, professionalism and ethics is being preached, taught and practiced.
Pros
Free meals at staff Cocktail and monthly birthday parties
Cons
Long hours of work
Relaxed work environment, highly organized and efficient staff. I learnt about phone ethics and learnt a lot about the intricacies of managing a large institution of learning while working with the quality control team.
A typical day in LBS as it is popularly called starts at 8:30am, in my own case it starts by 8:00 am or 9:00am depending on what shift I'm on and starts with the setting up of a plasma display board that displays the programs for the day as well as other LBS adverts, then the starting of my computer and so my day at work begins. As a communication officer I am the voice of my organization. Anybody who wants to get information about LBS gets hear my voice first before anyone else, so it is very important that I not only sound my best but also feel my best so that when the client hears it it puts a smile on his/her face and therefore brightens their day. The objective: To give the customer the "wow" experience even when they can't see your face. In my job, apart from receiving and making calls, reports have to be compiled and submitted on deadlines, bills need to be paid on time to ensure the lines are functional, staff complaints have to be attended to, messages have to be ensured that they get to the receiver on time, etc. so time management especially in the area of prioritizing is very important so that I don't get overwhelmed by the job. In LBS everybody sees the next person as an equally key role player of the LBS community and as result of this, there is mutual respect amongst staff. The hardest part of the job is when I am trying to juggle between receiving and making a call at the same time and the phones are ringing all around you, believe me it can be such a nightmare. But then after all is said and done, when people compliment you on a job well done you tend - more...
Pros
Sharing of gift during the christmas season and the bithday parties every month
Cons
You work your money's worth if not more