LafargeHolcim

LafargeHolcim Employee Reviews

Great 👍place to work . A world class organisation with strong interest in employees growth. Highly rewarding and performance focused. Lafarge is noted for safety and security. This core value along with integrity Must not be compromised
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Training
They believe In safety first and an atmosphere for condusive environment. They treat their workers well with lots of bonuses and packages. Lafarge, without exaggerating is the best cement production industry in Nigeria.
Pros
Free Lunch, Holiday packages
Cons
Free health care, short holiday
first is all about the characters of the teams we are working together, and the can of people we are working, and know how to do with theme, working
Pros
yes free lunch
Cons
we take two hour break
The best benefit a person can get from a company is carrer building and growth. LH has a solid program at all level for progressive career building especially for young new Comer's. Second biggest advantage is collibaration at international level enabling one for learning new and best performance improvement strategies.
Pros
Learning and development.
Cons
Region specific budget constraints.
Working for Lafarge in many different countries, has given me the opportunity to see Lafarge build a strong sense of safety culture in projects over the years. I believe that if you take care of your project teams and they will deliever a safe project, but if make your teams life difficult without a sense of security how will we be able to give our hundred percent if are continously worried about expressing our selves or afraid of losing our jobs security.
Pros
free housing and lunches
Cons
i had to use my own salary to buy my own food
I didn't see anything hard in that company everything move smooth and easy, to be frank the job is an adequate job for someone to cop with. In this company they produce cement and other things.
The management team of Lafarge Nigeria does not value young and promising employees who contribute greatly to the development of the organization. Promotions come with godfatherism and eye-service
Good work environment and best training. Health and Safety is priority as well as self paced development. Opportunity to grow with the company over the years.
Pros
Free lunch and Training
Cons
Long hours and demanding task
I served there for my NYSC and it was an amazing experience. Good staff, ever buzzing environment, splendid managers and more. Left at the end of my service and had no regret. Thank you Lafarge Africa Plc
Lafargeholcim renumeration package is very competitive with other companies in the locality. Everyday at work is a learning experience with a lot of coaching resources. However, work life balance is very poor as there's little resting period.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at LafargeHolcim?
Fast paced working environment but definitely a good place to be. For field workers, it involves working with huge plant equipment and machinery. Work-life balance fair.
As it is with Sales Job, there where target and motivation drive to achieve. Thereafter, awards of Excellence to ones who met target. Yet again, it was a great time working there
scanning officer is productive with a good- working and condusive enviroment.This role or position is aimed at imputing and scanning of document ( proof of delivery ) for future reference.
Working at Lafarge Africa is enjoyable, creative and also tasking. There is daily performance targets and corresponding daily performance form to fill. There is also weekly report to be submitted to a Field Sales Manager. In order to convince an Individual Home Builder, Site Engineer or Developer to buy our brand of cement, one must be skilled in salesmanship in addition to my core area of expertise
Pros
Bonus for meeting target
Cons
Medical healthcare insurance
Lafarge is a company where cement is been produced and it has a very big environment with different department is a place for upcoming to spend time to achieved they are goals
LafargeHolcim is the leading global building materials and solutions company serving masons, builders, architects and engineers all over the world. Our operations produce cement, aggregates and ready-mix concrete which are used in building projects ranging from affordable housing and small, local projects to the biggest, most technically and architecturally challenging infrastructure projects. As urbanization increasingly impacts people and the planet, we provide innovative products and building solutions with a clear commitment to social and environmental sustainability. LafargeHolcim is the global leader in building materials and solutions. We are active in four business segments: Cement, Aggregates, Ready-Mix Concrete and Solutions & Products. With leading positions in all regions of the world and a balanced portfolio between developing and mature markets, LafargeHolcim offers a broad range of high-quality building materials and solutions. LafargeHolcim experts solve the challenges that customers face around the world, whether they are building individual homes or major infrastructure projects. Demand for LafargeHolcim materials and solutions is driven by global population growth, urbanization, improved living standards and sustainable construction. Around 75,000 people work for the company in around 80 countries. Advancing in the use of alternative fuels to control CO2 emission.
Its such a great feeling to be a part of this wonderful family of Lafargeholcim. A place with exceptional workplace culture, this is one of the rarest place of work in Lagos Nigeria where your grey or white hair dont matter, neither does your appointment. So long as it comes to work and achieving a common goal, we all get together leaving behind the difference in ethnic group, culture and attitude and embrace the Lafargeholcim culture of CRISP...
Pros
Training of staffs and workers
Lafarge is a safe workplace with high value of employees welfare, health and safety but they focus level on employee development but promotion can never been earn based on competency which makes most valuable employees of Lafarge to leave because of inability to be recognized for his/her contribution.
Frivolous changes Toxic Culture Lack of transparency Honestly, I just couldn't wait to leave the company. I had never seen anything like it before.
There is a high correlation between how good your are and what you learn. The more knowledgeable you are, the more you are moved ((in)formally ) to other units.
Lafarge is a professional company focus on CSR , career development of employees. There is a one-to -one discussions with N+1 that helps to discuss about the career planning and support from the N+1,also gives a chance to get the feedback on performance the work place is stressfull due to its demand, but it is enjoyable. The working hours are flexible
Pros
better salary, good CSR
Cons
No job security, Weak HR
  1. Employee Reviews