Jumia

Jumia Employee Reviews

Jumia is a place whereby you work tiredlesly and still get fired for no reasons .they hereby favour those who they like .there are some bad boss mixed with the goods ones
Pros
Non
Cons
Short break, Overtime
A conducive working and learning environment, fast paced duties, efficient networking system between workers/colleagues, customer satisfaction is priority. Chance for improvement stern Supervision
Pros
Free wifi
Cons
Low days off
It's a great experience working with jumia. Thought i gain a lot of skills in both marketing and sales representative. As to say I really have a good time working there.
Pros
No free foods
Cons
If you're passionate about bringing change to a region that deserves it and changing people's lives across Africa through the internet, Jumia is the place to be. You will grow alongside seasoned professionals that will always make you want to do better. You'll take risks and try new ideas on daily basis.
During my stay in Jumia, I learnt a great deal of skills ranging form time management, collaboration and improved Emotional intelligence. The work culture was easy to blend into.
Poor management. The company culture is toxic and needs a complete overhaul. Employees are not valued and are seen as disposable assets. If the work culture is changed, Jumia has a massive potential. Overall, the work is challenging and interesting. The only problem is the management.
A busy but fun and enjoyable day at work always. Working and interacting with professionals from other fields,countries in a fast paced and pace setter company in the E-commerce industry.
The work is demanding which require mobility. From one point to another, I have garnered enough experience that will propel me for greater height. The jumia experience is unique in the sense that it afford me to learn new things.Discipline,punctuality and professionalism is the benchmark for working in such lofty establishment and jumia have taught those values attached with it
Pros
Free lunch
A youth driven e-commerce omni-channel space . I enjoyed working in this company and it was fun till my last day. Looking to learn? Jumia is the right place for you.
Pros
Good pay as per country you work in, Good reviews by Managers ( every 3 months )
Cons
Though still just 7 years old, tools provided in the warehouse aint sufficient. You have to be creative.
Jumia is the largest online mall that allows individuals to creat or build their own store, also allows you to sell any type of items and make much profit
Pros
Weekly training of vendors
You work harder to meet up your target for each month to get the required commission.. If a product is damaged during delivery, the company gives the customer a 7days return form The sales consultant see through it that the clients fill and submit the return form, the company will get back to you
The way the offices are set up makes working at Jumia a productive, conducive and fun place to work at. Employees at Jumia are like a family, everyone is willing to help in resolving issues.
Well life in Jumia is fair but very sensetive , caution and awareness . Salary is very poor and unsatisfactory, they hours of working is long but poor payment.
Pros
Yea
Cons
The job was very demanding and pressurising.. But as an individual who works under pressure I was able to pass through the hurdles and the demanding nature of the job. The use of the Microsoft Excel skill was profitable in handling items.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long work hours and less sleep
the job is not strenuous at all.the management and fun to work with and patient with its workers, free gift and rewards at the end of the year as an appreciation for our good works
Pros
free launch, work break etc
Cons
healthcare, free product
Jumia Nigeria is a very remarkable organisation to work with. My communication skills improved immensely by working here. I was also about to working on my ability to convince customers to purchase item. Overall i would say the only problem i had with the organisation was advancement and this is as a result of the companys structure.
Pros
Subsidies lunch
Cons
It is often about scheduling daily tasks, meeting prospective clients and addressing clients' concerns and boosting team's morale.
Pros
Risk and profit sharing
Cons
Little job insurance
Every morning i make sure i follow up on yesterday activities at all pickup centers. I send out daily report on packages and Queue monitoring emails. Making sure that every package was attempted and every end of day report are sent. With the Jovago Cash Pickup, i plan every route and contact the respective hub to ensure a successfully cash pickup. I learned that for every excuse there is a solution. that means excuses are not acceptable, The job most get done. Hardest part is that their are no Holidays. The most enjoyable part is that there is always something to do, there are a lot of competitions out there and for Jumia/AIGX to stand out. We have to always be 10 steps ahead and never behind. Bringing new ideas and innovation. My colleague are a great bunch of people to work with. We might not see eye to eye on everything but we work together to achieve one goal. (moving the company forward). I think most of them might not be happy with me, because am always making sure that nothing is neglected or left undone.
Pros
I always learn something different everyday