International Rescue Committee

International Rescue Committee Employee Reviews

I happy to hear about job opportunities with this NGO I have confidence to be among special people of international rescue committee and I will expect to my feedback sooner or later on time.
Pros
Good enough
Cons
Respect Time
Working at IRC is interesting, however the management approach adopted by the management in Nigeria did not allow for growth. There is no blending between local staff and expatriate in the relationship for work culture.
Working with IRC have thought me lots of experiences as we do on the job trainings,even thought it is said nothing good comes easy,one must undergo stress or being stressed at workplace but they have provided a time for break,during this time one may relax,refresh and get ready for the second quarter of work. They have trained me dress culture. howdress..Thedrmosenjoyable part of
ICR is a place where your opinion is heard and management cares for the staff's thoughts and ideas. There are great benefits at the International Rescue Committee. The ICR will continue to work by respond to some of the world worst crisis , delivering aid that serves lives paving the way for long term recovery.Will continue to serve people whose their lives have been upended by war conflicts and natural disasters.It's will continue to work in the countries,where people don't have,the support they need to recover the crisis.To respond as quickly as much by helping countries stabilize and people rebuild their lives
This is indeed a rescue committee it is well organized and has a comfortable management,it working strategies toward achieving its goal is good and I will rate it a hundred percent.
my typical day start with to-do list and review of pending job, i learned the redument of supply chain/procurement with little or no supervision as a pioneer staff in IRC Yobe base office,I have managed 4 drivers, Building team work is one of the hardest part of the Job,through staff cohesion,looking at individual background,religion,tribe,creed,education and Religion
Working with International Rescue Committee (IRC) made me widen my experience in INGO and humanitarian services as well as build my carrier. When it comes to working environment they are one of the best i have ever experience.
Good
Cons
Access to healthcare services
Also looking forward to each day as it comes with it challenges, i learnt a lot of things like team playing, time management, multi tasking, different cultures, commitment and dedication and selflessness.
Pros
monthly happy hour
Cons
no recreational facility
work is 8 hours daily with a one hour break, learned alot and had to learn to be more patient because of the high demand to work with different types of people with different personalities. Leader is great, learnt a great deal from my supervisor. the most enjoyable part of my job was working with IDPs, its touching when i reach out to them and see that my work can give them hope to live again and get back on their feet again. Hardest part of my work was seeing a child die due to hunger or sickness.
a typical day at work starts with briefing and sharing of work plan by staffs and movement to different operational areas to document cases and raise awareness on GBV. referral of cases and follow-up conduct Counseling and entrepreneur skills for women and girls.
Pros
capacity building (International trainings)
Cons
Short leave days.