International Rescue Committee Employee Reviews

Productive work place ,explore market ,vendor sourcing,Bid analysis review,procurement plan review.
Procurement Officer (Current Employee) –  Damaturu,Yobe State,NigeriaMay 23, 2019
my typical day start with to-do list and review of pending job, i learned the redument of supply chain/procurement with little or no supervision as a pioneer staff in IRC Yobe base office,I have managed 4 drivers,

Building team work is one of the hardest part of the Job,through staff cohesion,looking at individual background,religion,tribe,creed,education and Religion
Carrier building
HR/Admin Intern (Former Employee) –  MaiduguriJanuary 25, 2019
Working with International Rescue Committee (IRC) made me widen my experience in INGO and humanitarian services as well as build my carrier. When it comes to working environment they are one of the best i have ever experience.
Good
Cons
Access to healthcare services
fun working environment with hard working and jovial staffs
Child Protection Caseworker (Former Employee) –  MaiduguriNovember 18, 2018
Also looking forward to each day as it comes with it challenges, i learnt a lot of things like team playing, time management, multi tasking, different cultures, commitment and dedication and selflessness.
Pros
monthly happy hour
Cons
no recreational facility
Great company policy and great place to work.
Nutrition Outreach Officer Maiduguri Field Office (Former Employee) –  Maiduguri, NigeriaAugust 3, 2018
work is 8 hours daily with a one hour break, learned alot and had to learn to be more patient because of the high demand to work with different types of people with different personalities. Leader is great, learnt a great deal from my supervisor. the most enjoyable part of my job was working with IDPs, its touching when i reach out to them and see that my work can give them hope to live again and get back on their feet again. Hardest part of my work was seeing a child die due to hunger or sickness.
it was inspiring
Base Violence Response staff (Current Employee) –  yola, AdamawaFebruary 26, 2016
a typical day at work starts with briefing and sharing of work plan by staffs and movement to different operational areas to document cases and raise awareness on GBV. referral of cases and follow-up conduct Counseling and entrepreneur skills for women and girls.
Pros
capacity building (International trainings)
Cons
Short leave days.