Institute of Human Virology, Nigeria

Institute of Human Virology, Nigeria Employee Reviews

Nigeria17 reviews

Productive and fun work place

A fast growing Ngo that put it's best in bringing out a productive result. Learnt how to enter patients information in Lims, how to maintain acceptance and rejection policy when it comes to samples, good laboratory practice was maintained to bring about a productive result

Pros

End of the year bonus

Cons

Health care

Remuneration is good

The company is professional and well-focused in its delivery of mandate. The members of staff were happy with remuneration and career advancement. The challenging part of the work was constant travel away from family

Pros

Good welfare package

Cons

Lack of job security

Good productivity

I worked hard as a volunteer for years and gained much experience on the job but promotion wasn't forthcoming The policies were strict and I had to be very disciplined to comply

Very healthy workplace with supportive team members.

Salaries especially for Adhoc staff need to be reviewed. Benefits should also be added to Adhoc Staff even though it might not be up to the ones permanent staff collects. There should also be a system in place that retains those that had been dedicated Adhoc staff into full permanent staff after a certain consistent period of years.

Pros

Free training, supportive teams/ supervisors, internet access

Cons

Overworking frequently occurs.

Proper work life balance especially for female employees

Workplace culture is very relaxed and environment is slow pacedThe environment encourages work life balance as it is good for married female employees

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

Slow paced environment

Productive and fun to work with.

Institute of Human Virology Nigeria, is a very conducive place to work in.The Staffs and management are very accommodating.This is a place you will work and gain a lot, positively. My experience so far, has been superb.

Fun relaxed place

IHVN is a family-friendly workplace and they support women with young families by having a more relaxed structure.However, the only thing I did not enjoy here was when a new task was given, not much training nor briefing was provided.Many were left struggling until they found a way - and if you didn't, it would count against you!

its a productive place and worm environment free to learn and access the work place

Nice environment to be, accommodating people, and explanatory people, the work is not as tedious as it sounds, they teach you what you don't no and put you through.

The organisation has a very traning of his staff which enable to work on effectively today which is moblie reporting and moitoring and evaluation

I was able to learn the standard operating procedures which enable me to mentor people or service provides on the proper way of capturing the reports based on the indicators .i also work under pressure and team which was my most good experience with the service providers and the donors.Confidentiality as the key to every organization was maintained and among other things.

Productive and excellent work place

IHVN helped me realize my hidden potentials and has provided me with good knowledge and skills in control and eradication of diseases. its an excellent place to work.

Pros

Transport allowances

Cons

short breaks

Ihvn

The Institute is an International NGO that helps people living with HIV and tuberculosis. The work life balance is great. Very poor job security. I gained valuable experience during my time with this organization.

The IHVN Workplace

A typical work day at the IHVN starts at 8am till 5pm. Staff resume in a somewhat serene environment with the entire power and network system already up and running unless there is an electrical or network challenge which would hamper work flow until attended to. Staff resume early enough to finish up pending activities or startup activities for the day before setting out to field or facility visit as the IHVN is about treatment, care and support of HIV patients.

too rigid

it's a very fun place to work but the pressure is always much as inadequate staff were employed thereby putting undue pressure in the little staff there

Pros

nothing

Cons

no leave, no lunch, no transport or health benefits

Vrey Good Place to work and challanging ,Educative

A very good working condition and tasking..  Mentoring  Participate in field missions  Monitor and quality assurance spot checks on each project site.  Monitoring visits to implementing partners for data clarifications.

Pros

freedom to work

Cons

Healthcare

there could be days one will be busy without knowing is time to close for the day and some day less busy to have time for personal activity within the

The experience have been worth it. changing from one station to another, working with collogues with different characters and experience and working with different supervisors.

Pros

Providing call cards

Cons

Health care facilities

Very fun and smooth

its a fun and challenging work environment.Its a work demanding company with different challenges.I have a good relationship with my Co-workers.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

Stress and long hours

Productive and fun workplace with Vivat Table Water and Institute of Human Virology Nigeria.

At IHVN, work Starts by 8am to 5pm Mondays to Fridays . I learned how to Make Necessary Entries in the cash book as well as balancing it; Reconciliation of Bank statement with Cash Book; Preparation of Quarterly budget for Various Grands; Preparation of Bank Instructions for Inter Account Transfer. The management of the Organization is very Effective in making sure the Allocated Resources are Efficiently utilized. i really enjoyed working with my Co- workers, they are good in motivating as well as helping me understand some basic principles. The hardest part of the job as a Finance Assistant was the preparation of the Quarterly Budget, its difficult when the you have an incomplete work-plan. the most interesting part of the work its the Effective nature of the work. everything thing is done using Computer and Effective Software that makes work easy.

Pros

Free lunches and Tea

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Institute of Human Virology, Nigeria. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits