INEC

INEC Employee Reviews

Assistant presiding officers
Assitant Presiding Officer (Former Employee) –  KadunaJanuary 9, 2020
Assist with card reader in other to know if a candidate is qualified to vote...the use of card reader helps to know if the card is valid..............
The work is interested but it's bored as a result of maladministration
Presiding officer (PO) (Former Employee) –  Oyo stateJanuary 6, 2020
The management should be accountable and transparent
Government should provide electoral facilities prior to the election. This will help Independent National Electoral Commission ( INEC) to run its affiars smoothly.
Inec
Presiding Officer (Former Employee) –  Kano stateDecember 2, 2019
Good place to work. Though worked as a contracted staff during the 2019 Nigeria General elections as a Presiding officer. The hardest part of the job was the risk involved in the job but above all it was a wonderful experience serving my fatherland.
When it comes to work I give 100% commitment
Presiding Officer (Former Employee) –  MinnaAugust 16, 2019
If I get any job opporturnity am going to give my full energy and commitment to see that we achieve our goal and objective for the organization to grow and move to the next level.
I worked as INEC Ad-hoc staff at the just concluded 2019 general election
Presiding Officer (PO) (Current Employee) –  EBONYI STATEAugust 6, 2019
It was a great privilege for me to work as an inec ad-hoc staff. I was able to add to my knowledge as they said experience could be the best teacher.
I could vividly recall my experience then, starting from rac center( registration area center) where we are camped at the eve of the election. The election materials were shared at the rac center and we all move to various polling unit. As a presiding officer you are to handle all the election materials and control the election process to make sure everything in order
Productive with stress
APO VP (Former Employee) –  LagosJuly 27, 2019
My working experience was very much okay starting from the day of sensitization and after that, we were orientated on how to handle the sensitive materials and non sensitive materials and thereafter we went to the field to carryout the work, after then the result was collated and my polling unit has no error in the just concluded election.
Pros
They paid for our feeding
Cons
Short break during orientation
Adequate treatment was given
Ad hoc/ Ambassador (Former Employee) –  OsunJuly 17, 2019
A productive field work which opportunity of acquiring knowledge was given.

I work independently after proper training as regards the work has been given.
Fun and tasking
Presiding Officer (Former Employee) –  Igede-EkitiJune 30, 2019
The organisation is good. Providing all that is neccesaary to carry out a good and fair election, security is provided just it is not enough. The only aspect were there are issue is the aspect of money. The work is more than what we are been paid
Pros
Free meal
Cons
Short break
Voters co-relation
Assistant Presiding Officer 1 (Former Employee) –  LagosMay 30, 2019
I related with voters that has permanent voters card and accredited them after confirming if they're suppose to be at that particular polling station.
Productive and hospitable work place for Election ad-hoc staff.
APO1 (Former Employee) –  OORELOPE LGA, OYO STATEMay 22, 2019
The allowance for Election is nice, but ad-hoc staffs were not provided for. There was no good sleeping place, food, facilities were very poor.

Also government is used not pay all ad-hoc staffs.When a persons payment is missed no Matter how long they complain they never get payed.
They should provide a better platform or personnel that makes sure that everyone gets paid.
It is a very painful thing that after all my long training and hardwork receiving mosquito bite, a person wont get paid and someone ends up enjoying the money cause am sure that the budget has been made.
Pros
Food provision and good facilities .
Cons
Provide first aid or red cross during elections.
It was fun
Publicity Officer (Former Employee) –  Bank Road, Besides NNPC, Adamawa state, NigeriaApril 24, 2019
Kind and loyal and I really enjoyed working with them tho that I was just saved my national there but there workers are really showing us how to do the job
Pros
We buy food with our money
Cons
Morning to afternoon
It thought patience and quick paced
Polling unit officer (Former Employee) –  Benin CityDecember 5, 2018
During election period there's usually a high number of people coming in to get voters card,it was quite stressful and that time,but the job isn't Everytime,,so most times workers relax
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short lunch breaks
It was challenging but productive
PRESIDING OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Osun State.November 16, 2018
INEC is a very credible and transparent organization. It deals with election in Nigeria there by not allowing any room for staff misbehavior. I gained a lot of experience working with them.
Pros
Nil
Cons
Nil
Good but stressful with lot of experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Enugu, NigeriaSeptember 19, 2018
Worklife at INEC was stressful but it was a good experience. Anyone that intends to work there will have to have enough patience in his/her arsenal because once in a while the job can be frustating and annoying.
Fun place
Presiding Officer (PO) (Former Employee) –  Bayelsa stateMarch 3, 2018
It was a great experience working with INEC, I really miss the fun during my stayed with them,I also believe my experience, expertise and ability in running Elections with INEC was great
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Healthbenefit
its sharming experience
Adhoc staff (Former Employee) –  Gusau, NigeriaJuly 8, 2017
Its all fun during the programme and it was also managed by the programme. its all about getting people prepared for the general election in the country
Educating and conducive work environment
INEC is an interesting place to work, it has a serene environment and one tends to learn a lot. You are rest assured of you job, being a government job, there is complete job security. The salary structure is good and working there is fun.
Registration officer - (Former Employee) –  Gwadabawa zone, Kagoye, Sokoto state, NigeriaFebruary 21, 2014
Distance travelled was quite far but gives one time for other things. I learnt honesty is the best policy and friendly relation with people despite the language barrier. Management was generally okay. co-workers were understanding. Hardest part of the job was language barrier with the people who hardly understand English. The most enjoyable part was the job flexibility.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Distances
not too productive
Poll officer 1 maradun L.G.A (Former Employee) –  zamfara,gusuaJune 20, 2013
just nysc exercise for batch' B'corp memeber
the culture of the villages in that local government
Pros
nil
Cons
nil
Productive and fun work place
Bye Election (Former Employee) –  Bauchi,Bauchi State.November 27, 2012
Having been confronted with the threat of death. I learned to be patient and not to argue with unreasonable people. I also learned to be firm in difficult situations.
Pros
food and transportation allowance
Cons
short breaks.