Hilton Employee Reviews

Found 30 reviews matching the search See all 12,790 reviews
Internship at Hilton
Guest Service Agent in Training (Former Employee) –  Flic en FlacOctober 28, 2019
During my time at hilton, I observed and learnt a lot. I am very happy I got to have the opportunity to work there. I made a lot self improvement and became more determined. I dealt with guests, complaints, issues, reservations, and always reported back to my manager/supervisor. I asked for feedback and reported it back to the manager every day. the best part of the job is that I got experience, and I loved it! The most difficult part of the job was accepting the mistakes I made. However I believe, that you can only be and do better after your mistakes.
Pros
Gratis lunch
Cons
Long working days, only one day a week off
trabajo en Equipo alto standar en hospitalidad
Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  Departamento de cocinaSeptember 25, 2019
Por lo general , los standares de Hilton son muy adecuados y faciles de seguir el dia a dia en el desarollo de la hospitalidad a los invitados.facilidad de aprender y crecer en todos los departamentos.lo mas dificil es poder mantener el grupo activo de empleados parra llevar el servicio por la gran rotacion. la informacion online que provee.
Pros
descuentos en los hoteles del corporación
Cons
por lo general las politicas de vacaciones y feriados dependiendo el pais
Well they are good
Administrative support staff (Former Employee) –  Federal Capital TerritorySeptember 3, 2019
Transcorp Hilton Hotel is the best Hotel in Nigeria, I had a lovely experience during my nysc year in this hotel, added more skills to my already acquired skills gotten from my university year. Thanks Hilton for the opportunity
Skills improvement and great work experience.
Culinary Chef internship (Former Employee) –  NIGERIAMarch 8, 2019
Working in transcorp hilton Abuja as an intern have given me the confidence and opportunity to enhance my skills as well as learning new skills and working along side professionals who have greatly worked me through various kinds of cuisines and procedures.
Pros
Free lunch and great learning on the job
Cons
Limited job opportunity after internship programe.
It's a nice and excellent place to work and socialize.
HOUSEKEEPING (Former Employee) –  NGFebruary 19, 2019
Transcorp hilton hotels is one of the best hotels you can find in Africa for tourists, business moguls, celebrities, politicans etc.
It's management and staff are cool to work with.
Pros
Free lunch
Hilton jobs are reliable
Housekeeping / General cleaner (Former Employee) –  AbujaJanuary 19, 2019
Hilton keeps standard. I like Hilton job but it is very difficult to get one. Here it is becoming very difficult for me to get job even due with my experienced.
Pros
Food is not a problem
Cons
hour of duty is not a problem
productive, good and calm
Hotel Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  NigeriaJune 11, 2018
was a good to meet meet all kinds of peopole around the world you can imagine with a very tight security and strict rules, and was aswell had a very friendly atmosphere
Pros
free lunches, breaks
Productive workplace
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Abuja, NigeriaFebruary 15, 2018
Answered an average of 30 calls per day by addressing customer inquiries, solving problems and providing
new product information.
Greeted customers entering into the Hotel, checked them in coordinated their payments and invoices.
Described product to customers and accurately explained details of services provided in the Hotel.
Earned management trust by serving as cashier as well, responsibly checking in and checking out guest
accounts using Fidelio software.
Politely assisted customers in person and via telephone.
Provided an elevated customer experience to the Niche clients on the executive floor to generate a loyal
clientèle.
Pros
free meals
productive, effective and effecient
Food & Beverage waiter at the BUKKA restaurant (Former Employee) –  Nigeria, AbujaNovember 30, 2017
i enjoyed every day job because of my colleagues and my manager. i learned about effective handling of guest complain use the HEART model, the management are trying for the staff but not every staff enjoyed the benefit. hardest part is just working during xmas.
Pros
free breakfast, lunch, dinner
Cons
short break
Perfect work environment
Security Officer (Permanent Staff) (Current Employee) –  MAITAMA, ABUJA, NIGERIA.September 9, 2017
Everyday is a happy successful working day, an indept of multy inter racial and social mixup. A perfect management set up. A perfect workplace established culture. Handling disabled and mentally derailed guests. Xmas bonus and relief package payment period.
Pros
Team restaurant meals
Cons
No private laundary privilage
The information given is true
maintenance technician (Current Employee) –  NigeriaMay 5, 2017
Boiler operator, facility plumber and swimming pool maintenance. above are my working experience with Transcorp Hilton Abuja Nigeria and I'm very diligent in my specialition
Prácticamente cero
Manipulador carnico (Former Employee) –  Zona de embasadoApril 25, 2017
Fuimos a través de una agencia de Madrid para este trabajo en Holanda, cuando llegamos allí te confinan en un edificio y diariamente te dicen si tienes que ir al día siguiente y en que turno, mañana, tarde o noche.

sueldo bajo ya que te cobran la estancia
Pros
la convivencia con distintas nacionalidades
Cons
todo
filling the earth with light and warmth oif hospitality
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Abuja NigeriaMarch 18, 2017
I started as an NYSC corp member in the hospitality industry,Growth in the company can mean relocation from city to city. While this is not necessarily a bad thing, it is certainly can be part of the equation, especially if you want to fast track your career. Hilton Worldwide is a company dedicated to developing talent at every level in the organization and I owe my success and career to their continual investment in me.The benefit i saw at trancorp Hilton hotel are amazing if you work on the corporate side. Great environment, everyone is extremely friendly!
Pros
i love being part of Hilton
Cons
8 hours is beautiful giving time for yourself
is good working at hilton,
Team suppoting Staff (Former Employee) –  Abuja NigeriaJanuary 6, 2017
Please to work there again as a full staff rather than been a team supporting staff or contract staff.I will like them to put stop on Tss Or Contract staff,everyone should be a permanent staff because is a 7star hotel, .
Pros
free launch
Cons
30 minutes break, clinic free
fun and productive
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  AbujaDecember 31, 2016
Feels delighted to widen the scope of my knowledge and capabilities by being engaged in a dynamic organization that prides itself in offering standard responsibilities to upcoming talents.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
8hours
always intact
Housekeeping Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Lagos StateOctober 31, 2016
i work shift and its 8hours work..i learned how to address customers,clean up the room and arrange everything in the visitors room accordingly.the management is magnificent..i have no idea if i have had time in it.we have many workers there because its a five star Hotel...the most enjoyable if when the customers give you tips..
Pros
we do had breakfast, lunch and dinner
Conducive enviroment for learning for senior and Junior staffs
Waiter (Former Employee) –  AbujaJuly 24, 2016
i enjoyed given my best to our guest in terms of my services.very free with our guest.good with inter personal skills.i enjoyed taking a decisive order from my superior.i love my job and wish to work with such reputable company here in United Arab Emirate.
Pros
Free lunch
Innovative.
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Enugu StateMay 17, 2016
Learned to be hardworking and resistant to long hours of work. Co workers must cooperate in teamwork. Encounter new people everyday, learn new cultures and different style of living.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Tiring.
Productivity
WAITER (Former Employee) –  NigeriaNovember 15, 2015
it was a good place to work but the pay was not much enough to compare with the work done, it was a nice environment everyone would love to work in
Pros
free feeding
Cons
long hour
Great company to work for.
Assistant Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Flic en FlacSeptember 10, 2014
Typical Day at Work:-
Daily management meeting
Daily briefing with the HR team.
Handle any urgencies in terms of paper works or meeting
Walk around in all the departments to meet with team members on the floor.
After lunch office work
Daily updates with General manager
Any meetings/forum to attend
office work/team work for projects
Learning:-
Daily working experience and meeting with people
Be an attentive listener and a good communicator
Management :-
Challenges, deadlines, tough decision making, keep the equilibrium in managing industrial relations
Co-workers:-
Attention to details
Having the right information at the right time
Developing people
Hardest part:-
Disciplinary case to sack people with long years of service
Enjoyable part:-
meeting people and making them happy and comfortable
making people evolve and secure a better future for them and their family

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hilton. Our community is ready to answer.

55.5K