Hilton
Coronavirus update
Information from Hilton:

Hilton Employee Reviews

Nigeria29 reviews
A typical work day at purchasing department involves reviewing purchase requests from various departments, dealing with suppliers, issuing local purchase orders and vendor sourcing. At Transcorp Hilton, quality is never compromised and that's why they are one of the best hotels in the world. Every person in the department works as a team. The hardest part of the job is that it is quite stressful and requires a high degree of attention to details and speed. The most enjoyable part of the job is the warmness of the team members and running into the high and mighty in the society.
Pros
Free lunches, Capacity building online training with certification, Discount when buying food as a staff
Cons
Short breaks
The beautiful thing about the Hilton is that while the brand is big on giving guests the best possible experience ever, they do not forget the people behind the scene who work tirelessly to make that experience memorable. They appreciate their staff.
Hilton hotel is one of leading hospitality hotels in Nigeria, they gives opportunities to people who are willing to build their careers and they specialised in customer service to put smiles on face of their customers.
Best Hotel to work.HR is Always by employee site...learn more about Hospitality and Customer Service....The Company training is one of the best and work every time with a smile on our face
A good company,a family company,a management who loves workers...
I will always recommend the company to a person looking for job

But we have to more work

But I love it when it is competitive
During my time at hilton, I observed and learnt a lot. I am very happy I got to have the opportunity to work there. I made a lot self improvement and became more determined. I dealt with guests, complaints, issues, reservations, and always reported back to my manager/supervisor. I asked for feedback and reported it back to the manager every day. the best part of the job is that I got experience, and I loved it! The most difficult part of the job was accepting the mistakes I made. However I believe, that you can only be and do better after your mistakes.
Pros
Gratis lunch
Cons
Long working days, only one day a week off
Transcorp Hilton Hotel is the best Hotel in Nigeria, I had a lovely experience during my nysc year in this hotel, added more skills to my already acquired skills gotten from my university year. Thanks Hilton for the opportunity
Working in transcorp hilton Abuja as an intern have given me the confidence and opportunity to enhance my skills as well as learning new skills and working along side professionals who have greatly worked me through various kinds of cuisines and procedures.
Pros
Free lunch and great learning on the job
Cons
Limited job opportunity after internship programe.
Transcorp hilton hotels is one of the best hotels you can find in Africa for tourists, business moguls, celebrities, politicans etc.
It's management and staff are cool to work with.
Pros
Free lunch
Hilton keeps standard. I like Hilton job but it is very difficult to get one. Here it is becoming very difficult for me to get job even due with my experienced.
Pros
Food is not a problem
Cons
hour of duty is not a problem
was a good to meet meet all kinds of peopole around the world you can imagine with a very tight security and strict rules, and was aswell had a very friendly atmosphere
Pros
free lunches, breaks
Cons
Answered an average of 30 calls per day by addressing customer inquiries, solving problems and providing
new product information.

Greeted customers entering into the Hotel, checked them in coordinated their payments and invoices.

Described product to customers and accurately explained details of services provided in the Hotel.

Earned management trust by serving as cashier as well, responsibly checking in and checking out guest

accounts using Fidelio software.

Politely assisted customers in person and via telephone.

Provided an elevated customer experience to the Niche clients on the executive floor to generate a loyal

clientèle.
Pros
free meals
Cons
i enjoyed every day job because of my colleagues and my manager. i learned about effective handling of guest complain use the HEART model, the management are trying for the staff but not every staff enjoyed the benefit. hardest part is just working during xmas.
Pros
free breakfast, lunch, dinner
Cons
short break
Everyday is a happy successful working day, an indept of multy inter racial and social mixup. A perfect management set up. A perfect workplace established culture. Handling disabled and mentally derailed guests. Xmas bonus and relief package payment period.
Pros
Team restaurant meals
Cons
No private laundary privilage
Boiler operator, facility plumber and swimming pool maintenance. above are my working experience with Transcorp Hilton Abuja Nigeria and I'm very diligent in my specialition
I started as an NYSC corp member in the hospitality industry,Growth in the company can mean relocation from city to city. While this is not necessarily a bad thing, it is certainly can be part of the equation, especially if you want to fast track your career. Hilton Worldwide is a company dedicated to developing talent at every level in the organization and I owe my success and career to their continual investment in me.The benefit i saw at trancorp Hilton hotel are amazing if you work on the corporate side. Great environment, everyone is extremely friendly!
Pros
i love being part of Hilton
Cons
8 hours is beautiful giving time for yourself
Please to work there again as a full staff rather than been a team supporting staff or contract staff.I will like them to put stop on Tss Or Contract staff,everyone should be a permanent staff because is a 7star hotel, .
Pros
free launch
Cons
30 minutes break, clinic free
Feels delighted to widen the scope of my knowledge and capabilities by being engaged in a dynamic organization that prides itself in offering standard responsibilities to upcoming talents.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
8hours
i work shift and its 8hours work..i learned how to address customers,clean up the room and arrange everything in the visitors room accordingly.the management is magnificent..i have no idea if i have had time in it.we have many workers there because its a five star Hotel...the most enjoyable if when the customers give you tips..
Pros
we do had breakfast, lunch and dinner
i enjoyed given my best to our guest in terms of my services.very free with our guest.good with inter personal skills.i enjoyed taking a decisive order from my superior.i love my job and wish to work with such reputable company here in United Arab Emirate.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Learned to be hardworking and resistant to long hours of work. Co workers must cooperate in teamwork. Encounter new people everyday, learn new cultures and different style of living.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Tiring.