Heritage Bank

Heritage Bank Employee Reviews

Nigeria33 reviews
Good
A workspace where you can grow career wise and also opportunities are there for you to take your career to the next level.
There teamwork here is next to non
Great company.
the team i worked with were amazing. the atmosphere was relaxed and the managers were awesome. i also liked the fact that they weren't strict with dress code.
Working in the banking industry was an experienced I would like to have again
Working in a banking industry is an experienced I enjoyed. This I won’t hesitate to have again if the opportunity comes. It’s all human and business related activities . You make people happy through loan , save people cash for better investments and prudent spending. Grow my company profit, customer and general expansion. These gives me job satisfaction based on the ananling working environment. The team work in my former instructors was a morale booster. We work as a team both senior and the subordinates.
Productive and learning environment
The Bank was a place that gave opportunity for continuous learning, tenancity ,professionalism ,mutual respect.

The work environment encouraged team work and also responsibility on tasks saddled with.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Productive and Challenging environment to work in
Heritage Bank had strong and very friendly work ethics and environment. The highlight of my stay in the Bank would be the experience and knoweldge i acquired in my stay with the Bank. I was also able to build great relationship among my colleagues as we worked as a formidable team. Overall, i had a good time and i am happy they contributed in my career.
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
I've found Heritage Bank to be fantastic, they have been more than helpful with our two mortgages, our credit cards and the odd occasions we make large cash payments / withdrawals. Their staff have always been friendly and welcoming and the branch manager seems to pride himself and the staff in branch on customer satisfaction... This was a refreshing change after dealing with NAB who told us they couldn't give us a <80% lvr loan because we don't spend enough.
Decent place to work
Resume work at 8 am. Allowed to go straight for marketing before reporting at office.

I perfected my marketing skills.

Management cadre not involved in bringing in deposit.Met with management team every week.

Hardest aspect was having to meet near impossible target and still attend to IT issues.

The team work was quite enjoyable.
Pros
Lunch allowance
Cons
Long hours and always on the move.
Excellent in
This is a company that is well structured, believes in reward according to performance. It trains staff to being out the best in them and listen to suggestions even from the most junior person in the organisation. Team work is most important in their day to day running.
Challenging and stagnant
A typical day was either challenging or normal. I learnt to work under pressure, think outside the box, assist customers efficiently
The management was ok

I got to meet a lot of wonderful people, but the target driving was intense
It was very challenging and productive experience
The experiences I gained were awesome. I was able to Interpret monthly financial statements and assist with APG loan request.

My presentation and communication skills also improved.
Pros
Free Lunch
condusive work enviornment
Time management on every assignment is the key to every successat workplace

Working in a team spirit

Must be a goal oriented

Adherence to the organisation's standard rules

Every jod has it's challanges but hardwork with consistece professionalism bring good resut

Promotion and insentivs
Pros
Insentives
Cons
work envioronments
Great Service Culture
Great Service Culture in general, a customer-focused bank. Opportunities for career growth are limited and pay could be better. Staff enjoyed working there in general.
Pros
great service culture
Cons
limited opportunity to progress in career
Fun place for new intake
Productivity and a fun place to work, but there was no opportunity for growth. I was able to adjust and be productive due to my previous place of work.
Serene environment and safe
The company is a financial institution, as such not much time for fun during work hours, buy the working environment is serene and safe. Staff welfare is good.
Productive and Friendship
All my days at Heritage bank was typical, because there are always newer thing that one sees every day at work. As an I.T. Administrator, and due to the fact that the IT world is very dynamic, I learn newer thing everyday. The management at Heritage bank are very effective, they make sure that staff are paid promptly and they also make sure that their staff are trained from time to time to meet up with their professional status, which make me to be competitive in my area of specialization. The workplace culture is very relaxing and friendly. The hardest part of the job is that most often , because of the fact that the office is located on the island , getting to the office is always tedious and stressful all day long, you spend hours on the road before you get to the office for work and before you get home after office hour which in turn affect your health and comfort. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you are free and relax to do your display your expertise at all time
Pros
comfort
Cons
stressful getting to the office
Productive and fun filled
she resume every week day before 7:40am . she has a morning briefing on the bank products every morning before she start work.the briefing duration is mins. after which she proceed to start attending to customer on the phone .assist customer in the relations to any complaints they have in regards their account or i they need to make inquires about the bank product s and services. attend to the complaint with in the turn around time.ensure excellent service delivery .
Pros
gift
Cons
health care
Heritage Bank the Timeless Wealth Partner
We are driven by a set of principles that make us the embodiment of innovation wrapped in modest elegance and knowledge, enabling us to share and lead by example the emergence of a new attitude towards financial services, the people that provide them as well as those that benefit from them.
Just normal
Working with heritage Bank Plc is OK, nothing exmpetional, my co staff was nice but management really need to work more to benefit their staff, working conditions is nothing to write home about, the salary is the lowest in the industry.
Productive environment
I worked in the financial institution for about two years and I loved every second of it. I got to understand the financial markets and products, I got to analyse the creditworthiness of loan seekers before availing them of loan facilities. My job in a nutshell required sourcing for new businesses,clients as well as maintaining a strong relationship with existing clients.
Pros
learning and trainings
Cons
fun work place and service oriented establishment
heritage bank is a financial institution largely involved in the banking services.My department is specially created to to see that the customers are well attended to any time they visit the banking premises.and this has really helped the bank to create good relationship with the customers.
Pros
accurate service delivery to the customers
Exceptional work experience and learning field
I learnt how to communicate with people,market potential customers and retain as much as become our customers.

I also learnt how to manage customers when there was any downtime and was taught how to make them satisfied with the bank's products.

There was a day a customer was livid because she could do some transfers,i let her vent her anger while i listened patiently.

When she was done,i empathized with her and then spoke to her about our alternative delivery channels out of which she opted for our banking app-HB PADIE.

The download was successful,as was the pin generation and change.She effected the transfer and it was successful.

She left the banking hall very happy and has remained a loyal customer ever since.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Heritage Bank. Our community is ready to answer.
Heritage Bank Reviews by Location