Halliburton

Halliburton Employee Reviews

I worked at Halliburton full-time for more than 10 years, it was a good experience, with diverse workforce, culture and skills. Pros great international opportunities, fantastic lifestyle and life-long friends Cons although steps towards diversity have been made, many of the unconscious biases remain
Mondays are my favourite days to be in the office because everyone is fully energised. I was taught to always work with the procedures which is the guilde and that helps me to have learnt the right way.The management always ensure we work injury free by providing the right PPE for us and very good healthcare services for the staffs.The culture of the work place is to always keep the work place clean and effective communication.The hardest part of the job is when you are been told that you will be working all day because there is a load out that must be accomplished.The most enjoyable part is when you are been paid your bonuses
Pros
The management provides lunch for us on a weekend
Cons
We are entitled to the best medical health care
I have reviewed that halliburton is one of the best servicing company in the world today because they follow process and have high standard of safety,
Halliburton has all it takes in the industry to build you on the job and teach you all you need to know about your field in the industry, with world class equipment and learning tools.
Es una empresa con un ambiente laboral muy bueno con gente profesional y con una gran cultura de seguridad industrial
Halliburton gives you room for improvement and it's a company that believes in continuity. Its a company for all, no colour and gender discrimination
Pros
Perfect workplace
Cons
2nd best oil service company in the world
I worked in Lagos Nigeria Halliburton. Halliburton is a good place to work and learn, however, the Human Resource Management needs to improve and have their Staff's interest at heart.
This was my first job post graduating from University. An unforgettable experience that exposed me to rigs and well logging. This company launched me into the oil and gas industry.
Normal work schedule 8 - 5 New opportunities Good management team Good work place culture Uncooperative supervisor Ability to take decisions on the job and work independently
Pros
Company appreciation of workrs
Expose to onshore site at Agbran and Kolocreek in Bayelsa State.The experience was a first top notch. For example rigging of high and low pressure line
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Halliburton?
Its a Cool Place, for someone yearning for oil servicing experience. You get a lot of leadership and technical experience, within a short time, if you dream to be a Wireline Logging Engineer.
Pros
Experience is acquired quickly
Cons
For the Most Part, the experience is only useful in the Well Logging Industry.
• Maintenance and servicing of oil tools, using the new generation excel 2000 logging system to setup communication with the tool. • Responsible for the daily toolbox and working equipment. • Maintain a safe, clean and organized work environment. • Demonstrate methods and measures towards targeting goals to produce and deliver, without error or waste.
Cons
healthcare
Seasoned cementing Field Specialist and certified drilling fluid Engineer, with more than a decade of practical field experience spanning Land, Swamp, shallow offshore and Deep offshore Oil and Gas drilling operations. A Certified Automotive Service Technician with years of practical experience in petrol engines with good understanding of operating principles of electrically controlled units(ECUs) . Committed to being the best at what I do through hard work, continuous self-development and drive for excellence. I bring to bear a synergy of skills and experiences to proffer technical advice, solve problems, contributing in no small way to organizational growth and development.
Halliburton provides a good working environment with training and personnel development. It complies to health, safety and environment policy. It has a better benefit for its employees and provide opportunities to work around the globe. Recreational activities in Halliburton is poor and there is no room for table tennis, swimming pool, football field, etc.
Pros
No free lunch or free drink
Cons
8hours operation daily with extension sometimes
Working on rotational schedule 28/28 gave me opportunity to balance work and family life. Working onshore and offshore was rewarding and full of learning experiences. Management was good and friendly. Working with a variety of people from different parts of the world gave me knowledge and experience. Traveling and meeting people from all kinds
Pros
Trevel, paid expenses and time off
Cons
My normal day in halliburton starts by 7:30am, depending on the customers request, I may be preparing open hole tools for open hole logging,loading gun for an upcoming perforation Job, servicing grease injection head as a post job maintenace procedure. I have learned how to Rig up in offshore and land rigs, run wireline winches safely in open and cased hole . i am also competent in pressure control using dual pack off, wireline valve and grease injection module. I drive logging trucks safely to locations and perform various logging jobs as customer request. I have trained new operators on how to work safely, and basics of wireline job such as re heading and preventive maintenance on some logging tools. The work culture in halliburton and alpha are the same, they are both process driven companies, they are rules and paper work for tiniest of job. The hardest part of the job is having a miss run after days of logging, and the sleepless nights. Hearing good job guys from the client Rep and pay day are the most enjoyable part of my Job
Pros
meeting people and travelling
Cons
Halliburton could be a good place to work from a global point of view. However it could be an uninteresting place to work at a local level especially in Nigeria.
Pros
no lunchies
Cons
long stay at field
Opportunity to develop on core competencies. Very excellent manager. The job requires traveling to offshore locations and missing one's family for weeks.
Pros
Working in a competitive environment
Cons
Lack career advancement
A typical day at work is a day when when you load guns in GLF with all seriousness without any mistake, because there is no second chance in mistake on explosives. Learning to know the people you work with and how they work. We work as a team. The most enjoyable part of the work is when your tools are green tagged and are ready for loadout
Pros
When your manager encourages you and tells you weldone guys
Cons
when there are no tools for the job
Work culture is great and the management practice and open door policy. I learned about managing projects, meeting project delivery timelines and balancing work and play. The management is very supportive but there isn't a defined structure in place for technical career path. However it is a great place to work but I am looking at other opportunities within a more challenging environment.
I did my National Youth Service internship with Halliburton Energy Services. You cant miss this kind of learning opportunity. The job offer came in handy and really exposed me to the oil and gas industry. Good work culture and very good people company!
  1. Employee Reviews