Guaranty Trust Bank Employee Reviews

Productive,fun working there
CUSTOMER SERVICE IN A BANK (Former Employee) –  Plateau,josJune 2, 2019
Good interpersonal relationship with others,good communication skills, ability to work with others, team leadership,customer friendly which makes them and wish to come more
Very productive and highly performance driven organization with an eye for excellence and growth of its staff.
Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  LagosMay 26, 2019
Guaranty Trust Bank is financial services institution where business commences by 8am on every week day. Punctuality is essential as lateness is frowned at.

The workplace is friendly with staff willing to put you through if there is any lack within the department.

The management comprises of highly skilled individuals in the Banking sector that have a wealth of experience in various businesses within the Bank.
It is very difficult to see a fun work place cause everyone is always busy.
Industrial Trainee Attachment. (Former Employee) –  Victoria Highland Lagos StateMay 9, 2019
My typical day at work was when I was been taking around the volt on how to identify each file with their codification.
I learn how to code an item and how they confirm loan for customers and what to bring when you want loan.
The management are excellent and superb cause they are extra intellectual people.
One of their major culture is no native on Friday.
One of my hardest path on the job was when I was looking for one missing file like that which is very important.
My most enjoyable path of the job was when one of the staff is celebrating his/her birthday and end of the year party.
Pros
There is no free lunches.
Cons
There is short break when it is 12 0'clock on the dot.
A very lovely place to work
Head of Bank Branch Operations (Former Employee) –  NigeriaMay 7, 2019
A very lovely place to work. Work pressures are high and work-life balance can be improved. Friendly staff and highly enabling environment for learning.
Pros
Access to Mentoring
Cons
Weekend Duty sometimes
Productive and fun work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  AkureMarch 13, 2019
Yes its fun and productive.. Actually. I like table of 5 though to mix ideas and thoughts together for greater understanding. You get too meet new faces everyday also and its parts of traveling within your Confinement.
Pros
Free Lunch, Morning Coffee, lol.. Great Experience
Cons
Hectic and work Overload
Fun and Productive
Marketing Sales Executive/Account Manager (Former Employee) –  NGMarch 1, 2019
It was definitely a fun and challenging place to work. My work expereince has helped me with my Masters programme and given me clarity into my preferred career path.
Pros
Industry experience and exposure
Cons
Long Hours
Good
PURCHASING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  LagosFebruary 28, 2019
A great place to work.
The bank has carved a niche for itself as a pioneer of customer service an innovation.
I learnt a lot and still using the skill set i got from there.
Great place to be
Pros
Loyalty
Cons
It a great learning ground, as you hit the ground running.
Product and Strategy Manager (Former Employee) –  LagosFebruary 27, 2019
The people make the work more exciting especially with the right team. You are placed in any role with a mindset of an entrepreneur. You are expected to know your business and meet all performance targets
Cons
Long Hours
Customer Care Officer (Former Employee) –  LagosFebruary 12, 2019
Dynamic and splendid environment where staff motivation is result oriented and goal driven, they attend to various issues and training of staffs with zero error rate.
It's a nice place to work, the staffs are friendly .
Mobile banking Agent (Former Employee) –  LagosNovember 20, 2018
It's a cool place to be, the branches where I worked the staffs are lovely and very accessible. The bosses are nice people. My experience there was worth gold.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Short break and work loads
SysCom Operator (Former Employee) –  LagosNovember 3, 2018
In a normal day on the job, the manager of the branch gives us briefing on how the week activities would look like and corrections will be made based on last week's errors and omissions.. The hardest part of the job is sorting used bank tellers, deposit slips, cheques and printed emails transactions and are arranged into boxes to be kept for future reference.. The best days of the job is when we scan does documents into the bank's database as its fun to execute.. It's always a norm for we at the branch to interact while working and also help out when there is an issue with the equipment or otherwise
Pros
Conductive access to equipment
Cons
Short break, Christmas gifts and loan allowance
Cashier
Teller (Current Employee) –  NigeriaSeptember 25, 2018
The most enjoyable part of my job was attending to customers,and have learnt how to dealt with different kind of people i met on my table and having to take care of different issues they brought gave me so much joy.The company management deals with their staff so fair that a day at my office was never bored.
Job vacancy
Cashier (Former Employee) –  NigeriaSeptember 17, 2018
Am akinwunmi akinwale,a graduate of yaba college of technology..studied accounting.i worked with an audit with two years audit exprience.have also work in a bank as cashier
A positive work environment that promote equality and excellence
Lead Engineer (Former Employee) –  NigeriaSeptember 16, 2018
Guaranty Trust Bank operates an open office work environment where staff are accessible to one another and to customers at any point in time. The environment has made me result driven and goal oriented as every member of staff strive for excellence daily. The organization is centered around 8 core principles; Simplicity, Professionalism, Service, Friendliness, Excellence, Trustworthiness, Social Responsibility and Innovation.The most difficult part of the job is that one has to be give in your best shot at all times to remain relevant and be counted, while the most enjoyable part of the job is the togetherness that staff share.
fun
Customer service Executive (Former Employee) –  NigeriaSeptember 12, 2018
I enjoyed my stay in GTBANK. The work environment is condusive and nice for working.Guaranty trust bank is one of the best bank in Nigeria with good customer service
Modern Slavery
Enquiry/ Transactional Officer (Former Employee) –  NigeriaSeptember 9, 2018
These are typical example of modern slavery. What keeps boggling my mind is the fact that non of the staffs can utter a word, no one is saying anything about this unfair treatment in the banking sector in Nigeria too bad. Come to think of it, they don't even have ordinary Union, so who hears the cry of this innocent labourers. Majority don't get any benefit after long hard labour...
Good
Transaction officer (Former Employee) –  LagosAugust 29, 2018
It's a place where one can get to learn a whole lot of skills and interface with different people, speed, accuracy and getting it right the first time
Cons
Short breaks
Awesome organization, Great brand
Business Process Re-Engineering Analyst (Former Employee) –  LagosAugust 1, 2018
One of the leading Financial Industries
Learnt independence
Management is great. Excellent leadership
Family is made at work
Working late
Waivers for staff
Productive and fun workplace with efficient work results at excellent pace.
Mobile Money/ Mobile banking application officer (Former Employee) –  Abuja, NigeriaJune 30, 2018
The day i will never forget is my first day at Iron Mountain in Australia where i was given a task to finish within and hour and i did in 30mins regardless.
Pros
Free Lunches sometimes
Cons
Overtime
GTB is a great place to start your working career. The company's core principles are based on professionalism, friendliness,simplicity and honesty
Senior Banking Officer (Former Employee) –  LagosJune 16, 2018
GTB is a place where young talented individuals can learn and work hard in a highly demanding, fast-paced and highly pressured environment. It will definitely provide you with the right foundation to aspire and achieve your dream in the corporate world!
Pros
financial and non-financial incentives, young and highly prolific management staff, creche facilities for mothers with young children
Cons
long hours, work/life imbalance