Guaranty Trust Bank Employee Reviews

Productive place
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Abuja, NigeriaNovember 2, 2019
Working in a financial institution, my day was mainly occupied with attending to the financial needs of customers. I basically attended to any concens they had as regards to the bank and its product. I learned how to work is a fast paced environment and satisfy a customer to the best of my ability. The hardest part of the job was the work-life balance.
Guaranty trust bank is a place that you need to work if you want to grow very fast in the corporate world.
Customer service intern (Former Employee) –  NigeriaNovember 2, 2019
My stay in Guaranty trust bank was indeed very educative.. I learnt alot of things about corporate environment and also about the banking sector. My typical day at work is most times stressful but also refreshing, educative, informative as I got to learn everyday I go to the office. The workplace culture is top notch, one of the best in the corporate world. The hardest part of the job was resuming very early and closing late. The most enjoyable partvo the job was learning new things daily through their intranet system and also thr salary at the end of the day
Competitive working environment
Team Member, End user Support (Former Employee) –  LagosOctober 9, 2019
Very highly professional working environment with extensive room for improvement. Management was a top notch and I have learnt lot of training on customer service, ATM technical training and technical support experience. The hardest part of my job is trouble shooting ATM fault. While the most enjoyment part is allow individual to explore beyond.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Working long hours
Jobs in Canada, banking or administrative jobs
Banker (Current Employee) –  KadunaAugust 28, 2019
.Spend my day paying, receiving, transferring funds from or to customer's account.
.I learnt be be patient, hardworking and good team player.
.I enjoy solving customers problems
It was a contract job where I went to relieve one of the employees on leave
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Lagos, Idi-araba, LUTHAugust 5, 2019
It was a contract job where I went to relieve one of the employees on leave. During this time, the below task was carried out:

• Making and receiving of calls (Switch board admin).
• Sending out and receiving correspondence (pouching of mails).
• Opening of account
• Taking note of timelines and notice of meeting.
• Make meeting arrangement (setting up the meeting room, and ensuring availability of meeting materials).
• Proper filing and record keeping.
Pros
Free breakfast
home of discipline
Transaction Officer (Former Employee) –  LagosJuly 23, 2019
I love the fact that their primary objective was to provide excellent customer service. Aforementioned gave me a strong background and interest in customer service. The culture of arriving early to work to enable you to prepare for the day's work was a culture which was imbibed into us. The most enjoyable part of the job was the ability to resolve customer's issues and ability to be up to date with the organization's products and services to enable you to give current and accurate responses to customers queries.
Productive but obsolete systems
banking Officer (Former Employee) –  NigeriaJuly 8, 2019
The company is know for customer service and professionalism. However, systems have become obsolete and there is no willingness to upgrade.
Productive,fun working there
CUSTOMER SERVICE IN A BANK (Former Employee) –  Plateau,josJune 2, 2019
Good interpersonal relationship with others,good communication skills, ability to work with others, team leadership,customer friendly which makes them and wish to come more
Very productive and highly performance driven organization with an eye for excellence and growth of its staff.
Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  LagosMay 26, 2019
Guaranty Trust Bank is financial services institution where business commences by 8am on every week day. Punctuality is essential as lateness is frowned at.

The workplace is friendly with staff willing to put you through if there is any lack within the department.

The management comprises of highly skilled individuals in the Banking sector that have a wealth of experience in various businesses within the Bank.
It is very difficult to see a fun work place cause everyone is always busy.
Industrial Trainee Attachment. (Former Employee) –  Victoria Highland Lagos StateMay 9, 2019
My typical day at work was when I was been taking around the volt on how to identify each file with their codification.
I learn how to code an item and how they confirm loan for customers and what to bring when you want loan.
The management are excellent and superb cause they are extra intellectual people.
One of their major culture is no native on Friday.
One of my hardest path on the job was when I was looking for one missing file like that which is very important.
My most enjoyable path of the job was when one of the staff is celebrating his/her birthday and end of the year party.
Pros
There is no free lunches.
Cons
There is short break when it is 12 0'clock on the dot.
A very lovely place to work
Head of Bank Branch Operations (Former Employee) –  NigeriaMay 7, 2019
A very lovely place to work. Work pressures are high and work-life balance can be improved. Friendly staff and highly enabling environment for learning.
Pros
Access to Mentoring
Cons
Weekend Duty sometimes
Productive and fun work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  AkureMarch 13, 2019
Yes its fun and productive.. Actually. I like table of 5 though to mix ideas and thoughts together for greater understanding. You get too meet new faces everyday also and its parts of traveling within your Confinement.
Pros
Free Lunch, Morning Coffee, lol.. Great Experience
Cons
Hectic and work Overload
Fun and Productive
Marketing Sales Executive/Account Manager (Former Employee) –  NGMarch 1, 2019
It was definitely a fun and challenging place to work. My work expereince has helped me with my Masters programme and given me clarity into my preferred career path.
Pros
Industry experience and exposure
Cons
Long Hours
Good
PURCHASING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  LagosFebruary 28, 2019
A great place to work.
The bank has carved a niche for itself as a pioneer of customer service an innovation.
I learnt a lot and still using the skill set i got from there.
Great place to be
Pros
Loyalty
Cons
It a great learning ground, as you hit the ground running.
Product and Strategy Manager (Former Employee) –  LagosFebruary 27, 2019
The people make the work more exciting especially with the right team. You are placed in any role with a mindset of an entrepreneur. You are expected to know your business and meet all performance targets
Cons
Long Hours
Customer Care Officer (Former Employee) –  LagosFebruary 12, 2019
Dynamic and splendid environment where staff motivation is result oriented and goal driven, they attend to various issues and training of staffs with zero error rate.
It's a nice place to work, the staffs are friendly .
Mobile banking Agent (Former Employee) –  LagosNovember 20, 2018
It's a cool place to be, the branches where I worked the staffs are lovely and very accessible. The bosses are nice people. My experience there was worth gold.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Short break and work loads
SysCom Operator (Former Employee) –  LagosNovember 3, 2018
In a normal day on the job, the manager of the branch gives us briefing on how the week activities would look like and corrections will be made based on last week's errors and omissions.. The hardest part of the job is sorting used bank tellers, deposit slips, cheques and printed emails transactions and are arranged into boxes to be kept for future reference.. The best days of the job is when we scan does documents into the bank's database as its fun to execute.. It's always a norm for we at the branch to interact while working and also help out when there is an issue with the equipment or otherwise
Pros
Conductive access to equipment
Cons
Short break, Christmas gifts and loan allowance
Cashier
Teller (Current Employee) –  NigeriaSeptember 25, 2018
The most enjoyable part of my job was attending to customers,and have learnt how to dealt with different kind of people i met on my table and having to take care of different issues they brought gave me so much joy.The company management deals with their staff so fair that a day at my office was never bored.
Job vacancy
Cashier (Former Employee) –  NigeriaSeptember 17, 2018
Am akinwunmi akinwale,a graduate of yaba college of technology..studied accounting.i worked with an audit with two years audit exprience.have also work in a bank as cashier