GE Corporate Employee Reviews

Found 12 reviews matching the search See all 7,759 reviews
Buena empresa
Técnico en Mantenimiento (Former Employee) –  técnico en electrónicaJune 15, 2019
Buena empresa, pero con salario poco competitivo, buen ambiente de trabajo
Working with GE was a nice experince
Subsea Assembly/ Test Technician (Former Employee) –  NigeriaJune 11, 2019
Nothing much to say, I wish and hope that they keep the promises the make to employee during their onboarding process, I never experienced one such with them.
Productive workplace
Quality Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  NigeriaApril 20, 2019
Productive workplace, fun place to work, nice environment, latest technology, provision of tools to work with, new challenges, developmental growth!!
Exciting and challenging work environment
Healthcare Project Management (Former Employee) –  LAGOS NIGERIAMay 18, 2018
GE is a great company to work.
A typical day in the office is spent for customer meetings, team review and business reviews. Other days are spend on customer project sites helping the customer with site planning and project execution. Not a typical project management role, typically involving long hours/days on customer sites helping them to scope the project and ensure delivery timelines are met, which is always a big challenge in the region where i worked.
But altogether, it was a nice work experience for me and it helped me to develop my people management skills and understanding how to drive multinational corporate strategy and objectives.
Quarter-close pressure is the hardest part of the job.
Most enjoyable part of the job is the when customer is happy with the end-product. Project completion and value is given.
Pros
Working remotely
Cons
Work life balance not very good.
Great environment that promotes collaboration and culture that supports leadership and talent development.
REGIONAL LEARNING MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Lagos, NGJune 14, 2017
I'm empowered with tools and systems to work efficiently. A global company that enables you create connections and relationships with colleagues all around the world.
Customer First and Fun at work
Applications Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lagos, NGApril 12, 2017
My view about job is that one should enjoy what one is doing. What is what doing at all is worth doing well. I love my job in GE. it exposed me to a lot of things beyond engineering. GE focused a lot on developing leaders and this is key to my success in GE
Good Learning center for Engineers
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lagos NigeriaOctober 15, 2016
Working with GE Energy is a good, good working environment for any employee, able to learn about GE products and equipment, management skills is excellent, all worker are train to accommodate each other.The hardest part of the job is relationship between trainee and the trainer and the most enjoyable part is the courses.
Flexible Work Policy
Recruitment Marketing Lead, Sub-Saharan Africa (Current Employee) –  Lagos, NigeriaAugust 17, 2016
GE is a fantastic place to work! who wouldn't want to work with a company that exposes you to multi-culture and businesses?

I love the fact that I can work from home, and my work hours aren't rigid as long as I deliver results as at when due.

Also, I am allowed to lead in my own space. There are processes but the outcome matters the most. So, I am allowed to take risks to achieve results as long as it is justifiable and compliant.

GE Values customers feedback/satisfaction a lot. My typical work day is to ensure this is not breached.

Working with my team is awesome due to the fact that we can share constructive feedback without the fear of been blacklisted. This allows for personal reflection and growth.

Change is our way of life at GE. This is the hardest part because I have to continuously learn to balance my work style to deliver results. I have learnt to ask all the necessary questions required, be innovative and reach out for support when necessary until I'm fully grounded.
Nice team work but full of uncertainty
Subsea Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  NigeriaMay 24, 2016
One of the believes of GE is Customer determine our success, which simply means that staff are at the mercy of the customer and not necessarily what GE is doing to make them fare better.
But on the flip side, there are lots of learning activities online. Ranging from leadership to core technical skills.
Pros
A lot of learning materials
Cons
Uncertainty
Excelente
Analista de laboratorio (Former Employee) –  ANApril 2, 2014
Es una gran empresa a nivel nacional y a nivel del trabajador, me he sentido muy agusto y haciendo lo que me gustaba y lo que estudie.
Pros
Seguro privado, dietas
Operation and Maintenance MS50001PX25MW
Mechanical Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  NigeriaMarch 12, 2013
Self motivation, team player and team spirit.
About my field mechanical Field and to inculcate.
Working in team spirit to deliver successful work done.
Meeting with challenges but delivered successful, Combustion Inspection, hot gas path, Liner Transition Piece (LTPI) and Major overhauling.
Successful deliverance of the job safly, Preventive maintenance, Combustion Inspection, Hot Gas Path, Major Overhauling.
Pros
yes maybe three time
Cons
yes once