First Bank of Nigeria Employee Reviews

Low morale
Staff (Current Employee) –  Northern NigeriaNovember 11, 2019
. Acceptable performance bar is 90% achievement of set targets. Anything short of this recurved alot of tongue lashing that has a way of dampening staff morale and self esteem.
Healthy work environment
IT/FRAUD ANALYST (Current Employee) –  MARINA LAGOSOctober 23, 2019
FBN encourages its employees too look after their health by providing numerous facilities which includes a gym for staff members as well as their families.
Career Path
Senior Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lagos mainland, Lagos NigeriaOctober 22, 2019
Excellent environment to gain experience and good work ethics. Good atmosphere and great coworkers attitude. But behind the times in modern technology.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Salary compensation
A good place to gain vital experiences
Senior Analyst Core Systems (Current Employee) –  LagosOctober 7, 2019
It's an exciting place to work, they have a large customer base and the experience there is vital. They welfare is very good but the work-life balance for some of the department is almost none-existent
Attitude and commitment is key to success.
Marketing associate (Current Employee) –  IlorinSeptember 29, 2019
My experience over the years as a business man and an employee has thought me to be determine and be positive and in all be confident in your self.
Right attitude and determination is all I and everyone need to achieve set objective(s).
very productive place to work and learn
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  NigeriaSeptember 22, 2019
First Bank of Nigeria is cool yet challenging place to work. during the course of my stay there, i developed in multi tasking and learnt how to absorb pressure that came from both customers and colleagues.

The hardest part of the job was convincing customers to register for a product. But because of my good orientation on customer service, i was able to scale through.
fun and productive
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  LagosSeptember 12, 2019
Meeting people from different works of life and beliefs,relating with them and helping resolve issues make me happy working with the organisation and the relationship I had with the people I worked with is something I can not forget in a hurry.
Excellent in duty
Chief security (Former Employee) –  Abia state NigeriaSeptember 2, 2019
I am dark an tall in complexion,am very strong and alway at alert,being careful in any thing I do,am honest and sincere in my duties.and also respectful.
Customer executive role
Customer Care Executive (Former Employee) –  Iyana ipajaAugust 22, 2019
My most demanding and enjoyable experience.Shaped my outlook about banking.I had a lot of experiences in many departments as we were sometimes rotated to have an idea of how the departments that makes up banking works,The daily interaction with customers was the highlight.Overall an unforgettable experience
Fun workplace with Job Security
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lagos, NigeriaAugust 12, 2019
First Bank of Nigeria is the largest bank in Nigeria and its a nice place to work.

The bank offers job security, nice health and training packages for staff.

The hardest part of the job is that it is in Nigeria. The economy of the country makes the salary less competitive internationally as Naira lost half of its value in 2016
Good place to work.
Financial Advisor/Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  AbujaAugust 7, 2019
Good place to work in terms of job security. Little room for career progression and pay is below industry standard. Most times one is being overworked as on a regular basis your meant to work beyond office hours.
Good
Customer service officer (Former Employee) –  Lagos NigeriaJuly 19, 2019
Good job, different from trucking job, but trucking job is more lucrative that banking, so I decide to join trucking and more so you will gain experience with interacting with people
maintain, monitoring $ production of water for usage
Senoir Technican Officer (Current Employee) –  LagosJune 24, 2019
Frist bank, is nice place to work, their a lot of maintenance section
Apart from plumbing and water Treatment, we maintain cooling equipment like chiller etc .
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Healt care
Good organization, need improvement in human resources management
Funds transfer officer (Current Employee) –  Lagos NigeriaJune 4, 2019
The management work to ensure everyone is fairly treated and all benefits reach appropriate employee. All hands need to be on deck to ensure each person is reached

I resume 8_5 to attend to customer enquiries, empathize with them, try to meet and surpass there expectations
Pros
Extended allowance paid
Very productive and fun
Customer care(public sector) (Former Employee) –  AbujaJune 3, 2019
Very challenge, ability to learn new skill in fast pace , relationship with customers must be active, fun, with smile and word of encouragement . as staff must be active
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short break
Good learning culture, employees seen as greatest assets, good place to work
Relationship Manager Diaspora Banking Department (Current Employee) –  Lagos NigeriaMay 22, 2019
Firstbank of Nigeria: Its the heriatage of Nigeria banking industry and the first bank in the country founded since 1894. It has good learning culture. Its Accademy is the best in the Nigeria's banking industry with Affiliations with Lagos Business school and chartered institute of Bankers of Nigeria. There is good welfare for employees which include good health package and fair remuneration. Team work is emphasized.
Consistently aiming for the top spot in the industry within Nigeria and Africa. It's main selling point is superior customer service, leveraging on its people and technology to come up with innovations and always trying to be the first to roll out brilliant banking processes. Good employee welfare and clear communication from management to employees.
Pros
Unlimited healthcare coverage for staff member and family
Cons
High traffic on available technology resulting in delayed feedbacks to customer enquiries
Fun and has job security
Analyst (Current Employee) –  LagosJanuary 23, 2019
One of the largest financial institutions and the oldest in Nigeria, it is an environment where you will learn alot, you will meet different people and learn different skills.
Cons
Low Compensation package
A good place to work
Financial and Customers service representative (Former Employee) –  Lagos,NigeriaJanuary 1, 2019
The largest financial sector in Nigeria.it is a good place to work as the organisation encourages self development for career growth.I dont regret been a family.
Pros
Educational development
Cons
Work life balance
lovely work place where company train employee to work in team.
BRANCH SERVICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Osun stateDecember 30, 2018
First bank of Nigeria is one of the biggest bank in Nigeria which typically operate in retail banking, Commercial banking, Public sector banking and wealth management. My last role in the bank was service manager with sales and excellent customer service delivery target. The management of the bank taught me so such about time management and customer management. The hardest part of the job is that you are expected to be at the office always to ensure ATM machine is performing optimally and the most enjoyable thing is you can always be sure that the management is watching your back.
Pros
staff development
Cons
job demand
productive and team spirit
cashier and disbursment, customer service (Former Employee) –  AbiaNovember 19, 2018
it is a community that have a large heart for the staff but the welfare implementation is not as it look. no promotions and motivation for staff. the staff have team spirit and love themselves
Pros
trainings
Cons
12hours