First Bank of Nigeria

First Bank of Nigeria Employee Reviews

Nigeria89 reviews
Productive and great colleagues
Working with First bank was great, everyday was different with different customers issue. We always look forward to fridays as it is a day when we get to unwind from the weeks stress.
Productive work place
Fast paced , target driven work environment with zero tolerance for errors . Aggressive management style with customer focused workplace culture. The hardest part f the job is meeting up with ever upwardly changing performance targets while the most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with and providing solutions to customers.
environmental and business friendly work place
cordial working environment, target driven, good working condition , good reward system. pay or reward for performance. 360 appraisal system that allows the subordinate to appraise his supervisor vise versa
Nice place to work
Experienced management is lacking in few areas. Overall, there has been continuous improvement in the culture of the Bank. I enjoyed working in the Risk Directorate, specifically in the Credit Analysis & Processing Department, because i felt valued. the work was challenging but enjoyable at the same time. The hardest part of the job was closing late and getting into traffic, arriving home late veryday.
Not satisfactorily
Working with first bank has opened my eyes to the reality of the modern slavery in the bank. we worked hard and got peanut as salary. when they decide to retrench us, they pay us one month salary as exit package.
Productive place
Productive place to work. I was lucky to be in a department that had a great work life balance and my boss was a great man so it made the fas paced environment easier for me to work in.
Productive and fun work place
This is a very productive and fun place to work that balances work and life. Work in First Bank adds value to staff because we are encouraged to enroll for a lot of trainings
Fun work place
It is very interesting working with first bank.As a teller you need to be vigilant and courteous so you Don't run into debt.As a customer service officer you also need to be careful and always put on a smiling face.
Your Review is required. Please tell us more about working at this company in Your Review.
Your Job Title doesn't quite meet our quality guidelines. Please adjust and resubmit.
very focused and competitive
A typical day at work is treating 100 mails daily, learn about new products, have brief meetings with management, and most enjoyable part working with my team in ensuring the customers gets maximum satisfaction.
Excellent Place to Work
I work in a consulting role and i can tell that working in the bank has greatly shaped my abilities for higher roles in the future. its a great place to work but its own peculiarities and challenges.
Very Productive & Challenging
working there was productive, good team leadership and excellent customer relations. its a place for fast and positive thinking employees also a good environment for opportunities
A very good experience
Working in First bank has been very great with a lot of good expreiences. Withing 12 years I have learnt a lot especially in customer service and financial transactions.
Low morale
. Acceptable performance bar is 90% achievement of set targets. Anything short of this recurved alot of tongue lashing that has a way of dampening staff morale and self esteem.
Nice Place to work
First bank is one of the biggest banks in Nigeria, and it's a very good place to work, especially in the technology division, innovation is the watchword of the department.
Healthy work environment
FBN encourages its employees too look after their health by providing numerous facilities which includes a gym for staff members as well as their families.
Career Path
Excellent environment to gain experience and good work ethics. Good atmosphere and great coworkers attitude. But behind the times in modern technology.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Salary compensation
A good place to gain vital experiences
It's an exciting place to work, they have a large customer base and the experience there is vital. They welfare is very good but the work-life balance for some of the department is almost none-existent
Attitude and commitment is key to success.
My experience over the years as a business man and an employee has thought me to be determine and be positive and in all be confident in your self.
Right attitude and determination is all I and everyone need to achieve set objective(s).
very productive place to work and learn
First Bank of Nigeria is cool yet challenging place to work. during the course of my stay there, i developed in multi tasking and learnt how to absorb pressure that came from both customers and colleagues.

The hardest part of the job was convincing customers to register for a product. But because of my good orientation on customer service, i was able to scale through.
fun and productive
Meeting people from different works of life and beliefs,relating with them and helping resolve issues make me happy working with the organisation and the relationship I had with the people I worked with is something I can not forget in a hurry.