FHI 360

Generally, an excellent workplace

Job work/life balance

Compensation/benefits

Generally, an excellent workplace
Working with FHI360 was beautiful because I get to meet people who society has at a point turned their backs on, and give them hopes for living. The environment is quite conducive and co-workers and patients are just friendly. Management at the organization was strict as you've got to meet your target of registering a number of patients data in the database and the most enjoyable part of working there is the self respected everyone has for each other.
Excellent work environment
Rapid and exponential growth in Data Management
Focused Leadership and Management
Awesome Teamwork

Overnight work where dead line is near

Love and Teamwork in the organization
It was a Humanitarian consulting job that required travel to hard to reach security challenged areas. I learned a lot of qualitative and quantitative analysis and interviewing skills. I also improved my networking skills as I had to get details of other organisations in the same setting for a comparative analysis of their benefits and compensation schemes.
I met with the management weekly to update them on the findings in the field, they seemed quite responsive and were committed to improving conditions for the team. This impacted the workplace culture; care for community and collaboration. The hardest part of the job was the continuous sound shelling/Bombing in the war torn areas I went to. The most enjoyable part was to be engaged at improving the lives of the aid workers who worked round the clock risking their lives to help others.
Pros
Helicopter rides
Cons
I lived out of hotels and tents for weeks away from my family
Everyday at work was very challenging and interesting. Term of reference for every officers is define and straight forward. Ability to better plan to meet target and deadline. The organisation management is fantastic because everyone know what S/he is doing. the workplace was very conducive and staff opinion count in all transaction. Every part of my work was straight forward and I enjoyed every bit of it.
Pros
Simple organogram
Cons
Nil
A typical day at work is very busy especially during month end closure

we learn HR, Operations management, Asset Management, Procurement, logistics

There is a Senior Management Team in place

the work place culture is diverse, respect to gender and and divers culture.
Pros
Interesting work environment with staff from different countries
Cons
Long hours of work during month end and year end closure
The job on the average allows opportunity for social interaction, some form of proper management is exhibited by the management. There are instances of monitoring exhibited by some authorities of the management. In all I give then 69% for productivity.
Pros
Non
Cons
Short break
Work is great with comfortable environment and interpersonal relationship among staffs add to efficient and effectiveness of the job.
i learn to be focus diligent and dedicated to my job as efficiency is always emphasized

management policies are structures in such a way that allows for inputs which leads to adaptive management response to problems or challenges. weekly preview of responsibilities strengthen cooperation and diligence.
every job has its own stress, so i learn to adapt, but sitting for quite long especially when you have to meet deadline or an instruction is quite stressful.

it builds your analytical skills. that's where i appreciate most.
Cons
The day starts with review and follow up of the previous day work, I learnt how to plan,monitor and execute a project, data management and analysis. Had co works that are very cooperative which made the job more easy. The most enjoyable part of the day is when am able to meet up with target and goals set for the day.
The Hardest part of my job is firing/downsizing. After taking so much joy to hire the best staff for the organization. the most difficult part is letting them go either due to non performance or lack of funding from our funders (USAID)
Tasks with lots of deliverable everyday. Learnt to be able to work under pressure and be timely, develop management skills like planning, organizing, implementing and evaluating. Colleagues are interesting and serious minded aiming to achieve set goals. The hardest part is having to beat time or deadlines for tasks assigned. I enjoy field work which involves visiting health facilities to mentor and also trainings and the end of year parties.
Pros
Flex-time
Cons
health care
At FHI 360, we/They work with the Nigerian government to assist with the provision of care and treatment of the dreaded HIV/AIDS disease in the Country amongst other fields including Malaria and Girls Education.
A typical day at work in FHI 360 consist of planning meetings inter/Intra organization and seeing to the fact that this meetings happen on time and are well catered for. Planning travels in Liaison with the respective units for the Executive officers, Answering telephone calls and screening where necessary, undertaking stock inventory of all the required tools and stationery required by the Executives to perform optimally.

I also make time to type out the reports and minutes from meetings attended in the day so that they are shared to the respective individuals in time.

I also work with the HR department, helping to schedule interviews and contact candidates for their interviews. I also work with the Programs department maintain an updated contact list of all stakeholders, assist with making budget for activities and review MoUs and amendments with implementing partners and Agencies.

I work costly with the senior Directors, helping all 10 of them stay on track with their meeting schedules, also with all officers at different levels in the various departments of the Organization to keep track for the Executives the daily happenings in the organization.

The Job was very tasking which also made it interesting, doing all this and learning to solidify my skills in the areas of Interpersonal communications, Computer softwares, multitasking, prioritizing, organizing
 - more...
A typical day at FHI starts with me going through my document tracker to find out the status of my documents outside for signing.If there are any i follow up on them,when i get done with that i file documents of staff and treat tasks according to my to-do list.
I learnt at FHI that staff are importantly human beings and not just workers and should be treated with respect.Futhermore, the Organization prides itself as a beacon of professionalism

The Management i must say are all round and well grounded administrators and have worked hard to lead FHI to an enviable level in Nigeria. My coworkers are my next family after my immediate family.They are a great bunch to be with as we see ourselves as partners in progress. The hardest part of my job is the document filing process,its very energy sapping
Pros
high end health insurance policy for staff and very attractive salary
Cons
the job is project based as it is not a permanent job
A great environment where I undertook a compulsory 1year government sponsored program and I was retained due to my hard work and diligence. For this program, you get posted anywhere not necessarily in your field of study. This explains why I worked in d capacity of HR Assistant despite being a Chemical Engr.
On a typical dat at work, I check my mails, reply the necessary one,check my calender and do whats to be done.

I learned to multi-task, to have a great memory, day to day office ettiquete.

The management team operated an open door and equal right policy.

My co-workers were hard working people. We pushed and encouraged one another towards excellence.

The hardest part of my job was climbing the flight of stairs to my office on the fourth floor when trying to get documents signed, going for meetings and staying on top of things on the ground floor.

I love getting things done, sitting in for interviews, inviting people for interviews via mail and telephone.
Pros
good salary package and benefits, friendly atmosphere
Cons
non recognition of some local holidays