Equitable

Equitable Employee Reviews

fun

good company overall i enjoyed my time there and i think its a good place to work. I would recommend them to anyone. Of course there are ups and downs at any company bu overall its good

Pros

Wfh

Cons

short lunch

Good for a large corp

Currently allows 100%WFH and for at least the foreseeable future (as of Jan 2023). Benefits other than salary are pretty standard for what you'll find at the large publicly traded financial companies. Company culture (at least in IT) is for the most part pretty laid back, but can depend on who is your direct manager.Base salary leaves a bit to be desired, especially if you've been there a while. For IT folks, you can generally expect around a 10% bonus of your base salary, as long as you're not super new.

A scam

You are not a financial advisor. They expect you to hustle your family and friends. You are a 403b salesman over the phone and you have no choice in it. Be prepared not to get paid at all for 2 months and then get paid very little. They don’t train you at all. They say they will reimburse the cost of your training but you have to jump through hoops and hit sales goals. They won’t put you under contract after you complete training like they say, I spent months with this company to be out more money than I had been paid.

What is the best part of working at the company?Love my director and team, deriving great satisfaction from knowing that my interactions greatly impact clients’ lives and financial well-being. Value Equitable's approach to work-life balance, sick time and PTO. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Dealing with angry on-bound clients and/or financial professionals both with Equitable and 3rd parties--occasionally, one's direct report can also be stressful, though not currently.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?In short, my current role is one of the best in my entire career, due to the professionalism, encouragement and support of the current director, team lead and team members--it is a safe environment and a gift. This was not always the case. What is a typical day like for you at the company?It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Some people are the reason you do what you do, while others are the price you paid to show up that day! Sich is the nature of dealing with the public in the modern post-courtesy culture.

Go elsewhere

The culture is all about working all the time. No issues with meetings after 6 pm. everything is last minute and everything is a priority. Benefits are not good. Paid time off is great but most people work all the time anyway.

Pros

Paid days off

Cons

Healthcare, culture, work life balance

So far so good

Been good so far. There is always room for improvement but I believe they are attempting to make those improvements. Time will tell. Patience is the key. Cautiously optimistic.

good place to worm

great place to work while you raise a family, i.e. good work life balance in some areas, not so great for career advancement- you can have top reviews and still be at the same level for years. other areas are much tougher to work in

Pros

good performance generally yields stable work

Cons

opportunities are not plentiful

Great team with quality benefits

One of the absolute best set ups for new and experienced advisors. Great benefits for high performers and novice advisors. Hardest part of the job is prospecting - but you'll never run out of leads.

Solid Place to work

There are tons of opportunities to grow at this company. You'll find that many of the people here, especially senior management, have been at the company for 15+ years and bounced around in various different positions of interest.

Stressful work environment

Very stressful work environment, great benefits for full time employees WFH permanently no help with clients or support from management too many chiefs not enough Indians - outsourced overseas call center so clients are frustrated when getting America call center - no help with client or financial advisor support from management - really good people but no one in upper management knows what they’re doing at all…. You cannot grow they expect too much without any direction

Exhaustive work with no flexibility

I was a contract employee. When I joint the call center they had fired maybe 7+ people in one day that was full employees. Was a grueling job. Would not recommend working in this call center position.

Overall a great place to work with a lot of career options across several business units.

Very employee focused company open to a diversity of ideas. Since the IPO in 2018, the company has grown and met or exceeded performance expectations. Leadership is very open to new ideas and encourages innovation throughout the organization. The financial services industry is very competitive which in turn can make for some challenging days. Not a perfect organization but one that strives to do better each day and take care of their employees.

Pros

Work life balance, full remote options, great benefit options, matching 401K, time off policies to include great maternity and paternity leave

Cons

IT performance could be better, help desk not very effective

Productive/Stressful and Interesting

They pay wasn't great as a contract worker but it was a place where I learned about how I can plan for my financial future. In general you don't get a lot of angry customers and the tasks are fairly easy. As long you're consistent with customer and case works It's not too bad until it becomes too repetitive. Career Advancement is hard.

Pros

Easy and can learn important financial knowledge.

Cons

low pay, repetitive, Hard Career advancement.

productive and fun work place

I currently work here. I love my job for the most part. I am not micromanaged. I know what needs to be done so I come in and do the work. Pay could be better.

Compensation is terrible

Only look to this to build experience and get out once you can get a better position in a different company. There are better insurance companies to work for.

Lack of advancement and training by HR and Management

This company is fine for someone starting out in the Financial industry but DO NOT invest more than a few years here. Upper management does Not provide support for advancement within any department unless you are considered to be a favorite of the management even for employees who have shown talent and promise. Employees are NOT provided with guidance from upper management to help them advance, there are No one on ones for meetings with Supervisors and frequently the management will change up the style to which they need to provide support.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, no real pay raises and greedy company who likes to keep their profits, no investment in employees

overworked underpayed

trainers were fun. lots of information thrown at you, lots of systems to learn. micro management x10. favoritism. breaks are too short. very long hours. csrs are expected to handle way more than what they are trained. verification needs to be updated. most customers are elderly & not tech savvy, questions are sometimes from decades ago. systems are always crashing.

Pros

weekly pay

Cons

short breaks, systems always down, rude clients

Good way to learn about financial services.

Overall good place. Management can be to micromanaging and has to many meetings. The work it self is simple and straightforward. Most of the day is filled with busy work.

Pros

Great work life balance.

Cons

Too many meetings.

Ok place to work.

The experience at Equitable is ok The pay is much lower than other companies in the same industry and the workload can be crazy depending on the department. I have moved around the company in different departments. I have seen unfair favoritism ,bully managers , and micromanagement. I have also experienced the benefits of awesome team members, effective leadership and recognition. There are great departments in the company, but also bad ones, It’s hit or miss. I have worked here over 10 years and I think it’s probably time for me to move on. I encourage anyone coming here to work to look up your market value and negotiate like crazy cause the pay is way below other companies of the same caliber. Don’t fall for the first low balled offer. Not a terrible place but if you want to make good money, you can probably find a better place. Especially if you have been here a while without a promotion. I guarantee you are making at least ten to fifteen thousand less than if you worked for one of our competitors.

Pros

Great benefits, nice work campus with lots of food options, pool table, and gyms, great people

Cons

Low pay, heavy workload, bad managers, no clear path of upward mobility

Solid company but no chance for mobility

Managers will say time and time again they are moving people along through their career but its not true. They are not about creating quality products, just about money and time. Some people are overworked and some do nothing all day and yet everyone treated the same.

Pros

job security, decent benefits, solid compensation, focus on diversity

Cons

no advancement, insurance should be better considering this is our industry, work with vendors with bad reputations

Management needs help

Manager does nothing. People cheat on campaigns. Bonus are paid unfairly. Have to have 50 dials a day. Feels like I’m a service person and it’s overwhelming

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Equitable. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits
  • Equitable
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?