Equitable Advisors

Equitable Advisors Employee Reviews

Very cold Work place

No training at all and no actual guidance for new advisors. You are forced to sell to teachers for no salary only commissions and there is no guidance, nobody is social in the office and when you struggle everyone says “well that’s how it usually goes”

What is the best part of working at the company?Not working on itWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?No supportWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Dog eat dogWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Useless, no colleagues

Awful experience

Job was hyped up and very misleading. Had to pay to get onboarded there…then received small pay for “training”Cold calling all day with no specific target, poor management, sketchy business practices. Stay away!

Terrible

They make you pay to work there, minimal training with little to no pay, terrible management, 0 guidance, very sketchy business practices… stay away!!

What is the best part of working at the company?I can’t think of a single positive or best part of this company. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?The complete lack of connection to leadership and management. No direction. Little to no support. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?There was no culture that I was aware of. Maybe “everyone for themselves” and “figure it out on your own”? What is a typical day like for you at the company?Work at your own pace. I could drive to the office or work from home. Set appointments and meet with people.

Horrible

They will promise you everything but the kitchen sink and give you Zero. No training. Horrible management. Toxic work culture. There is a reason they barely have any advisors at this location.

Not bad

Its ok as long as you have the right team and manager behind you. Your pay will be mostly commission so if youre ok with that and youre good with sales youll do good

Hard, rewarding, but not enough pay

Working as an advisor has pushed me out of my comfort zone. I have gained a lot of valuable skills. There is a lot of independence with guidance from managers. My favorite part is the freedom. As well as learning about others lives and helping them.My least favorite part is the commission requirements. You have to meet commission minimums (right now $27,000 a yr) every six months for the first 3 years (typical contract for starting advisors). If you don’t meet those minimums, you are let go.My issue with this model is you expected to invest as much time as someone who owns their own business. But everything is owned by the company. If you don’t meet their requirements, they let you go. Work extra hard + no pay + you don’t own your clients. Downsides of being entrepreneur but not the upside. Actually owning the business.I find it hard to want to invest more time when I don’t get paid consistently and am constantly threatened with losing the business. It’s also hard to leave on your own accord after investing so much time and having clients.If you are being financially supported by someone else you can afford this long term and you have to be aware of the downsides.I would suggest working here for experience and then finding a way to go independent.

Overall good people

I have yet to run into a bad employee or manager at this company. That being said, there is a culture of constant rush and new employees can get left behind and stuck with massive gaps in training. Nobody's fault.

Sales Job

You are not a financial professional, you are a 403(b) salesman/woman. They give you school districts to work with and you just have to hope that the hands that you were dealt are good. Your success lays in the hands of the school district, if you get bad districts, you're not going to make a lot of money. If you get great schools, you have the POTENTIAL to make a lot of money.

Pros

People there are awesome

Cons

Management, progression level, sales job

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Equitable Advisors?

What is the best part of working at the company?You get to help peopleWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?The lack of communication with upper management, and never getting a straight answer. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Not friendly, very toxicWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Make my own schedule

Good company

They were very professional, a ton of benefits and kind many employees. People were nice and understanding for different experiences that employees were going thru.

Wouldn't Recommend

Not enough staff to get all the work done, staff team is not often treated super well, the pay is significantly below market value for our jobs, not an inclusive culture

Pros

a job

Cons

no flexibility, poor pay, toxic corporate culture only focused on bottom line

Finance professional

Great place to start a career in financial advising. The margins are small but if you’re good at it you’ll succeed. Surrounded by lots of good people.

Decent place to work

Company culture is good. There’s no real structure so it’s difficult to figure out how to grow your book on your own. No qualified leads. If you can go without an income for a while and have time to grow your book you will be very successful

Financial Advisor is not a typical advisory, but a sales job

This company is not really marketing their jobs accurately, but they use a way to lure folks make them thinking they will manage a wide range of financial services— in reality it’s not even close to what they are advertising! My thing is if you are misrepresenting your brands and the services you are telling your folks, at which the company hiring some Sales Manager (insurance sales agent) — but again, you’re not selling anything but life insurance services to teachers all over the U.S! Folks stay away from this company that’s all.

Not as bad as you might think

Pay is low and the place is held together by duct tape. But expectations are also low. The worst part is the quality of the people. The company is desperate to hire and will take anyway, and that’s reflected in the staff.

For entrepreneurs only

If you’re looking for a corporate job. This is DEFINITELY NOT it. If you’re an entrepreneur, and get what it’s like to work with low/no pay and build everything yourself, then you’ll appreciate the resources they do give you. If you think this will be a typical corporate job with standard, competitive pay and benefits, PLEASE keep looking!

Job will make you feel grimey

Not much finance in being an advisor. Name of the game is sell. And if you think you are gonna make money managing assets you are mistaken. Only way to make it is to push THEIR insurance products. If you are not a people person stay away. If you are not extremely sales savvy, stay away.

The whole model is wrong

The whole business model is just wrong and backwards, you're never going to be a true advisor if deep down you're hoping the client makes the decision that pays you the most. It just corrupts your judgement and you can't have those emotions when dealing with people's life savings.

You have to work real hard

flexible work schedule but if you want to validate and make good money you have to put in alot of hours. Have to study alot to get licenses and if you want clients alot of cold calling is required.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Equitable Advisors. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits