Economic Community of West African States

Economic Community of West African States Employee Reviews

Nigeria2 reviews
Good environment place to work with appropriate office and support for accommodation
•5 days and 8 hours a week including 40 minutes for break.
•Management remains the crucial aspect of the Institution especially the administrative procedures: too long with waste of times. However, the situation is making a progress with the introduction of ECOLINK.

•The work place culture is perfect.
Very busy with high expectations and daily targets
- Typical day is busy where staff (of over 20 Directorates) follow-up on current and past travel claims and also hours spent on reviewing and analyzing staff and Liaison office's documents, attend to urgent request by Principal Accountant or Director of Finance

- I have learned perseverance on the job, organizing and prioritizing my work while mastering my job so well for optimal performance and productivity.

- Management team is rotated every 4 years and we always have new policies introduced.

- My co-workers, a multi-cultural bunch, fun to work with both male and female, cooperative, team spirited.

- Having to go through every bill and receipt on a bulky justification to generate data for analysis.

- Analyzing data when extracted using excel and I get a bit of fresh air when in the air while on official mission / trips to other West African Countries.
Pros
Annual Leave, Medical Insurance, Education Allowance (Up to 4 Children)
Cons
Short Annual Leave (Allowed due to nature of job)