Chevron

Chevron Employee Reviews

It is a great place to work at, you get bonuses great self development and possibility to climb the leader, managers are nice and friendly. The perfect job I would say.
It’s a great place to work as an intern and a place to grow in your career if you put in the required work that’s expected of you. The mentor program is the best!!!
Working for the company was great, although as an Intern my stay with them was brief(6 months).It was a life changing experience and also a boost to my Career.
Pros
Free Lunches
I actually loved the work area but it was more relaxed when the expatriates are with us here than when the nationals took office, it was that bad, yea
It went extremely good for me lets us be it have helped me and my family in live it made me come out the greatest in life and it's is good also let us thank the company for the excellent service a d job in the world today.theyare the perfect will as a company that every community have and the have helped in so many development when it come to church example the biggest CHURCH facility in Lagos clearly.
Pros
Nil
Cons
Free daily lunch and tea. Great work environment. Friendly staff. Overall a very good place to work. Everyone is cordial and it’s a very good place to learn on the job.
Work with Chevron for 17 yrs as Spy Police, i retired 2017, my payoff was 3,500,000, this was not fair, a retired employee 20 yrs are paid 100,000,000
Pros
Accommodations, good food, friendly host community.
Cons
None sleep, long working hours when crisis / protest arises from host community
Let there be an higher authority for check matting every unit head. Sometimes tribalism occurs, slot are been sold to those that could pay the prices.
Pros
It will be good i believe
Cons
Monitoring head should be allocated
- Trained as the Operation and maintenance Technician. - Worked on Rotating and Static Equipment. Mechanical Technician, South Offshore Area Field Maintenance, Chevron Nigeria Limited, Okan- Escravos. Maintenance of all Rotating and Stationary Mechanical Equipment. Turbine Engine Changeout in • Okan Gas Gathering and Compression Platform • Okan Production Platform Gas Turbine • South Offshore Water Injection Platform injection pumps • South offshore Water Injection Platform Gas Turbine • Meji Gas Gathering and Compression Platform turbine Installation of different Safety and Fire Water Pumps in Chevron South Offshore Area - Trained as Health Safety and Environment Staff.
Pros
Good character building and models staff to integrity at work place and out.
Cons
Minimal work force
Interfaced between the organization and its external partners while working with the performance team to draw insights from past projects to improve future ones.
Good work environment. Conducive learning space, amazing bosses who are always willing to help. Great mentorship program. A very safety conscious company.
Pros
Free lunches and dinner
A typical day working in chevron is very engaging,by 7:45 am i am at work to resume 8:00 am sharp and start work immediately, next i report to my supervisor the job done the day before. And for the next few hours after that, i would read some court cases and discuss with my supervisor about the verdict. All staff have break from 11:30 to 1:30 pm then we resume back to our respective jobs on rare occasion we visit the court house. I would say what i have learnt most from Chevron is being able to give constructive argument, decisions and the opportunity to work with older and more experienced people. The management at Chevron are very strict with time, very helpful when you have a problem concerning work and are very easy going. Chevron's runs a market oriented culture means getting the job well done and also focusing on competitors all over the world. the hardest part of the job i would say was trying to get so much work done within a little period of time and the most enjoyable part was getting to interact and meet new people with experiences and having the opportunity to work in such an international company.
I gained a lot of experience while working here. Safety is the number one priority as employees are of utmost importance to the company. Good work ethics, favourable working condition and great work dilevery. I would definitely love to work here if given the opportunity.
Have maximum productivity level, a very safety cautious organization, beautiful pay, and bonuses, and an efficient approach to everyday work life. Safety cautious on employees and facilities "Do it right or not at all" is a slogan that keeps ringing on my head even after leaving Chevron for years. They invested a good culture in me.
Pros
Space for growth, free training, great culture
Cons
Good management skills,good salary, safety personified, it's really a good company.Chevron is a company that I will recommend to all within and abroad to for,I enjoyed my days of working there,there look into an take their staffs welfare so serious, achieving a zero % of accident and a 100% safe working environment through their safety team I think is awesome.i love the company and will like to back there.
Fantastic place to work full of life , the environment and safety culture was good . It only that African in any position are not too good , they use sentiment to do their recruitment which is not fair enough .
Excellent and good working in the environment with their good safety culture that always put safety first in all they do. Here in Chevron we work approximately eleven hours per day from Monday to Sunday. We work two weeks in and two weeks out. They security is very tight as well as their safety culture.
Company is a multinational so have a lot of diverse people which gives you an opportunity to learn more about different cultures especially in the work place. Diversity is really celebrated which makes working a little bit less stressful. Benefits are not bad too. Overall, great place to work.
Extremely collaborative, respectful, and fun workplace environment. Senior engineers were willing to assist with difficult tasks and give career advice to interns. Regardless of your position, intern, contract or full-time, your opinions were never shunned. Everyone had opportunities to disclose their perspectives on things.
Working in chevron is unique and challenging .. I put safety in every task given to you. Since I started working in chevron my orientation regarding to safety has improved more drastically. I have learned to work safely and put on the sense of vulnerability. I like the culture with which we do our job here . I got lots of safety trainings and it has improve the way I handle every task.
it is nice working okan project it was a great experience and the workers are fun to be with so many thing to learn from each other and the heads of team are very encouraging
  1. Employee Reviews