Chevron

Chevron Employee Reviews

Nigeria137 reviews
Operation and Maintenance Interview
- Trained as the Operation and maintenance Technician.
- Worked on Rotating and Static Equipment.

Mechanical Technician, South Offshore Area Field Maintenance,

Chevron Nigeria Limited,

Okan- Escravos.

Maintenance of all Rotating and Stationary Mechanical Equipment.

Turbine Engine Changeout in

• Okan Gas Gathering and Compression Platform

• Okan Production Platform Gas Turbine

• South Offshore Water Injection Platform injection pumps

• South offshore Water Injection Platform Gas Turbine

• Meji Gas Gathering and Compression Platform turbine

Installation of different Safety and Fire Water Pumps in Chevron South Offshore Area

- Trained as Health Safety and Environment Staff.
Pros
Good character building and models staff to integrity at work place and out.
Cons
Minimal work force
A good place to work
Interfaced between the organization and its external partners while working with the performance team to draw insights from past projects to improve future ones.
Productive and fun workplace
Good work environment. Conducive learning space, amazing bosses who are always willing to help. Great mentorship program. A very safety conscious company.
Pros
Free lunches and dinner
productive, pratical and fun
A typical day working in chevron is very engaging,by 7:45 am i am at work to resume 8:00 am sharp and start work immediately, next i report to my supervisor the job done the day before. And for the next few hours after that, i would read some court cases and discuss with my supervisor about the verdict. All staff have break from 11:30 to 1:30 pm then we resume back to our respective jobs on rare occasion we visit the court house.
I would say what i have learnt most from Chevron is being able to give constructive argument, decisions and the opportunity to work with older and more experienced people.

The management at Chevron are very strict with time, very helpful when you have a problem concerning work and are very easy going.

Chevron's runs a market oriented culture means getting the job well done and also focusing on competitors all over the world.

the hardest part of the job i would say was trying to get so much work done within a little period of time and the most enjoyable part was getting to interact and meet new people with experiences and having the opportunity to work in such an international company.
A Great company and great place to work.
I gained a lot of experience while working here. Safety is the number one priority as employees are of utmost importance to the company. Good work ethics, favourable working condition and great work dilevery. I would definitely love to work here if given the opportunity.
Productivity and work approach
Have maximum productivity level, a very safety cautious organization, beautiful pay, and bonuses, and an efficient approach to everyday work life. Safety cautious on employees and facilities
"Do it right or not at all" is a slogan that keeps ringing on my head even after leaving Chevron for years. They invested a good culture in me.
Pros
Space for growth, free training, great culture
Cons
It's good working with Chevron,they have excellent management skills.
Good management skills,good salary, safety personified, it's really a good company.Chevron is a company that I will recommend to all within and abroad to for,I enjoyed my days of working there,there look into an take their staffs welfare so serious, achieving a zero % of accident and a 100% safe working environment through their safety team I think is awesome.i love the company and will like to back there.
Good safety practice
Fantastic place to work full of life , the environment and safety culture was good . It only that African in any position are not too good , they use sentiment to do their recruitment which is not fair enough .
Chevron Nigeria Limited is a good place to work. They are very good at taking care of their staffs, with good medical care.
Excellent and good working in the environment with their good safety culture that always put safety first in all they do. Here in Chevron we work approximately eleven hours per day from Monday to Sunday. We work two weeks in and two weeks out. They security is very tight as well as their safety culture.
Great Place to work
Company is a multinational so have a lot of diverse people which gives you an opportunity to learn more about different cultures especially in the work place. Diversity is really celebrated which makes working a little bit less stressful. Benefits are not bad too. Overall, great place to work.
Productive and Collaborative work environment
Extremely collaborative, respectful, and fun workplace environment. Senior engineers were willing to assist with difficult tasks and give career advice to interns. Regardless of your position, intern, contract or full-time, your opinions were never shunned. Everyone had opportunities to disclose their perspectives on things.
Crane operation is more import and interesting to do .. I work safely in every given task and attain the required targets. I am a team player.
Working in chevron is unique and challenging .. I put safety in every task given to you. Since I started working in chevron my orientation regarding to safety has improved more drastically.
I have learned to work safely and put on the sense of vulnerability. I like the culture with which we do our job here .

I got lots of safety trainings and it has improve the way I handle every task.
construction and team fun cooperations
it is nice working okan project it was a great experience and the workers are fun to be with so many thing to learn from each other and the heads of team are very encouraging
Good
It was a good experience working as an operator in the field and later as a console operator.
I worked with great colleagues and the system is very good as per operations.

Management is not very good as regards being objective for promotion.
productive and fun place to work
I learned that Chevron is a great place to work at. The people were freindly, the workplace culture was excellent and the management was exceptional. The most enjoyable part was the interactions i had with my colleagues.
Productive and fun place to work in
Chevron is an international company with a worldwide reputation for integrity and operational excellence. This attribute gives any employee worldwide recognition and respect anywhere they go. Most days are "high pitched" as the assets are aged, field operations make a severe demand for support operations, thus requiring regular maintenance. Personnel are civil and generally supportive as part of the Operational Excellence culture. Regrettably the external environment is relatively turbulent, placing an additional burden on company and its employees to help ameliorate public government responsibilities. Operational issues do erupt every now and then, but these were timely resolved without any glitches.
Productive and good incentives
work life balance, friendly people.skilled, committed people who help you grow and serve. Constantly looking for both sub-contractors and employees for short and long term assignments
Productive and fun work place
The environment is very friendly.A place one can call home. A typical day at work starts at 8 am and I learned how to communicate more with colleageues.
Excellent Work Culture
Focused Leadership and desire to achieve results the right way. Hands on experience while you tackle day to day and long term challenges of the oil and gas industry
Pros
Focused Leadership and desire to achieve results the right way
Cons
Work Life Balance can be a challenge
Awesome experience
Key points;
Safety

Inclusion in the work place

Diversity

Objective- goal driven

Work life balance

Diligence

Digital innovation in the workplace

Profit oriented
Productive but stressful
A good Company to work with but bad managerial approach to contract employments. workers benefits are still hanging imbalance after the changes in new contract employment.
Pros
Free launch etc