Catholic Relief Services

Catholic Relief Services Employee Reviews

Working here is pretty amazing, the senior management is supportive and constantly looking for ways to improve staff welfare via annual staff reviews which are acted on. Gender balance and equality is a high priority. In all, I love it here.
Pros
Flexibility and staff welfare
Cons
job security issues
Catholic Relief service is a non ethnic, non religious and non profit making organization that assist people affected by arm conflict or natural disaster base on need in respective of your tribe, religion, status or even political inclination.
I feel very comfortable when working with the organization because of the culture and laws of the organization, this organization really help IDPs etc
Conducive work environment Good job security Fair payment of salaries but no benefits for adhoc staffs Fair worker's welfare Good management of resources
CRS is an amazing place to work. There is always room to advance in your career and one is also exposed to various programs. There are always opportunities to learn new technologies with respect to healthcare.
Catholic relief services Is a fun and vibrant place to work. The work hours were amazing, my team mates were the best and payments were proceed quickly and professionally.
I travel some about 4 hour journey every day to the field were we implement our activities, how you treat beneficiary matter a lot, management respect feedback from the field. they respect their principle.Risk taking going to those community with high risk. Sensitization of beneficiaries on their right.
Pros
1 hour for lung every day
Cons
start work from 8 am-5pm
ICT4D mean Information Communication Technology for Development, is a device use for Collecting house hold mobilization data for the distribution of LLIN Long Lasting insecticide Net use in preventing mosquito in Nigeria.
CRS is a structured organization to work with. The management is very supportive in your career growth and gives you opportunities beyond the country you are working with.
Pros
Performance ratings
Cons
Having to meet with new people for qualitative research doesn't come that easy as you may have to schedule and reschedule appointments. This day in particular we have we have been book for a key informant interview unlike previous works, the attention given me was great, I learn the art of active listening while penning information down.The cooperation with my team mate was so great, the hardest part was trying to transcribing audio files to written texts, and the enjoyable part is the time out for free launch
Pros
free launches
Cons
An organization with a catholic name but employs all religion and group for the purpose of delivering quality services. The organization shows great concern for family and work balance.
Daily routine involves operating water treatment plant and distribution of water to displaced people. Routine maintenance is part of the daily task. Working in a crises affected area, makes the job difficult. It prepared me for the bigger picture of participating in humanitarian support.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
one hour break
Great Place to work I have spent a few years working for them the Mission is amazing. one of the best places I have ever worked
My typical day of work involves taking a walk around the office first thing in the morning to check on operations and making sure everything is working well.. I learnt alot at Catholic Relief services Nigeria; this was one of my most enjoyable working environments. The team i worked with was special and each member carried out their tasks well.Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to serve others and receive smiles when problems were solved. It was also satisfying to be a part of a team that is providing humanitarian services to people in need.
Pros
Christmas parties
Cons
Health benefits
Typical day at the job involves series of meetings with facility staff at various partner facilities. Also involves meeting with various state partners and stakeholder to give reports, iron out thorny issues and decide on the way forward. Learnt and improved my project management skills My co-workers are a bunch of fun people to work in the hardest part of the job is the crazy deadlines set by supervisors and donors my co-workers form the most enjoyable part of the job.
Typical workday starts at 8am with a short meeting and lots and lots of paper work follows. Local partners send in liquidation papers for review and input. Being my first job post college, I learned work culture in this organisation. Making friends, taking decisions, managing people, taking instructions, amongst others. The Management is highly focused. I worked with 2 different Country Directors (both American) during my short stay and my direct supervisor was the Finance Director. Co-workers were from different background and several countries and local tribes. The organisation had a way of blending our differences and getting the best out of everyone. Hardest part of the job was the long travels especially in unsafe areas. Meeting people from diverse backgrounds was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
1 hour lunch break and weekend swaps
Cons
Travels to dangerous areas for partner trainings
•Validate posting of daily transactions into Sunsystem; Partner advances and settlement, monitored annual budget input into Sunsystem; year-end analysis of balance sheet accounts, year-end finance schedules for HQ; Petty cash expense voucher approval
Cons
temporary assignments