British American Tobacco

British American Tobacco Employee Reviews

Nigeria59 reviews
BAT is a manufacturing company that gives you everything to excel in the job. Staff welfare is top notch, excellent management team and organized structure
Pros
Good working environment

SWOT Analysis Identifies Strengths and Weaknesses and Relates Them with Forward Looking Opportunities and Threats

Strength

weakness
It is one of most highly profile organizations in Nigeria to work with including an intensive training On all aspect of their organization with Good standards of Health and safety Policy.
Woking at British American Tobacco was a great experience for me, there so many things i really admire about the company, the product , Service , Culture and the Visibility of the company, the work life balance, and mostly the one am so concern about is the fact that in British American Tobacco really have a great positive impact in the country unemployment issue by employing alot of graduates and not graduate interms of career development and also winning best employee of the year for three consecutive years. ''My Love for British American Tobacco cannot be forgotten.
Thank you.
I served as the lead technican in the plant where sewage across the factory is being treated for re-use end users across sites. I coordinated various
Nice job culture, I felt included. Just stay focused and try to utilize the online resources that they have to offer, I enjoyed having a mentor from most of the senior staff.
Pros
Very Flexible
Cons
Very competitive
Great place to work, great experience, great people(engineers). You will learn lots from there, new engineering skills,modern tools to work with. Its a wonderful company
I started as a technical trainee and graduated to become packing machine technical operator, BAT as Bad management and poor work life balance, poor HSE practice.
The work atmosphere is good for job development and as well being security conscious in all spheres of live, particularly on the aspect of job procedures as regards specific functions on security which entails the use of technical methods in carrying out day to day job functions procedurally.
A typical day at work in this organisation should be productive. The level determines what happens the next day and the next after. We strive as much as possible to have a DDS (Daily Direction Settings) to understand what are the requirements for the day before setting out on the day.

Other activities follow as deem fit.
As Quality manager, I'm passionate about the product quality from start to finished to ensure customer satisfactory is my prime focus. British American tobacco is a great place to work
Is a great place to work,but in the area of job work/life balance,salary and benefits we are not there at all,management is not straight forward in agreement with salary and benefits.
I co ordinate the crew for riggings and de riggings. Contact vendors for supplies. Assign tasks as concluded during pre production meeting. Distribution of give away items.
The management are making life miserable for their junior staff particularly the production departments which makes most of employees to work with high services, back bit e.t.c. More so the management enjoyed most of the benefit where as the junior employees get few or no benefit at all.
The ability to keep vital information is what keeps everyone going (individuals and organisations) and that should be our watch word. When we have all the resources but don't know how to make use of them it will never be enough
Each day comes with a different challenge, however, there is a strong support structure to help overcome these challenges. Dealing with external stakeholders is the toughest part of the job and this helps me appreciate better the culture of my organization and the numerous opportunities for self-development I have enjoyed over the years.
One may be stuck in career progression especially when you join at mid level. Aside that, it is great place to work for hard working guys who can multitask.
Job process and work balance is perfect for staring up a promiaing carreer. And the work environment supports growth and development . Constant training
Pros
Lunch, Hmo, Pension
Cons
Lunch, Hmo, Pension
Employees take pride in their contributions. However, make sure you work with a good team that is able to communicate effectively without leaving you out of the scope of things.
Free lunch
Presence of work life balance

very conducive environment to work in. People are motivated to work and there is flexi resumption time.

There is staff bus in lagos office
You can grow to your full potential at British American Tobacco. Dedication and continuous performance makes it all.

We can improve by making work place more relax so that employee can build and share more innovation.
Pros
Beautiful and friendly place
Cons
Busy atmosphere
Ask a question about working or interviewing at British American Tobacco. Our community is ready to answer.
4.4