Bouygues

Bouygues Employee Reviews

Nigeria16 reviews
When all is well you are an hero but when the chips are down and its your fault, you may be shown the way out.

You must be punctual always, and must be able to deliver on the go.

You must be seen to work.
Aucune entente avec la direction ,proposition avant embauche non respecté
From resumption time of 7am till the close of work at 7pm or 6pm depending on the milestones target and Project managers' approach, it begins with site walk round for work tracking and status update. Resource deployment usage tracking to ascertain compliance with program/schedule recommendation.
The culture is that, every worker, irrespective of your status, must be kitted with PPE, except when working in the office. Attendance in daily tool box meeting is also compulsory.

The most enjoyable part of the job is my responsibility as the compass for the project, in giving timelines and ensuring that works are executed on time and on schedule.
My experience with the company is a great one. I worked with the design team, where we produced designs and some construction details for the field engineers. I was also part of the as-built team where we prepared the as-built drawing and documents for the client.
A wonderful place to work with. A lot of things to do and learn.
A lot of challenges to over come.

Managing people of diverse culture and background.
- A typical day at work is; archiving, receiving letters,scanning them, renaming and sending to recipients, updating log, receiving packages and distributing them, daily audit of all projects filing system, updating server with new contracts documents, granting access to users and updating the access matrix and answering queries from all.
- I have learned to be more diplomatic and work as a team with others

- The management is fair

- The hardest part of the job is getting to meet up with the workload on time. But this i have overcome by delegating some task to others. Working as a team.

- The most enjoyable part of the job is making people happy. Being able to help people access and find things seamlessly is beautiful experience.
Pros
Lunch Subsides
Cons
Long Hours
Where so much that I can't explain it here, they pay before salary before 25th each month, so much bonus on Xmas period, from 8th December your alart is already banking you, you know all this are what give joy to every worker .
Pros
There is no free lunch
Cons
Excellent health care, normal break our.
Apart from sever and network management; we (3 other IT staff and I) work tirelessly to support a user base of about 300 staff nation-wide.

The management is friendly and understanding even when things go wrong. But we have to deliver with target limits.

I enjoy the support part as we have to educate users and they actually listen.

But the most disturbing part is having to run a network in an environment where electrical power is a challenge. Overall Bouygues is a nice place to work, with opportunities for being trained locally and internationally
Pros
Automobile loans
Cons
Promotion comes at a price
Bouygues has a strong workforce culture that has stood over the years and its enviable among other construction company in the country. pleasant staff and a good place to strat up and continue a career in construction.
Pros
Free transport/meals at night shift
Cons
Long Hours
It was a great organization where there was a race against time. It was an excellent management with people from all around the world working together. There was lots to learn with different style of working.
I typical day at work is on target set for the day.
I learnt hoe to organize, plan and execute any given activity.

The management was helpful to the workers

The worker and coworker were helpful to one another

The hardest part of the job was achieving the set target,

The most enjoyable is achieving the set target
Pros
Lunches
Cons
Short break
I worked as a Cost Control intern and it was a good experience. Learned a lot on the job about financial control for projects and construction. The company is receptive to new ideas as long as it saves time and/or money. the people i worked with were comprised of French/British expats and local staff. The work environment was pretty good.They take the safety of workers seriously. Decent breaks, good hours.
Pros
Good people, Good environment
Cons
contract work, low job security
This was a Multi communities with a sophisticated culture atmosphere . I could learn many moral activities from this culture,
J'y ai effectué mes deux stages de BTS CI, j'ai appris beaucoup de chose, tout s'est très bien passé. J'ai validé mon BTS.
A place where one had good opportunity to go for trainings and self-develop. compensation was good and one looked forward to going to work everyday but there was no opportunity to advance.
Some days work move smoothly, some days very stressful.
How to plan the work

Very good Management.

Because of the way i relate with them they are very co-operatives.

How to relate with worker.

When i meet up with my program.