Baker Hughes Incorporated
Coronavirus update
Information from Baker Hughes Incorporated:

Baker Hughes Incorporated Management reviews

Nigeria33 reviews
A good working environment. Good experience. challenging and competitive. They keep you on your toes. Management needs improvement though. All environment is okay
What do I think of Baker Hughes (BH)? Typical day at work: Left a job to join them. After 6 months of interview. Joined them and it was disorganized, going through transition and poorly managed. Right down to HR rep that never responds to emails or phone calls, unless alerted of a needed response. Spoke up to a couple of managers about the mismanagement. Nothing felt like a GE brand. Nothing of the precision, the methodology and the astute professionalism that one expects from a GE brand. Management: Apparently were not too happy with my complaints. 90 days later got fired (just before the Holidays) for speaking up about my dissatisfaction. They claimed "lack of fit." Meanwhile Fit supposed to be ascertained at point of hire. Had nothing to do with my work, work was superb. No substantiated documentation. Nothing. Hardest part of the job: Trying to understand the company's motivations. Simple tasks were difficult. Parking, printing, getting an assigned work desk, scanning, getting a badge, etc. Just the simplest of admin tasks. Enjoyable part: A few people who were migrated from GE who came with the enthusiasm and professionalism known to GE. Workplace Culture: Every single person in Compliance, HR, Senior Management, Legal, etc turned a blind eye to this firing. No regard for their corporate social responsibility in Nigeria or their quest to win bids with the Nigerian government. This is the type of employer BH is.
The group has great professionals from the executive level right down to the floor and the work culture is good. Management style is fair and work-life balance is very good.
Good place to work in. Learnt taking responsibility and ownership of tasks is essential to delivering results the management team are friendly and easily accessible
Baker Hughes presents great opportunities to work and excel in every aspect of your career, that includes technical competence, management and leadership skills through several training and retraining exercises. I have been a better person right from the day I joined the company.
I had 35 years of service and had many challenges and rewards and regular communication and support from senior management. I worked in many countries and many cultures which helped me with gaining experience and decision making.
To always strive to provide quality service that meet or exceed customers' satisfaction at all times through effective communication, cost management, time management and respect for people and safety.
A typical day at work was when I had to work overnight on drilling tools with some few members of my Team just to meet up with the customers deadline. It was awesome. I learnt a lot from the preliminary stage to the highest level of maintenance of drilling tools (Level 4), and also Leadership/ management skills. As a Supervisor, I know how to manage people and the job in such a way that we have a balance work environment ensuring that our customer's expectations and request are always exceeded. My co-coworkers are wonderful people ranging from my immediate team (DOWN HOLE ELECTRONICS) to other teams in the workshop and the larger team of the company. Working in Teams is not a challenge at all, I enjoyed it. The hardest part of the job is when I know the right thing to do in line with my job task to urgently complete the outstanding maintenance of the tools I am working on, and I do not have the parts available since I don't not have control over shipping of parts quickly from overseas to fix my tools. Hence most times some tools stay longer in idle day report. The most enjoyable part of my job is I like working with my own hands on drilling tools where I always display my technical ability and also my leadership skills . Ensuring that quality, reliability , safety are highly maintained.
Pros
Ensuring Quality Safety, Reliability of the tools and work process.
Cons
Ensuring good service delivery, meeting and exceeding customers expectations.
Fun place to work and start a growing career especially in the oil & Gas service industry. Good management structure put in place to help grow in you product line of job specification and also intensive E-Learning training and practical to better your understanding. Stranded politics put in place which is strongly obey by all workers. Most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and their willingness to teach and share ideas about the job.
Pros
Free coffee lunch
Varied jobs from one day to the next learned from others and taught others in a great atmosphere. Management was ok. co workers were mostly good working away from home in the Nigerian heat was very hard. The best bit was working with the Nigerian people and having a good laugh with them.
Pros
good money and good people
Cons
to hot and to far from home