Baker Hughes Incorporated Employee Reviews

Found 29 reviews matching the search See all 4,774 reviews
Highly Productive and Efficient Work place
DRILLING FLUID LABORATORIES(Student Intern) (Former Employee) –  RiversNovember 16, 2018
I learnt a lot during my stay with the company that helped in my career. I met many great men and women, that not only helped me develop in my place of work, but also inspired my life in general.
Pros
Health insurance, transportation, prompt payment
Cons
Productive and a fun workplace
Intern (Former Employee) –  NigeriaFebruary 27, 2018
Baker Hughes limited is a company with a very good job culture and tradition, working in a very conducive environment with all production comfort, and very encouraging managerial team
Pros
Free morning beverage, stock options
A typical day at work
Human Resource Business Partner (Current Employee) –  NigeriaJanuary 2, 2018
This cannot easily be defined as it starts with one thing and ends with another. It involves a lot of multitasking on deliverables whilst maintaining the open door so employees and people leaders can always walk in to air their grievances, suggestions, feedback or concerns. Several meetings are run during the day with centre of excellence teams across UK, Dubai and US varying from payroll to SAP system updates to compensation and benefits.
Pros
Not boring and a great way to learn to multitask efficiently
Cons
Meetings can sometimes drag on
Learning environment and build strong relationship skill
Credit Risk Manager-Account Receivable (Current Employee) –  NIGERIANovember 29, 2017
Learning environment and build strong leadership skill .
Most enjoyable part comes with my objective on cash collection and relationship with customer
Great culture, superb training and personal development opportunities
Channel Sales (Current Employee) –  Lagos, NigeriaAugust 29, 2017
Great culture, superb training and personal development opportunities.

I love the work environment, growth opportunities and potential to learn different parts of the organisation.

The leadership programs and training is world class
Average workplace with no extra challenge
Coiled Tubing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Port Harcourt, NigeriaJuly 28, 2017
I enjoyed my work time at Baker Hughes though I could not feel satisfied daily as I was not being challenged to push beyond my comfort zone and break new grounds.

The equipment were brand new and well suited for the job but the organization structure was below par as compared to my previous employers; Schlumberger.
Pros
Easy work shifts, salary
Cons
No mentorship, no defined career path
Good place to work in.
Field Engineer General- Applications Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lagos, NigeriaMay 7, 2017
Good place to work in.
Learnt taking responsibility and ownership of tasks is essential to delivering results
the management team are friendly and easily accessible
Well organized and friendly place to work
CT Field Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Porthacourt, Nigeria.April 18, 2017
It was fun working in an organized setting like Bakerhughes where everyone works as family. The work and objective are achieved as team and everyone respects one another.
Pros
Friendly work place
Cons
Nil
Muy buena compañia y trabajadores.
Field Operator II (Former Employee) –  Campo de OperacionesFebruary 14, 2017
Es muy buena compañía en casi todos los aspectos, sin embargo la estabilidad laboral se ve muy afectada cuando eventualmente baja el precio del crudo, problemas sociales ó gubernamentales.
Artificial Lift Field Specialist Consultant (Current Employee) –  NigeriaJanuary 27, 2017
A productive and fun place to work where learning and performance is the key to growth. My most enjoyable parts of this job are field operations, sales and clients interface.
Work at plant and rig site
MUD ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  PORT HARCOURTJanuary 24, 2017
Running mud checks and conditioning mud. Always adhering to safety.

We used mesophase technology to clean wellbore to enhance productivity.

There is risk of working in isolated areas.
Pros
making money
Cons
out of home
En Baker del Pertu se trabaja excelente solo difiere mucho el sueldo por el tiempo de experiencia de uno, es termino medio.
Especialista en Fluidos de Perforación (Former Employee) –  Especialista en Fluidos de PerforaciónNovember 22, 2016
Baker del Perú es una compañía excelente donde existe el compañerismo y la cultura laboral, ademas de los cursos que lleva en el transcurso de permanencia en la empresa lo cual hace de uno un excelente profesional. Lo interesante es que gana proyectos de años así uno se siente mas estable.
Ambiente de trabajo excelente y sobre toda mucha enseñanza
Ing de campo en Fluidos de Perforación (Former Employee) –  Ing de campo en Fluidos de PerforaciónNovember 22, 2016
Se aprendió muchas cosas para beneficio del trabajador, hubo compañerismo
Pros
El seguro medico que brindaba la empresa era al 100% excelente-
Cons
Realmente uno descansaba los días trabajados (1x1), eran pocas las veces que se salia del rol de cambio de guardia.
Oil & gas service company
Operation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Port HarcourtNovember 15, 2016
Internationally reputed multinational Oil & gas service company. Equal opportunity for all in this company. Excellent R&D and employee training programs.
A good place to work and improve yourself.
Field Engineer General (Current Employee) –  Port Harcourt NigeriaNovember 3, 2016
A very good place to start a career as you get to learn lots of things that will improve you. As a field engineer, i work on the field which is an exciting place to work because you get to meet different people from different backgrounds and cultures. Also its a very challenging and demanding job as you get to work under harsh conditions most of the time.
Pros
Good team spirit
Cons
You have to always be on top of your game.
Great company to work and grow professionally.
Logging While Drilling Engineer (Former Employee) –  NigeriaAugust 21, 2016
Baker Hughes presents great opportunities to work and excel in every aspect of your career, that includes technical competence, management and leadership skills through several training and retraining exercises. I have been a better person right from the day I joined the company.
excellent company to wok for
Workshop Manager (Former Employee) –  NGJuly 5, 2016
I had 35 years of service and had many challenges and rewards and regular communication and support from senior management. I worked in many countries and many cultures which helped me with gaining experience and decision making.
Productive and fun
Field Engineer III (Former Employee) –  Onne, NigeriaMay 3, 2016
working with Baker Hughes was fun and knowledge-based. Great team players and good mentors. A typical day at work is working full hours with two hour break spread from 8am to 4:30pm everyday.
Pros
Great training involving US travels
Cons
Might have a bad boss
To develop and become one of the best multi service professional Inventory.
Inventory Specialist - Senior (Current Employee) –  PORT HARCOURTApril 25, 2016
To always strive to provide quality service that meet or exceed customers' satisfaction at all times through effective communication, cost management, time management and respect for people and safety.
Baker Hughes Nigeria Limited is a branch to Baker Hughes parent company with Head office in Houston. They are drilling contractors.
Supervisor, Assembly Maintenance and Overhaul. (Former Employee) –  NigeriaApril 16, 2016
A typical day at work was when I had to work overnight on drilling tools with some few members of my Team just to meet up with the customers deadline. It was awesome.

I learnt a lot from the preliminary stage to the highest level of maintenance of drilling tools (Level 4), and also Leadership/ management skills.

As a Supervisor, I know how to manage people and the job in such a way that we have a balance work environment ensuring that our customer's expectations and request are always exceeded.

My co-coworkers are wonderful people ranging from my immediate team (DOWN HOLE ELECTRONICS) to other teams in the workshop and the larger team of the company. Working in Teams is not a challenge at all, I enjoyed it.

The hardest part of the job is when I know the right thing to do in line with my job task to urgently complete the outstanding maintenance of the tools I am working on, and I do not have the parts available since I don't not have control over shipping of parts quickly from overseas to fix my tools. Hence most times some tools stay longer in idle day report.

The most enjoyable part of my job is I like working with my own hands on drilling tools where I always display my technical ability and also my leadership skills . Ensuring that quality, reliability , safety are highly maintained.
Pros
Ensuring Quality Safety, Reliability of the tools and work process.
Cons
Ensuring good service delivery, meeting and exceeding customers expectations.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baker Hughes Incorporated. Our community is ready to answer.

51.8K