Baker Hughes Incorporated
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Baker Hughes Incorporated:

Baker Hughes Incorporated Employee Reviews

So far its been ok., in Baker you must be ready to always deliver anf be proactive in delivering to the customer. Work enviroment is ok, it is freindly , but can be tensed when there is an urgent need to meeet up with deadlines and monthly revenue.
Pros
nil
Cons
nil
Good team to work with but require more man power. I was able to carry our the Post Impact Assessment of a site that was to be transferred back to the Port Facility owners and the entire HSE team were quite helpful.
What do I think of Baker Hughes (BH)? Typical day at work: Left a job to join them. After 6 months of interview. Joined them and it was disorganized, going through transition and poorly managed. Right down to HR rep that never responds to emails or phone calls, unless alerted of a needed response. Spoke up to a couple of managers about the mismanagement. Nothing felt like a GE brand. Nothing of the precision, the methodology and the astute professionalism that one expects from a GE brand. Management: Apparently were not too happy with my complaints. 90 days later got fired (just before the Holidays) for speaking up about my dissatisfaction. They claimed "lack of fit." Meanwhile Fit supposed to be ascertained at point of hire. Had nothing to do with my work, work was superb. No substantiated documentation. Nothing. Hardest part of the job: Trying to understand the company's motivations. Simple tasks were difficult. Parking, printing, getting an assigned work desk, scanning, getting a badge, etc. Just the simplest of admin tasks. Enjoyable part: A few people who were migrated from GE who came with the enthusiasm and professionalism known to GE. Workplace Culture: Every single person in Compliance, HR, Senior Management, Legal, etc turned a blind eye to this firing. No regard for their corporate social responsibility in Nigeria or their quest to win bids with the Nigerian government. This is the type of employer BH is.
A good working environment. Good experience. challenging and competitive. They keep you on your toes. Management needs improvement though. All environment is okay
The group has great professionals from the executive level right down to the floor and the work culture is good. Management style is fair and work-life balance is very good.
A world class work culture, environment & core values that places personnel interests first, before technology. A dream place for every professionals.
BHGE is a great place to work. You see professionals interacting without boundary. It is a place for fast pace leaders that are looking to make organisational impact. Training and development is a fundamental pillar and career development is self driving - no limitation. Compliance and QHSE are non negotiable.
I plan my schedule, work almost independently and with teams both directly and virtually. The work atmosphere is challenging, collaborative and fun. I love the fact that I am a flexible schedule as I can work remotely at home or from the office. Then I also have the liberty to plan my travels.
Pros
Strong brand, international and multinational environment
Cons
Some difficult colleagues which is common everywhere
I learnt a lot during my stay with the company that helped in my career. I met many great men and women, that not only helped me develop in my place of work, but also inspired my life in general.
Pros
Health insurance, transportation, prompt payment
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Baker Hughes Incorporated?
Baker Hughes limited is a company with a very good job culture and tradition, working in a very conducive environment with all production comfort, and very encouraging managerial team
Pros
Free morning beverage, stock options
This cannot easily be defined as it starts with one thing and ends with another. It involves a lot of multitasking on deliverables whilst maintaining the open door so employees and people leaders can always walk in to air their grievances, suggestions, feedback or concerns. Several meetings are run during the day with centre of excellence teams across UK, Dubai and US varying from payroll to SAP system updates to compensation and benefits.
Pros
Not boring and a great way to learn to multitask efficiently
Cons
Meetings can sometimes drag on
Learning environment and build strong leadership skill . Most enjoyable part comes with my objective on cash collection and relationship with customer
Great culture, superb training and personal development opportunities. I love the work environment, growth opportunities and potential to learn different parts of the organisation. The leadership programs and training is world class
I enjoyed my work time at Baker Hughes though I could not feel satisfied daily as I was not being challenged to push beyond my comfort zone and break new grounds. The equipment were brand new and well suited for the job but the organization structure was below par as compared to my previous employers; Schlumberger.
Pros
Easy work shifts, salary
Cons
No mentorship, no defined career path
Good place to work in. Learnt taking responsibility and ownership of tasks is essential to delivering results the management team are friendly and easily accessible
It was fun working in an organized setting like Bakerhughes where everyone works as family. The work and objective are achieved as team and everyone respects one another.
Pros
Friendly work place
Cons
Nil
A productive and fun place to work where learning and performance is the key to growth. My most enjoyable parts of this job are field operations, sales and clients interface.
Running mud checks and conditioning mud. Always adhering to safety. We used mesophase technology to clean wellbore to enhance productivity. There is risk of working in isolated areas.
Pros
making money
Cons
out of home
Internationally reputed multinational Oil & gas service company. Equal opportunity for all in this company. Excellent R&D and employee training programs.
A very good place to start a career as you get to learn lots of things that will improve you. As a field engineer, i work on the field which is an exciting place to work because you get to meet different people from different backgrounds and cultures. Also its a very challenging and demanding job as you get to work under harsh conditions most of the time.
Pros
Good team spirit
Cons
You have to always be on top of your game.
Baker Hughes presents great opportunities to work and excel in every aspect of your career, that includes technical competence, management and leadership skills through several training and retraining exercises. I have been a better person right from the day I joined the company.