Baker Hughes Incorporated

Baker Hughes Incorporated Employee Reviews

Productive and high spirit
Good team to work with but require more man power. I was able to carry our the Post Impact Assessment of a site that was to be transferred back to the Port Facility owners and the entire HSE team were quite helpful.
Fit and the Baker Hughes Brand
What do I think of Baker Hughes (BH)?

Typical day at work:

Left a job to join them. After 6 months of interview. Joined them and it was disorganized, going through transition and poorly managed. Right down to HR rep that never responds to emails or phone calls, unless alerted of a needed response. Spoke up to a couple of managers about the mismanagement. Nothing felt like a GE brand. Nothing of the precision, the methodology and the astute professionalism that one expects from a GE brand.

Management:

Apparently were not too happy with my complaints. 90 days later got fired (just before the Holidays) for speaking up about my dissatisfaction. They claimed "lack of fit." Meanwhile Fit supposed to be ascertained at point of hire. Had nothing to do with my work, work was superb. No substantiated documentation. Nothing.

Hardest part of the job:

Trying to understand the company's motivations. Simple tasks were difficult. Parking, printing, getting an assigned work desk, scanning, getting a badge, etc. Just the simplest of admin tasks.

Enjoyable part:

A few people who were migrated from GE who came with the enthusiasm and professionalism known to GE.

Workplace Culture:

Every single person in Compliance, HR, Senior Management, Legal, etc turned a blind eye to this firing. No regard for their corporate social responsibility in Nigeria or their quest to win bids with the Nigerian government.

This is the type of employer BH is.
Ambiente laboral estable, sueldo competitivo en el mercado.
Baker Hughes fue una experiencia laboral muy importante porque alli inicié mi carrera en el campo petrolero en el año 1999 hasta el agosto de 2013. Para mi esta compañia muy estable laboralmente hablando,con sueldos muy competitivos en el mercado e inclusive estaba por encima de otras grandes compañias. Baker Hughes tenia en constante entrenamiento a los empleados (algo muy positivo para la compañía). Muy reponsable a lo que a seguridad se refería y eficiente a la hora de tomar una sugerencia. Luego del 2013 inicie otra carrera en Schlumberger...
A good working environment. Good experience. challenging and competitive.
They keep you on your toes. Management needs improvement though. All environment is okay
Good Work Environment
The group has great professionals from the executive level right down to the floor and the work culture is good.
Management style is fair and work-life balance is very good.
Buen ambiente de trabajo
Empresa sólida y confiable buen área de trabajo con mucha ayuda de parte de los supervisores y operadores
Pros
Buen seguro medico
Cons
Descansos a media jornada de trabajo
Excellent work envirenment
A world class work culture, environment & core values that places personnel interests first, before technology. A dream place for every professionals.
buen ambiente laboral, excelentes instalaciones
Buen ambiente laboral con los supervisores y personal técnico; además dar capacitacion al personal para desarrollar mejor su trabajo.
Problemas de comunicacion operativa.
Es una compagina buena, aunque aveces el personal, noe sta muy preparado, haciendo falta habilidades de manejo de personal y de Liderazgo.
Pros
Ceguro medio gastos mayores.
Cons
Las jornadas laborales son muy largas abordo.
Good place to work and learn
BHGE is a great place to work. You see professionals interacting without boundary. It is a place for fast pace leaders that are looking to make organisational impact. Training and development is a fundamental pillar and career development is self driving - no limitation. Compliance and QHSE are non negotiable.
Flexible, friendly and relaxed work environment
I plan my schedule, work almost independently and with teams both directly and virtually. The work atmosphere is challenging, collaborative and fun. I love the fact that I am a flexible schedule as I can work remotely at home or from the office. Then I also have the liberty to plan my travels.
Pros
Strong brand, international and multinational environment
Cons
Some difficult colleagues which is common everywhere
Highly Productive and Efficient Work place
I learnt a lot during my stay with the company that helped in my career. I met many great men and women, that not only helped me develop in my place of work, but also inspired my life in general.
Pros
Health insurance, transportation, prompt payment
Cons
Productive and a fun workplace
Baker Hughes limited is a company with a very good job culture and tradition, working in a very conducive environment with all production comfort, and very encouraging managerial team
Pros
Free morning beverage, stock options
A typical day at work
This cannot easily be defined as it starts with one thing and ends with another. It involves a lot of multitasking on deliverables whilst maintaining the open door so employees and people leaders can always walk in to air their grievances, suggestions, feedback or concerns. Several meetings are run during the day with centre of excellence teams across UK, Dubai and US varying from payroll to SAP system updates to compensation and benefits.
Pros
Not boring and a great way to learn to multitask efficiently
Cons
Meetings can sometimes drag on
Learning environment and build strong relationship skill
Learning environment and build strong leadership skill .
Most enjoyable part comes with my objective on cash collection and relationship with customer
Great culture, superb training and personal development opportunities
Great culture, superb training and personal development opportunities.

I love the work environment, growth opportunities and potential to learn different parts of the organisation.

The leadership programs and training is world class
Average workplace with no extra challenge
I enjoyed my work time at Baker Hughes though I could not feel satisfied daily as I was not being challenged to push beyond my comfort zone and break new grounds.

The equipment were brand new and well suited for the job but the organization structure was below par as compared to my previous employers; Schlumberger.
Pros
Easy work shifts, salary
Cons
No mentorship, no defined career path
Good place to work in.
Good place to work in.
Learnt taking responsibility and ownership of tasks is essential to delivering results

the management team are friendly and easily accessible
Well organized and friendly place to work
It was fun working in an organized setting like Bakerhughes where everyone works as family. The work and objective are achieved as team and everyone respects one another.
Pros
Friendly work place
Cons
Nil
Muy buena compañia y trabajadores.
Es muy buena compañía en casi todos los aspectos, sin embargo la estabilidad laboral se ve muy afectada cuando eventualmente baja el precio del crudo, problemas sociales ó gubernamentales.
A productive and fun place to work where learning and performance is the key to growth. My most enjoyable parts of this job are field operations, sales and clients interface.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baker Hughes Incorporated. Our community is ready to answer.
1.9K