Association for Reproductive and Family Health

Association for Reproductive and Family Health Employee Reviews

ARFH is a well established organization.
Programme Officer (Former Employee) –  IbadanOctober 16, 2019
ARFH is more a well focused organization headed by a renowned obstetrician. There is plan for retirement benefits. Their work/life balance is not very good.
Pros
Learning opportunities
Cons
Poor work/life balance
Productive and competitive
State Program Associate (Former Employee) –  NigeriaMarch 13, 2019
Nice place to work. It was a good place for me. I had adequate trainings on the project and I really loved it. Association for Reproductive and family health built my capacity on the Project.
A great place to work
National Qualitative Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rivers, NigeriaJune 16, 2018
A great place to work. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to put a smile on peoples face and restoring hope to people. The hardest part is working with several community based organizations .
I am a Fast Learner
Finance Assistant (Current Employee) –  NigeriaApril 2, 2018
In my current position as Finance Assistant at Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH), I have become very conversant with the management of funds from national and international donors geared towards reducing the suffering of humanity. Within my first three months, I was able to gain good knowledge of QuickBooks accounting software. I used this to post transactions (expenses, advances and retirements) timely. I was also responsible for preparing payment vouchers, reviewing retirements to ensure adequate supporting documents, amongst others. The constant pressures of working with deadlines helped me to learn to organize myself, by having a list of tasks I was expected to do, with their respective priorities. This helped me to become efficient at my work. Constant reviews of documents by both internal and external auditors have taught me what to look out for when processing payments.

Despite the fact that I do not have the minimum number of years of experience required, I believe that the quality of knowledge and experience I have gained while working at ARFH have made me conversant with the Global Fund requirements amongst others, and this may prove to be valuable. I believe that this, combined with my ability to learn quickly, and a passion for my job make me a suitable candidate for the position of Accountant.
Capacity building to NGOs, CBOs, State and local Government Staff
Monitoring , Mentoring and supervising the quality of Management, empowering Local NGOs for sustainable development goal,Social marketing, Family Planning and Reproductive Health intervention, Government personnel and community trained and liked towards community driven development approach
Pros
inclusive
Cons
8 hours